G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What a night...my G = STOLEN.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2006 | 01:49 PM
|
What a night...my G = STOLEN.

I don't even know how i'm managing the patience to type this right now but i feel gotta vent in some form or another.

Me and a buddy of mine went out last night to South Street in Philly doing a little bar hopping, having a good time. The night is going great. We get our usual cheesesteaks at the end of the night to conclude our drinking. We stumble back to where we thought my car would be at around 3:30 a.m. and my G is GONE. So i do the usual pacing the block to see if maybe i'm in the wrong area but sure enough my car is nowhere to be found.

For those familar with the South Street area, i parked my car on Front street and Pemberton which is where i usually always my car cause i thought it was a relatively safe area and i wouldn't have any issues with my car but apprently not.

I call to see if maybe and hopefully it was towed and it was not. The wonderful hard working Philly police did not do a damn thing for me and did not file a report being that i didn't know any of my tag and registration numbers, which is ridiculous because all that info is in my car so i dont know how they would expect me to know that off hand, i have a feeling the cop just didn't feel like doing the paperwork for me. So now i'm attemping to place a police report over the phone but now there system is down til 7 PM tonite which is some bull**** in my eyes.

Fortunate enough for me there was no valuable items in the cars at all except my cd book, i had luckily taken out all my textbooks and i let my mother borrow my Valentine radar detector. On the flipside, i did however have all brand new tires put on just last week so i'm obviously beat on those.

I seriously never expected my car to be stolen over in that area of all places and to make matters even worse there was another G Coupe parked about 5 blocks up.

My G was an 03 Diamond Graphite with about 53k miles on the clock. Which really sucks is the fact that i'll probably get very little from my insurance company so i probably won't even be able to buy another G so it looks like i'll be downgrading in my next car unfortunately. I imagine my car is in pieces right now so i'm not hopeful whatsoever for it being recovered and honestly i don't even want it if possible knowing some filth bag intruded and robbed my car.

Sorry for the long rant...i'm just furious right.

Last edited by Hipster13; 11-05-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2006 | 01:52 PM
That sucks bro. Really sorry to hear

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:01 PM
damn... sorry to hear that, hope everything works out well. maybe ill get lo-jack on my car...

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:01 PM
Im really sorry to hear that. How exactly would they have stolen it? Did ou leave the keys in the center console or something?

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:09 PM
|
It's really beyond me as to how it was stolen. Didn't leave the keys in the car and it was definitely locked but who knows, these scumbag theives are professionals nowadays.

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:14 PM
i thought our cars came with some vehicle immobilizer so they couldn't start the car without the appropriate code thats in the keys. Maybe it doesn't come in the 2003??

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:15 PM
Banned
d@mn, sorry to hear that. You should post some pictures across the forums of your car so if the SOB tries to depart on one of them you'd be able to F him up

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:20 PM
Probably used a flatbed. Takes less than a minute to do it. I never drive my car into Philly if I know I have to park it on the street. You may be surpised what your insurance company gives you for the car. Luckily our cars retain their value pretty well. The question is, were you making payments or is the car paid for? If you are still making payments, do you have gap insurance?

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:23 PM
sorry to hear that...no lojack?!

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Callaway
Probably used a flatbed. Takes less than a minute to do it. I never drive my car into Philly if I know I have to park it on the street. You may be surpised what your insurance company gives you for the car. Luckily our cars retain their value pretty well. The question is, were you making payments or is the car paid for? If you are still making payments, do you have gap insurance?
damn sorry to hear that man...yea they probably used a flatbed...this happened around my house about 2 years ago...a lexus sc430 and a fixed up is300 were

stolen like that...hope everything works out okay

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:40 PM
|
Car is paid off completely so i'm not making any payments on it.

No, didn't have lojack on my car. And Metlife is my insurance company.

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:50 PM
Hey there is still a chance. My friends car got towed on a Saturday too. We thought it got stolen too but just so happens that the offices of the PPA are not open during the weekends so cars towed on the weekends aren't put into their system until the following Monday morning.

But the cops not trying to help is bullsh*t. If they need vehicle information, call your original selling dealer, they should have all that info on file, VIN# and License plate#. I hope it all turns out that it was just towed, I mean it was South Street and cops are always down there. It would be hard to steal a car on such a active street as that. Unless you were in one of those parking lots on Front Street. Hope it turns out for the best man. I'll keep an eye open for any DG coupes in my area. Not that many here, only white and silver.

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:52 PM
Sorry to hear that man.!!

Old 11-05-2006 | 02:53 PM
sorry to hear man, that is soo effed up & south street is such a nice area, me & my wife bar hop there time to time, I wouldnt mind leaving my G down there ..not anymore will use the parking garage from now on or just drive her car, ...hope u get it back intact

Old 11-05-2006 | 03:11 PM
Never enough
sorry to hear it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What a night...my G = STOLEN.