G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

wrx vs g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
I guess we also have to determain how fast we are racing to??? The WRX is def faster out of the box, but it wont hold up for a 1/4 mile. The G will catch it by the end of the 1/4 mile and anything above thise. The wrx is faster to 60, but then the G just goes blowing past it. If we are racing to 155MPH the G is faster if we are racing to 70MPH the WRX is faster.....
when debating races usually the distance is a 1/4. I believe although racing from a roll is fun and i do it all the time.. its not how u judge a cars performance or your own. What u do is u line up, from a dead stop and race. No complaining hes got awd hes got a turbo this mod that mod..bla bla bla. you win ure faster at that moment u lose u lose.. plain and simple..Now i dont understand where you guys saying a G will run down a wrx and pass it by the end of the 1/4. you may have seen it a couple times, maybe certain circumsances and good vs bad drivers cause this.. but to be totally honest, by the end of the 1/4 it should be nose to nose with a very close edge going to the wrx. if u look at the average G and wrx stock 1/4 time, theyre both right around 14.2. you cant argue #'s and stats.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
read my post again and then start whining. I didn't call u a dumbb a$$. If u still don't understand i will repeat my original post.
lol my bad i just read it wrong.....internet is diff then in real person when u say stuff like tha

Old 10-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
This is such a stupid thread.

STI>G35>WRX

Anyone who has lost to a stock WRX pretty much sucks at driving...

stupid is as stupid does. you are wrong. Have you driven a WRX?? If you lose to a WRX in our coupe, it was prob your best try. A G35 and WRX off the line will be a drivers race, with the WRX having an advantage off the line...

Old 10-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 06BLACKMT
stupid is as stupid does. you are wrong. Have you driven a WRX?? If you lose to a WRX in our coupe, it was prob your best try. A G35 and WRX off the line will be a drivers race, with the WRX having an advantage off the line...
I've driven an Evo9 and STi, but not a WRX.

From a roll, the WRX has NO advantage over the G.

From a dig, it might have an advantage for like the first 2 seconds (due to AWD), but thats it.

I know a couple of people with WRX's, and ive seen them under WOT... im not impressed. Ill make sure to test one out... even though I really shouldnt even bother.

Old 10-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
This thread is stupid... stock for stock the CARS are EQUAL on the 1/4. Its all about driver when you race. Lets end it at that, geeze

Old 10-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
i once raced a WRX and we were dead even. I went home and debadged my car and i raced him again the next time and i won by 1/2 car length...I believe debadging not only cuts weight, inproves aerodynamics..but also makes me a better driver and adds about 10hp...I just want you guys to know, I am very proud of myself...thank you.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Socal_G_sedan
i once raced a WRX and we were dead even. I went home and debadged my car and i raced him again the next time and i won by 1/2 car length...I believe debadging not only cuts weight, inproves aerodynamics..but also makes me a better driver and adds about 10hp...I just want you guys to know, I am very proud of myself...thank you.
You must have a NISMO sticker too, for that kind of HP increase

Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by johnbigbootie
You must have a NISMO sticker too, for that kind of HP increase

I bet your "Powered by Honda" sticker blows his NISMO outta the water...

Old 10-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
no I just have a MUGEN power sticker and a TRD badge...those are mad gains yo! I tried to put a hello kitty sticker but those had 0HP gain so I took it off..

Old 10-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the wrx wont win unless its modded or you dont know how to drive ur own car. as for the sti, theres no point of racin it if ur stock,

Old 10-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Socal_G_sedan
no I just have a MUGEN power sticker and a TRD badge...those are mad gains yo! I tried to put a hello kitty sticker but those had 0HP gain so I took it off..

Hello Kitty sux dude! Pikachu is where it's at!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the STi woudl smoke the G without a doubt in my mind, any decent driver would be able to take a stock g.

wrx should be a drivers race, i think we would def win to 80, but 0-60 is close.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
you guys forget i have a transformers decepticon sticker on mine and i dont care if you have an enzo... ill own it.. if i so happen to lose... ill just transfrom into my secret super villian and blow em up. HAAA!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Ok guys so far this is what has been established.

stock vs stock equal drivers(they're both good and can launch perfect) Power and performance comparo only, not looks, not quality, reliability etc etc.

- 0-60 WRX wins - AWD factor no debate here

- from a roll G35 wins - better power. the WRX has turbo lag etc - no debate here

- 0- 1/4 mile WRX wins DEBATED will the G catch up to the WRX in the end?

someone ask's what's the 60' the answer is yes 1.8 even 1.6 if they're good. A poor launch without bogging down would be around 2 something. C'mon its AWD. What's the 60' of a AWD skyline?? I'm pretty sure its that low.

Now. Who in here have driven and been on the track in a WRX?

I bet 90% of everyone here only seen and race one but never actually own or even tried to launch on the WRX.

its not that easy to drive the WRX. So please don't use your experience of racing AGAINST a WRX to make your comparo. MOST wrx drivers can't drive their cars!!!

You guys who raced them from; please stop assuming your opponent is the best they can drive it.

Also the funny thing is that if you lose to the WRX you guys assume its the G driver who can't drive. Have you ever considered that its the WRX driver who actually knows how to drive it???

So what's the conclusion? In the practical sense of course its driver vs driver. Because the stats is just waaay to close.

But if drivers are equal the WRX wins. The G won't catch up, at least not until after the 1/4 mi mark.

I've seen some post WRX stock posting 14 flat. 14.2 is avg. For the G 14.2 is the lower end of the bell curve.

When you race a wrx from a stop or roll, you would probably win because the G is way easier to drive and there's not very many people who can launch the WRX.

And don't tell me to do my research. Because I've lived it, known it. I had stage 2 when I had my WRX. Raced it plenty of times. it could ran 13.5. That's 3 g worth of mods. Stock turbo, stock intercooler.

Get real the G is a great car I love it. But its not invincible against any >25000 car.

The WRX is still the best bang for the buck! Not just straight but handling also.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Everyone keeps talking about AWD launch yadi yadi yadi !. AWD vehicles are one of the trickest ones to launch. I have been at the dragstrip only seen a modified 911 turbo hit 1.x 60 foot and it was AUTO!. I have seen countless STIs, EVOs, even S4s having the ****ties 60ft times. Give it too much gas ur gonna slip the clutch, give it less gas u are gonna have ****ty launch. So all of u that are saying that Regular WRX will eat the G from dig, plz don't magazine race.
Last time at the dragstrip i raced a STI (in palmdale) side by side. Well i had 2.2 60ft launch he had 2.5 60ft. I had 1.5 cl on him right on the launch, I won the race (keep in mind this was a STI not regular wrx) but he had a faster time.
BTW i raped countless regular WRXs on the street, they are joke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wrx vs g35