G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Almost got rear ended by a truck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost got rear ended by a truck

I must say today was the wrong day to be driving my G35 Coupe.

I woke up this morning and spent a good 3hrs washing and detailing the interior and exterior of my car. Had the car in absolute prestige condition, I proceeded to drive a 45 minute commute to my work office to put in some extra hours. Was also planning to meet up with some friends for dinner later on that evening.

Then, my horror begins... about 30 minutes into my drive, an older model Toyota 4 Runner was to my right lane. Knowing that there was construction in the area, I made a lane change on my left, to avoid any potential rocks being thrown onto the car. But as soon as I made the lane change, crack!!!! A quarter inch crack appears on the bottom right side of my windshield. Pist off.. I immediately called a few windshield repair shops as soon as I got to work.

Immediately after dinner with some friends, I proceeded to head home. All was fine and dandy until a road block appeared just a few miles from my final destination. While waiting to be checked, a small opening appeared on my right lane, so I proceeded to cut into the shopping plaza to avoid the long line. I was then forced to make a U-Turn at the light. As the light turned green for the opposing side of the traffic, I watch a crazy *** driver in my rear view mirror swirving left and right on full throttle in his Toyota long bed truck (imagine someone going through a slalom) I checked my traffic on my opposing end to see if I could run the red, but I was stuck at the light... looked back up, and the truck drew in closer. At no other option, I braced for impact... and prayed to god that my 1 month old G35 would be unharmed... I watched in total shock at the passenger side mirror!!!!

The crazed driver sped by me at full speed to the right of my lane... missing my G by about a foot!!! Pist off, frustrated, and scared "sh#tless" I drove home...

It's been a good half hour since I've been home, and I'm still shaking at the thought of the truck hitting me at over 40 MPH. I'm really going to avoid driving the G on Friday and Saturday nights from now on... too many jackasses on the road these days. The first time in my life, I reward myself with a 40K car... and one mistake from a complete jackass could take that away from me... Man am I still pist!!!

Just thought I would vent to my fellow G owners =(

Old 11-02-2003, 04:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Almost got rear ended by a truck

Kaneda, I agree with you, there are alot of crazy *** drivers out there. I actually was going to post what happen to me this morning but I guess I'll just tell you what happen to me. It was kind of like the same situation you were in. I'm in a two lane street and I'm on the right lane behind me is this brand new GMC Envoy. First of all he tail gated me for two blocks already. Then when the light turn green he all of a sudden swirve hard right into a really narrow right parking lane, really not fit for a SUV, so now he is right next to me on my right and we are both going at the same speed because the car in front of me is going quite slow. So now I'm freaking out because the SUV was so close to my baby, " I could of swore that he was only inches from my G. I started to honk my horn and he honk at me back and then he flip me off. What's worse is at the intersection of the turn, guess what he did ? You guess it right, he does that little merge into your lane so that you would have to come to a stop while he make a wide right turn. I was so so pissed. He would of only have to wait for about 2-3 seconds to make a clear and safe right turn but in turns drives right next to me just to make a dangerous right turn while almost having both of our cars collide.

" It is kind of like having an accident in the middle of the desert. It is just not possible but then there are always those careless and stupid drivers out there in our world, only if they used their brain for a second an accident could of been avoided".

Anyways, I feel for you. I always try to be really really careful but there are just way too many careless drivers out there that basically have nothing to lose so they really don't care.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Peace, and hopefully happy motoring in the awesome G-coupe