G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

wrx vs g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 06BLACKMT
yeah, seriously, its so annoying when people talk as if they've owned both the WRX and G. Nismo you are arguing about numbers above 80 mph. I thought this thread was about a G v. WRX stock for stock. You have to look overall, in most daily driving situations. Not 80mph plus or on a course. On a highway, red light to red light, the WRX will most likely always out perform our G's...unless he/she cannot drive it for ****. Its a V6 that needs to be wound out to near redline every gear for performance, vs. a flat four turbo charged engine. Rev the WRX to 2.5k and your turbo is near full spool at launch..The WRX, while not the most aesthetically appealing is a QUICK, fun car. I suggest all those who hate on them, to take one for a test drive. I miss the driving experience, but not the exterior or interior design.
I never said i hated them and also i never ONLY argued from 80+ MPH i said earlier that i know the STI and WRX will out perform us to 80MPH and i simply stated that from 80mph + we will be able to keep up and or beat them.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06BLACKMT is just emotional cus he miss the WRX. I completely understand. Don't worry about it Nismo he's really reading too much into your post.

I feel nostalgic when I see a WRX also. The sad thing is that not very many people know about the WRX.

if my budget was 25k. I would get a WRX all over again period!!

Old 10-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by DaVince
06BLACKMT is just emotional cus he miss the WRX. I completely understand. Don't worry about it Nismo he's really reading too much into your post.

I feel nostalgic when I see a WRX also. The sad thing is that not very many people know about the WRX.

Yeah, very ture... it is a fun car ( i havnt drove one, but we are always out doing something stupid in it) we live next to these huge cow pastures and we take that STI out there and unleash hell haha.

Cant do that in a G

Old 10-27-2006, 12:58 PM

hah, its the truth man. damn am i gonna miss those snowy roads and driving around in 6+ inches doing powerslides....ahh i guess what cancels it out though is that damn sexy exhaust note of the G..mmm

Old 10-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Sounds like uber fun!!

My friend and I had to park in a grass area on my campus when I was in college. He has a real nice MR2, the old gen with the works; kit, wheels, drop. It rained the grass area turned to mud. My WRX was right at home driving out of there when we got out of class. His car however, wasn't doing too well

I miss my wrx when it rains...

it doesn't snow in texas LOL

Last edited by DaVince; 10-27-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:01 PM
You need to hear the scooby sport exhaust(WRC uses) and the turbo whistling of the WRX. That's a real sweet sound! not loud but nice, deep and raspy. Boxer engine amplified!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:11 PM
He won't beat you if he is stock!, however, modded WRX's can be pretty quick.. i raced a modded one on the highway and he kept up pretty good.. i would i say i beat him by just less than a car.... I would have probably lost if we raced off the line..

Old 10-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
WRX with Exhaust is no longer just a stock WRX... exhaust can do a lot to that car
Ok i race my friend at laurel track all the time he owns a WRX intake and also just got a new exhaust i still beat him in both the 1/4 and the 1/8 no way can a regular wrx keep up and my car in stock by the way not even a Z tube

Old 10-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mike1012
Ok i race my friend at laurel track all the time he owns a WRX intake and also just got a new exhaust i still beat him in both the 1/4 and the 1/8 no way can a regular wrx keep up and my car in stock by the way not even a Z tube

Its not that the wrx stock is slower than G35 stock. Its that you're a better driver.

c'mon guys, lets look at the numbers here and read the freakin post. Its been mention before that the wrx needs to be tuned with the intake and exhaust to get the power out of it. intake doesn't do jack! makes the car runs lean causing it to lose HP. Exhaust helps the power band but not that much!

stock wrx vs stock g35 - drivers being EQUAL, the WRX wins.

read the posts please!

Old 10-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Lip
Just wanted to pipe in, even though it's already been told.
My buddy has an 05 WRX 5-speed. No mods.
We've had a go a couple of times, mind you this was when I had my 05X.
Off the line he was a touch quicker if he dumped it. On the freeway, we were even until triple digits when my car pulled a bit.
The STI on the other hand is considerably quicker, based on the test drives I've taken.
I've seen a highly modded STI give my buddy's modded 748 a challenge off the line through the first 2 gears

Old 10-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

read the posts please!
I don't think so. What's the 60' on a moderately driven wrx? 1.8? On a g it's a 2.2.

That .4 difference is large, I'll admit it, but most g's will have the power to take one out by the 1/4.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
This is such a stupid thread.

Performance wise... this is how it is and end of story:

STI>G35>WRX

Anyone who has lost to a stock WRX pretty much sucks at driving...

Anyone who has lost to an STI pretty much did as much as they could... STI's are much faster than our G's

In the end, I would still take a G35 over an STI and WRX... 23054 times over and over again. Everytime I see an older looking person in an STI , even worse a WRX, I laugh

Old 10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Its not that the wrx stock is slower than G35 stock. Its that you're a better driver.

c'mon guys, lets look at the numbers here and read the freakin post. Its been mention before that the wrx needs to be tuned with the intake and exhaust to get the power out of it. intake doesn't do jack! makes the car runs lean causing it to lose HP. Exhaust helps the power band but not that much!

read the posts please!
Is this a joke?

Seriously, why do people who dont know jack about cars post?

The fact that someone actually stated that the WRX is faster (stock, assuming equal drivers) and that it weighed 1000 pounds less than ours is so hilarious.

Doing some research doesnt hurt...

Old 10-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Is this a joke?

Seriously, why do people who dont know jack about cars post?

The fact that someone actually stated that the WRX is faster (stock, assuming equal drivers) and that it weighed 1000 pounds less than ours is so hilarious.

Doing some research doesnt hurt...

I guess we also have to determain how fast we are racing to??? The WRX is def faster out of the box, but it wont hold up for a 1/4 mile. The G will catch it by the end of the 1/4 mile and anything above thise. The wrx is faster to 60, but then the G just goes blowing past it. If we are racing to 155MPH the G is faster if we are racing to 70MPH the WRX is faster.....

Old 10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Greeknasty
who the hel are u comin in here tellin me im a dumbass...if u didnt like the thread dont reply...i just asked a question stock to stock who would win and u automaticly talk shi.....

its the internet..quit whining
read my post again and then start whining. I didn't call u a dumbb a$$. If u still don't understand i will repeat my original post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wrx vs g35