G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Horn wont turn off!!! Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horn wont turn off!!! Help!

Tonight when I got home, I got out of my car and I closed the door. I hit the lock button on the remote as usual and the horn went off and wouldnt turn off. I live in an apartment and this was pretty loud so I frantically unlocked the car, and it proceeded to honk. I turned on the car and the horn quit. So I did it all over again and it did it again. It has been rainging all day so Im hoping something is just wet. So I just hit the lock button with the door open and it locked as usual and I closed the door. No horn.

So has anyone heard of this before? Any information or advise anyone can give me? I did a search and found nothing.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
i have my remote set so that when the car arms, there is not horn, it is silent. I think you press the lock and unlock simultaneously to choose which option you want. Not sure, but you can verify this by looking in your owners manual. Maybe that will help with your issue.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by realgone
i have my remote set so that when the car arms, there is not horn, it is silent. I think you press the lock and unlock simultaneously to choose which option you want. Not sure, but you can verify this by looking in your owners manual. Maybe that will help with your issue.
Yeah I knew that, but that will only mask the problem.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 AM
well the next morning my battery was dead... I got it jump started, drove it to my home town which took 3 hours, now everything works fine. I also changed my oil and replaced my brake pads today, Hawk HPS that all took another 2 hours. taking that plastic cover off to change the oil is a pain!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
So it rained really hard here in Virginia today. Well, sure enough, when I went from where I work to my company's office, I went to arm my car and the horn did exactly what yours did.

I disconnected the battery this evening, and I'll reconnect it in the morning. I hope it fixes it!

Old 11-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you don't need to take the plastic cover off to change the oil.. but it is a pain b/c i had to remove it for the sway bar install

Old 11-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
WTF, two people with this problem. That's odd...

Old 11-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
HAHAHA thats pretty funny.......There is a way to silent the horn with the remote so it wont honk when you lock the car.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 PM
My buddy had a Big Red Neck Bronco for the winter (he is into the 70s cars) and anyway everytime he turned the wheel to the right the horn would go off. I guess a wire must have been split. It was funny people in front of him would get so pissed! haha

Old 10-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread back from the dead, but this just happened to me, and was wondering if anyone has found the problem. It was raining really hard today. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I was up stairs in my condo and Out of no where, I here my car horn blasting in my garage.....As the OP stated, I freaked out and ran downstairs....It was a long continuous horn. I opened the door, and put the key in the ignition and one turn, and the horn cut off....... WTF?????

Old 12-11-2008, 10:27 AM
I had the same problem last night!!! Gte192 did you ever find a resolution to your problem? Wish more would have followed up. Last night it was raining, hit the lock door button and that set the horn off. Tried it 3 times and got the same result. I stopped messing with it as to not **** off my neighbors and this morning when I went to go to work the battery was dead.

Seems like this is becoming more common of a problem. Guess I'm number 4 of this board so there must be many more.

Called the dealer just now and they didn't have any idea.

I bought the car new, 4 years ago, An 04' coupe. I plan on getting a battery today afterwork and replacing it. I hope this remedies the problem. Any feedback from you other guys who have had this happen would be appreciated.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
If I had to guess, and I am far from a car expert, it sounds like a battery problem. It sounds like this is happening mainly on 04's, so the cars are 4-5 years old, about the life of a battery, so that may have something to do with it. Mine is an 04 and my battery went dead pretty quick the other day when I was drying my car off and left the radio on, within 5 minutes, if my horn starts causing problems, I will know.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am having the same problem, but with a 2003 sedan. I left my car running today and when I walk away the horn went off for no reason. It has been raining hard a lot and snowing all day. I have been trying to trace the problem through the wires, but have no answer. Whenever i try to put a new 15A fuse in there it just blows everytime I try to honk the horn. I am so confused adn pissed because it is annoying...

Old 09-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
04.5 Same problem. Just installed the ambient temp sensor AND went through a cra wash earlier today? ANy resolution???

Old 09-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
When it rains hard, my car keeps telling me that my trunk is open. It happens every time it rains hard. I hope my horn doesn't do start too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horn wont turn off!!! Help!