Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Here's a start:

MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) .

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8124
thanx a lot

Old 10-19-2006, 12:54 AM
yeah, i knew that I was going to kick myself in the butt about the test pipes....There was one dealership that i took it here in phx that they were kool about it when i got the tsb on the rear clicking noise. but the service advisor that was kool left to washington plus they are a farther drive then infinit of scottsdale

Old 10-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't Infiniti of Scottsdale provide all the parts for Everythingg35.com?

What's up with them being stingy about warranty on modded cars? Lame.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Bob the service manager and Steve Duncan said it was because of the test pipes and that a lone is illegal. When I told them i bought the rest of my stuff there he was surprised...I asked them to give it to me in writting that my test pipes is what is causing my oil consumption. Also, he said after market products cause your car to work harder and kept insisting that I race my car because my tires in the back are worn even.....and that the car isnt meant to be driven hard and that it is meant for a cruiser and blah blah blah

Old 10-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
So exactly what is WRONG with your car?

I was a lazy bum and I did my 06's first oil change at 5,000 miles. The gas station told me there was only 2 or 3 quarts in the enigne. I am assuming the engine consumed this oil during the break-in period and maybe a couple thousand miles after.

How many miles are on your car?

I have 7K miles now, running full synthetic (Mobil 1) and so far the oil level is fine.
i have 18000 or closer to 19,000

Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If the dealer really wanted to be an **** about the tests pipes, they could probably report you to the EPA and let them ream you for at least a few grand in fines. Removing a piece of emissions equipment is a big no no.

Bingo! This is what the dealer has as a back up. The car was redered "not street legal" plain and simple. Return it to legal stattus, sell the test pipes and you may have a chance. Removing the cats is a BIG no no. If your in a state that doesn't do emissions tests, knock the catalyst out of them and put them back on.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
Sooner or later, SOMEBODY is gonna slap you in the face for actually installing a mod in your car called a "pop charger"....and thinking it actually makes your car run better.
Gee that was sure helpfull to a guy that is looking at a ruined engine and no warranty.... Way to lend a hand

Old 10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you knowingly removed epa regulated mandated equipment on your car...there is a fine btw...other people with test pipes saw also they were consuming oil...your car now is has been flagged in the system and no other dealer will honor your warranty on your motor...

Old 10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Our cars take 4.3 Quarts

Old 10-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g35rcr
you knowingly removed epa regulated mandated equipment on your car...there is a fine btw...other people with test pipes saw also they were consuming oil...your car now is has been flagged in the system and no other dealer will honor your warranty on your motor...
Taking the car to the dealer with the test pipes on was definitely a mistake but that is not gonna cause you to burn as much oil as he is burning. I don't have test pipes and my G is burning just as much if not more oil. It has something to do with the engine and more specifically probably the piston rings.
pch2005-Put your cats back on and when the oil consumption doesn't improve take it back to the dealer. I would even print out a copy of the Magnuson-Moss Act and take it with you. Unless your service rep is really cool or it is a mod friendly dealership (i.e. Performance Nissan/Infiniti of Riverside) they will pull this "your mods voided your warranty" crap. Remember, the burden of proof is on them to prove that your mods directly/indirectly caused the problem. Without that proof, they CANNOT void your warranty or refuse warranty work. Believe me, I saw the dealership heading in that same direction with me. But luckily I had proof that my mods had nothing to do with the problem because my previous G had the exact same mods (plus a few more) and never had an oil consumption issue. At this point, they had no choice but to proceed with the oil consumption test.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:16 PM
all they wrote was vehicle has been altered. they did not put vehicle warranty was declined because of test pipes so i guess i am kool....but i guess a couple of guys here in az are going to help me out. one used to work there and is with NICO now and the other actually got his engine replace from infinit twice and then sued them and got money back...so i guess i have some back up.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
There you go. They just messed up by putting that the vehicle is altered. In other words they are denying to service your vehicle because of your mods. Now that you have researched this a little bit and have some back up, I guarantee you that there attitudes will change. This oil consumption problem is widespread and has nothing to do with any mods. Stock vehicles are burning oil. What excuse do they have for those people?? If your VQ is burning oil that bad, you probably need a new engine and they can't deny your warranty or refuse to give you a new engine because of your mods. The first step is to have them agree to do the oil consumption test. GL and keep us posted.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha Ha Ha, If it not broke dont fix it! leave your G alone. Just drive it. every minute with the mods and install shi* parts here and there. Just save up and get your dream car.

Last edited by snowrider13; 10-19-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:27 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pch2005
Oh, sorry. Should of stated that I did put 1 quart and a half after that. Then did oil change but didnt really drive car. Drove bro's z. Yeah, that is why I said it was my fault of taking car in like that. But they said I had to put back the cats and for the next 6 months due oil changes with them and come in every 1000 miles for a check up. That is how they may help me out or get car back into warranty...
If they're willing to do that for you, have them reinstall your cats to make it street legal again, and maybe you'll get your warranty back.
G/L
C.