G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

wrx vs g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
Everyone keeps talking about AWD launch yadi yadi yadi !. AWD vehicles are one of the trickest ones to launch. I have been at the dragstrip only seen a modified 911 turbo hit 1.x 60 foot and it was AUTO!. I have seen countless STIs, EVOs, even S4s having the ****ties 60ft times. Give it too much gas ur gonna slip the clutch, give it less gas u are gonna have ****ty launch. So all of u that are saying that Regular WRX will eat the G from dig, plz don't magazine race.
Last time at the dragstrip i raced a STI (in palmdale) side by side. Well i had 2.2 60ft launch he had 2.5 60ft. I had 1.5 cl on him right on the launch, I won the race (keep in mind this was a STI not regular wrx) but he had a faster time.
BTW i raped countless regular WRXs on the street, they are joke.
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts so far. Considering all the data of first hand owners saying what their car ran, the actualy stats of the car you base your statement off of an STI that had a rediculously horrible driver and tell other people not to magazine race. One of my best car buddies owned a wrx and it was a drivers race with him every time w/ my 96 cobra that ran 14.1@102 stock. He knew how to launch cutting 1.8-1.9 everytime.. its much easier to launch then u think. my car before the Cobra was a DSM 98 AWD turbo eclipse.. a bad launch with that car was a 2.0. its really not hard to rev the car to 5k rpms and slip the clutch. So no need for ignorant posts saying everyone else is wrong. Sorry to say but our G's are not the best cars in the world.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NaztyG
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts so far. Considering all the data of first hand owners saying what their car ran, the actualy stats of the car you base your statement off of an STI that had a rediculously horrible driver and tell other people not to magazine race. One of my best car buddies owned a wrx and it was a drivers race with him every time w/ my 96 cobra that ran 14.1@102 stock. He knew how to launch cutting 1.8-1.9 everytime.. its much easier to launch then u think. my car before the Cobra was a DSM 98 AWD turbo eclipse.. a bad launch with that car was a 2.0. its really not hard to rev the car to 5k rpms and slip the clutch. So no need for ignorant posts saying everyone else is wrong. Sorry to say but our G's are not the best cars in the world.
First of all i didn't say we have one of the best cars in the world, so don't put words in my post. Second there is no way it was a drivers race between a car that traps over 100mph. It might be a drivers race till 40 mph or so but after that G or the cobra should eat the regular WRX alive.
I would really like to know what part of my post is ignorant. And if u are going to keep saying that regular WRX is as fast or faster than the G35, u are not going to prove anything to me just by typing on this board. I have ran with too many cars to believe what u are saying.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:49 AM
First of all i didn't say we have one of the best cars in the world, so don't put words in my post. Second there is no way it was a drivers race between a car that traps over 100mph. It might be a drivers race till 40 mph or so but after that G or the cobra should eat the regular WRX alive.
I would really like to know what part of my post is ignorant. And if u are going to keep saying that regular WRX is as fast or faster than the G35, u are not going to prove anything to me just by typing on this board. I have ran with too many cars to believe what u are saying.
hey bro im not tryin to fight with u.. u just gotta see a view other then your own u know. granted ure prob a very good driver and have gotten the better of every wrx uve come across.. honestly so have i.. but i cant just assume thats that and our cars are faster. Now you saying its a drivers race till 40mph???? im sorry but theres no way its a drivers race being the wrx is AWD and can cut sub 2.0 60fts easily.if u ever beat a wrx off the line track or street, plain and simple the other driver is horrible.we're def way faster the second half of the 1/4 catching up rather quick. but its not just me here who is saying the wrx has the edge..ASSUMING EQUAL DRIVERS..now that doesnt mean YOU driving both cars cause you most likely can drive your G better then u can drive a wrx.. I mean driving the car to its potential in a perfect driven race.. i do believe the wrx has the edge just by the average stock wrx time being 14.2 and the G being closer to 14.3-4.. no need to get all fired man just tryin to explain.. so stubborn GOSH lol

Last edited by NaztyG; 10-28-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:50 AM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
ok time to do an experiment..

