G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Warning light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning light

I have a warning light on my dash that says, "Service Engine Soon." Anyone have this before? What does it mean? I made an appointment for service but they couldn't get me in for 5 days. If that happened with my Lexus, they would have me come in the next day. I consider that poor customer service. What if it is serious. They don't know. I don't believe it is but I don't like not knowing.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I think it can mean a variety of things. They won't be able to tell until they read the code.

Also, how many miles do you have? Sometimes once you pass a certain mileage that light comes on to let you know to do the service.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by kepp
I think it can mean a variety of things. They won't be able to tell until they read the code.

Also, how many miles do you have? Sometimes once you pass a certain mileage that light comes on to let you know to do the service.
^+1

Old 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
My G35 > Your G35
^+2

Old 10-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by kepp

I have about 2050 miles on the odo. Shouldn't be time for service. I just hate having to wait until Wed.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Typically if the light is not flashing they will tell you that it is ok to drive the car and will make an appointment for you at your earliest convience. I assume that the light is solid when it comes on so you should not have too much to worry about. There are plenty of sensors that could have been tripped off that will not be a major detrement to your car except for having to see the light when you start up the car.
Another thing that you may want to check is your gas cap. If you do not tighten the gas cap completely after fueling it can cause the light to illuminate.
If you look in the owners manual I believe there is a small write up concerning the check engine light, and how to treat a flashing vs. a solid light

Old 10-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I couldn't wait til my appointment Wed so I took it in yesterday. They say there is a leak in the evap system??? I don't know what that means but I'll know more when I pick it up.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by reggiek
I couldn't wait til my appointment Wed so I took it in yesterday. They say there is a leak in the evap system??? I don't know what that means but I'll know more when I pick it up.
Damn, I had an evap problem on my saab 9-3 and it sucked. Once they fixed the evap crap other things kept happening and they would tell me was becasue of the old evap problem. But I also had a very crappy service department to work with on it.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u can go to any Autozone, PepBoys, Strauss or Advanced Auto or one of those kind of stores & they will hook up the 0db2 scanner & read the code for FREE u can call the dealer & give them the code the will tell u what it means

...knowing what it is should definitely ease the pain while u are waiting for ur appointment (if its something minor)
& if its major which i doubt, u will know not to drive ur car unless it absolutely necessary

Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I bet you one dollar that you left your gas cap loose
but if they tell you other things. They are BSing. Dont fix anything, disconnect battery to reset ECU and tighten up gas cap

Last edited by BroDaJin; 10-23-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by BroDaJin
I bet you one dollar that you left your gas cap loose
but if they tell you other things. They are BSing. Dont fix anything, disconnect battery to reset ECU and tighten up gas cap
You would lose that bet. I always turn the gas cap several turns. I know about that issue and always make sure.
They could have reset the thing without fixing anything but didn't. The car is still there. Haven't located the leak yet. They probably didn't work on the car. Mondays are bad. I'm sure they concentrated on more serious issues. I'd better get it back tomorrow though. The bodyshop has my new front lip ready to install.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I got the car back. The problem was a cracked vapor cannister. It was a non-warranty item and cost $550. This has to be a result of the accident I had last month so I'll put in a claim to be reimbursed by the insurance company. At least it's fixed and my baby is back at home.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... If that happened with my Lexus, they would have me come in the next day. I consider that poor customer service.

thats what you get with infiniti, **** service (there are some exceptions... like some of the dealers on this site)

Old 10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
take it to the stealership

Old 10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
eh hard to find Evap leaks. U need to have a smoke machine.