G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Kenstyle rear replica?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Kenstyle rear replica?

So I got hit in my school parking lot and the guy didn't leave me a note. Entire right side of rear bumper is messed up. I figure I might as well make the best of a situation by going aftermarket.

I'm gonna be paying a $500 deductible for insurance, and I've yet to see what the adjuster gives me, but I'm looking at getting a Kenstyle replica rear as a replacement.

I've done a search and so far the general concensus is that the fitment sucks. Any other opinions?

Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well it does suck but you would have to modify a little bit it took me about four days to make that sucka look good did it myself

Old 10-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tragedycat
So I got hit in my school parking lot and the guy didn't leave me a note. Entire right side of rear bumper is messed up. I figure I might as well make the best of a situation by going aftermarket.

I'm gonna be paying a $500 deductible for insurance, and I've yet to see what the adjuster gives me, but I'm looking at getting a Kenstyle replica rear as a replacement.

I've done a search and so far the general concensus is that the fitment sucks. Any other opinions?

Kenstyle rear in fiberglass =) Fitment is 100% all you need to do is (sand [prep], primer, let it set, paint)...

I can do kenstyle rear like the one in the pix (my personal car) with the carbon fiber center or just a regular bumper =)

- Eric

Old 10-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
^^bump for a good guy/seller. ill be getting my skirts from him

Old 10-28-2006, 01:54 AM
you got pm Klumzyee =)

Old 10-28-2006, 02:21 PM
+1 for Klumzyee, good seller and good kits!

Old 10-28-2006, 05:48 PM
So anybody else have any experience the Import Trenz kenstyle fiberglass rear? Fitment issues etc.? I think it's fair to say not to orber the Vfiber KS replica...

Also, how much does a good paint and install cost for this bumper? My deductible is $500 and if i can get the whole KS bumper done up for not too much more than that then I'm just gonna forego insurance all together...

Last edited by tragedycat; 10-28-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:44 PM
So anybody else have any experience the Import Trenz kenstyle fiberglass rear? Fitment issues etc.? I think it's fair to say not to orber the Vfiber KS replica...

Also, how much does a good paint and install cost for this bumper? My deductible is $500 and if i can get the whole KS bumper done up for not too much more than that then I'm just gonna forego insurance all together...

If its just your rear bumper id do the replica, because to my knowledge you just cant buy peices of the authentic Kit... Mine cost me around $3000 and people that know what the hell their talking about really give me alot of props for having the real deal, on the replica your going to have lower quality and alot more work involed to make it look right, but eventually its going to start cracking
you need to buy this guys rear authentic kenstyle rear bumper
go to this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=kenstyle
you cant pass up this chance in your position... like i said you cant buy peices... Peace!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by OkinawianKid
alot more work involed to make it look right, but eventually its going to start cracking
I don't think replicas are that bad, a lot of my friends have them on their cars and they've had good experiences. The main issue that I want to avoid is fitment, which is what I'm asking about with this Auto Trenz KS rep.

I think a lot of people that talk **** about replicas are the ones that spent the money buying authentic. I mean, I know I'd be pissed if I spent $3000 on a kit and then some guy bought a replica that looks 90% the same and paid a third of that. But then again...kinda comes with the territory. I'm happy to see that you're fully enjoying your real KS though, I wish I had that kind of expendable money right now.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Never enough
Knock offs are junk, most of the time. Yes I have the real deal but I paint so I see the shiet all day long, thats why I went real. Good luck with whatever you do.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I don't think replicas are that bad, a lot of my friends have them on their cars and they've had good experiences. The main issue that I want to avoid is fitment, which is what I'm asking about with this Auto Trenz KS rep.

I think a lot of people that talk **** about replicas are the ones that spent the money buying authentic. I mean, I know I'd be pissed if I spent $3000 on a kit and then some guy bought a replica that looks 90% the same and paid a third of that. But then again...kinda comes with the territory. I'm happy to see that you're fully enjoying your real KS though, I wish I had that kind of expendable money right now.
I Just want to start off saying that I wasnt talkin $hit, I was just saying that there are alot of problems with fitment and other things that Normally go wrong all the time on the knock offs... Im happy for anyone who mods their car... whether it cost $100 or $10000...

Old 10-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fitment on these rears are top.. the kenstyle rear bumper is one of our best selling products and if theres any reason you're not satisfied with it I'll refund you fully and cover the return shipping or send you a replacement as well as cover the return shipping.

The material is fiberglass and preping, primer, etc.. will all be necessary. Paint usually run guys $300-$600 depending on where they go and if they've done business with the shop in the past. Carbon is handlayed in house (real carbonfiber not vinyl) and we can pretty much put it anywhere you want..

IMO if you post up in your regional section someone will give you a good recommendation. Only issue we have was people painting the bumper out of the box with out prep.. =\ but even then fitment was not a problem.

I have this kit on my personal car (both 05 G35 and 06 G35) =). Although I'm a vendor for replica kits I still have my respect for the authentic. Truth to be told you get what you paid for. There is a reason why Kenstyle, TS, and other JDM kits are so expensive. BUT a replica kit can look just like the authentic with half the price as well... What ruins the reputation of replica kits are guys that half assly make a kit. G352NV should know what I'm talking about (btw ur fenders are HOT)..

edit: btw I think kenstyle just released a new policy that they will part out their kits (PM the bulletproof guys for more info)

Old 10-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by OkinawianKid
If its just your rear bumper id do the replica, because to my knowledge you just cant buy peices of the authentic Kit... Mine cost me around $3000 and people that know what the hell their talking about really give me alot of props for having the real deal, on the replica your going to have lower quality and alot more work involed to make it look right, but eventually its going to start cracking
go to this thread https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...light=kenstyle
you cant pass up this chance in your position... like i said you cant buy peices... Peace!

you can buy separate pieces of the kenstyle kit now...i think through bulletproof automotive

Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
^^yep. but its hella expensive...

do you have $1020 to spend on a rear, not including prep and paint? lol i sure dont

i wish tho..