G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

*sigh* well I got my first ticket ever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*sigh* well I got my first ticket ever

I have never been pulled over at all since I have been driving, and I happened to get pulled over last night while getting in an arguement with my boyfriend. I was going south on 130 in Jersey, about 60 mph, the speed limit is 50mph. The cop was sitting off of the highway, and I was engrossed in conversation really not paying attention to my speed. Usually I would have seen him and slowed down but I was caught off gaurd.

He pulled me over and asked me all these questions "where were you coming from?", I told him i was coming from my parents house, "where are you going?", to my apartment. He was like "where was that?!" I told him, he then said why does your DL not say that, and I stated because it is a temporary address. yada yada yada. Do cops usually interrogate you like that when you get pulled over?! He was just being a ********.

I get no warning or anything he writes me up for going 63 in a 50 mph zone.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, cops do normally ask those questions. Especially if they happen to pull drivers over late at night or if they're doing the racial profiling thing. But anyway, it's pretty messed up that he didn't just give you a warning for your first pull-over. Probably just trying to meet his quota. I normally try not to go faster than 9 or 10 mph over the limit.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes and Yes

Old 10-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by superb16
Yes, cops do normally ask those questions. Especially if they happen to pull drivers over late at night or if they're doing the racial profiling thing. But anyway, it's pretty messed up that he didn't just give you a warning for your first pull-over. Probably just trying to meet his quota. I normally try not to go faster than 9 or 10 mph over the limit.
I see, it was only 10pm. I thought possibly racial profiling but I dont like jumping to conclusions.

would this raise my insurance?

Old 10-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YES and NO

yes thats normal for them to interrogate if they feel like it. Well thats jersey cops for you. NO its not profiling he's just being an A$$hole, which im sure is standard procedure in some cases. Guess its a long night for him and he was bored. Im sure sitting there all night can be down right frustrating and he was waiting for anyone to make him less bored. In your case he caught you. Whether or not he was an A$$ just take the ticket to court and get a lawyer to argue it to nothing or maybe probation. Don't know how the system works up there for you, but chances of you getting it reduced to something else should be pretty good.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Please thats nothing.

One time i had a cop ask me for Social Security, Credit Card apart from my Driver License in North Jersey.

It really irked me.
so I feel where you coming from.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by castertroy101
YES and NO

yes thats normal for them to interrogate if they feel like it. Well thats jersey cops for you. NO its not profiling he's just being an A$$hole, which im sure is standard procedure in some cases. Guess its a long night for him and he was bored. Im sure sitting there all night can be down right frustrating and he was waiting for anyone to make him less bored. In your case he caught you. Whether or not he was an A$$ just take the ticket to court and get a lawyer to argue it to nothing or maybe probation. Don't know how the system works up there for you, but chances of you getting it reduced to something else should be pretty good.
thanks troy...

I am going to do that I have to reschedule my court date because I will be out of the country when he scheduled court. But I am definately going to get a lawyer to try and get it expunged and no points on my license, thats just money i wish i didnt have to pay

Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by castertroy101
YES and NO

For the record, I didn't say that this was definite racial profiling. But not every cop asks those questions, so it could have been, but I doubt it. And even ErinFaulk was suspicious of it. I personally think the cop was just doing his job. I still think he should have given her a warning though.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the record, I didn't say that this was definite racial profiling. But not every cop asks those questions, so it could have been, but I doubt it. And even ErinFaulk was suspicious of it. I personally think the cop was just doing his job. I still think he should have given her a warning though.

i wasn't pointing it like meant it. just responding with my views. I agree she should have got a warning. Even on my first ticket i didn't get a warning. Oh well, you do the crime you do the time.

oh and by the way im black, and ive been pulled over by all black cops and they all have written me a ticket. Guess theres no love in the colored community hahaha ..j/k

Old 10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
What town was this in? You have to be careful on 130 because there are so many bored, small-town cops trying to get a piece of you.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Well im mixed black and spanish the cop was white but I never jump to conclusions, because its just not my nature. He was not very nice and was being very condescending and somewhat patronizing. He did ask me other stuff that I felt was very unnecessary, but i never have been pulled over so I did not know if it was standard protocall or not.

I was coming from the burlington -bristol bridge heading towards riverside area. He stopped me in burlington on 130 S. From now on I will do what my boyfriend does and drive down 95 to the Tacony Bridge and cross over.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by ErinFaulk
He was not very nice and was being very condescending and somewhat patronizing.
I think that's in they're job description.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by ErinFaulk
Well im mixed black and spanish the cop was white but I never jump to conclusions, because its just not my nature. He was not very nice and was being very condescending and somewhat patronizing. He did ask me other stuff that I felt was very unnecessary, but i never have been pulled over so I did not know if it was standard protocall or not.

I was coming from the burlington -bristol bridge heading towards riverside area. He stopped me in burlington on 130 S. From now on I will do what my boyfriend does and drive down 95 to the Tacony Bridge and cross over.
Sounds like you got tagged by Cinnaminson cop?

Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
A lawyer may be an unnecessary expense. If it's your first moving violation, just plead stupidity and ask for leniency. Explain that it's not the money you're concerned about, but the points and potential insurance problems. Most District Magistrates will reduce a ticket to a non-points violation if you ask nicely. Also, there's a chance the officer won't appear for the trial. In PA if the cop doesn't show, the ticket is automatically thrown out. Good luck!

Old 10-30-2006, 02:58 PM
In Texas, you can do driver safety training and get the ticket dismissed if you were going less than 15 MPH over the limit... You were.

Doesn't Jersey ahve something similar?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *sigh* well I got my first ticket ever