Old 10-28-2006, 04:56 AM
I didn't get ur post, maybe its just me and its late at night but this is what i understand. u say the second half of the 1/4 mile the G catches up rather quick right? And then u say given equal drivers both in G and the WRX the WRX has the edge?
Can u elaborate?

Old 10-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by StealthShinobi
ok time to do an experiment..
Im curious!!

Old 10-28-2006, 04:58 AM

I wish i could do this.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:06 AM
I didn't get ur post, maybe its just me and its late at night but this is what i understand. u say the second half of the 1/4 mile the G catches up rather quick right? And then u say given equal drivers both in G and the WRX the WRX has the edge?
Can u elaborate?
Lol through all these posts u dont get it.. haha j/k
anyways what im saying is off the line the WRX destroys the G.. simply because its awd and just takes off.. cutting really low 60ft times. but then after that the awd drags on the vehicles hp because it has to disperse to all 4 wheels instead of the rear 2 of the G.. So after the start and the G is accelerating.. it will continually gain ground and go faster then the wrx... the only reason why i say the wrx has the edge is because its already ahead because of the launch.. has decent hp and already at full boost while launching.. So like i said.. 1/8 mile.. wrx wins easily.. 1/4 mile the G will be coming on fast by about 5mph faster at the end.. all depends on the driver of each vehicle who shifts better/quicker.. and who out of the 2 cars had a better launch for their vehicle.. now say they cut the same 60ft time.. the G destroys the wrx.. if a wrx cuts anything higher then a 1.99 60ft there should be no reason the G shouldnt hand him its ***.. but with good 60ft times for each vehicle say.. 1.9 for the wrx and 2.1 for the G.. both good times for stock cars, it will be a damn close photo finish with perfect shifting both sides the wrx should be at about 95 mph and the G around 99mph. and stats show that the average 1/4 mile time of a stock wrx is around 14.2 and the G u know to be a little higher seeing how traction is more of an issue to us, which is why i give the wrx the edge

Old 10-28-2006, 05:10 AM
^I see what u are saying, on my original post the reason i said that awd vehicles are harder to launch was because thats what i simply witnessed at the drags and on the street also. I personally never owned a awd car and probably never will, just stating what i have seen in the past.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:21 AM
^I see what u are saying, on my original post the reason i said that awd vehicles are harder to launch was because thats what i simply witnessed at the drags and on the street also. I personally never owned a awd car and probably never will, just stating what i have seen in the past.
well from my experience having both awd and rwd.. i found it easier to launch awd then rwd.. but thats just me.. id rather rev up to 5500rpm, and just slip the clutch real fast and take off.. but i guess its whatever your comfortable with.. once i get used ot my G at the track i may change my mind u know

Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 PM
alright!!! Finally!!! we've come to an agreement.

Magazine race 1/4 the WRX wins.

Don't worry guys, most of the time we(as in G drivers) will whoop WRX. simply because we're better drivers in a G. =)

Old 10-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
too much argument to determine my answer

so can someone answer it??..lol what have we concluded?

STOCK VS STOCK

Old 10-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by DaVince
alright!!! Finally!!! we've come to an agreement.

Magazine race 1/4 the WRX wins.

Don't worry guys, most of the time we(as in G drivers) will whoop WRX. simply because we're better drivers in a G. =)
Wow... you just dont quit backing up your WRX huh

Any stock WRX owner is open to an invatation of G35 whoopin' from me....

Old 10-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Just trying to give an answer

Of all the cars I've owned. The G is the best, the WRX the most fun and the X5 the most balla(doesn't really suit me).

Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Greeknasty
....someone told me a stock regular wrx with 224 HP would beat a 04 coupe....

is it true???..i didnt beleive him but thats hwy im askin here...

depends on the driver, it could go either way. Actually that's usually always the case if the cars are comparable.

if you take out the driver factor the wrx wins from the stop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wrx vs g35