G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Perfectly happy with their G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c
Happiness is driving my G coupe and I'll continue
to mod it until it handles as well as my 300ZXT did.
So, I guess I'll have it for a while longer...springs,
shocks, brakes and who knows what else.

I own a '91 300ZX as well as a '04 Coupe 6MT. I don't think the Coupe will handle as well as a 300ZX no matter what you do. The G's wheelbase is so long, which makes for a nice ride, but it will never be as tossable as a 300ZX. I'm glad I have both cars- the Z has 186,000 miles on it and the engine seems absolutely bulletproof- it's my daily driver to the office.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 6MT w/ about 4,500 miles

With my moderate mods (in sig), both performance and cosmetic, I'm happy with performance and really happy with the looks.

I'm not happy with the 6MT/clutch. I'm not happy with the oil consumption, even with my low amount. Not happy with the rattles. Not happy with the tire roar from the OEM 19's, but it's acceptable enough for the sport suspension and RevUp motor. Hate the seat-control location on the seats.

Looking at possibly trading on the new '08 coupe. The VQ35HR looks to be a better long-term candidate for mods, NA or FI. I'm an MT guy but would opt for the paddle-shifted AT if the 6MT isn't improved enough. But I don't know that I'd go with the AT if the 6MT gets something exclusive, such as the RevUp on the current models.

So it comes down to better seats, a better engine and the hope for a better 6MT... ...or move to paddle-AT. Together, these are significant enough improvements that I'm already awaiting the '08 and have halted work on my '05. Clutch/flywheel/bearings/line and brake pads/lines are the only items planned, as I have them already.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DocJohn
I've only had my G35 for a few months now but I've very happy with it so far. I was also looking at BMW M3's, but I got a sweet deal on my '04 G35.
Same exact situation as you bro! So far I am happy with my decision. Except for a couple annoying issues, this is the best car I've owned.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Lip
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I'm happy with this car. I still feel the coupe is one of the best looking Japanese cars ever. I like the car from pretty much every angle. I bought the car after driving the 07 Sedan and after driving the 335i coupe.
The 335i is a superior car. The steering is better, the power is better, the suspension is better. Price wasn't really an issue, though at $50k+ realistically for the 3-series, that was a bit up there.
I like the raw nature of the G. It's a controllable car, albeit short on steering feel. (19-inch wheels might be part of the problem) The G puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it or look at it. I love the Stillen exhaust I just had installed too. I'm very happy with my purchase. I could see driving this car for the next several years.

Sure, the current car could do alot of things better. I'm sure the next iteration will. I'm usually a nitpicker and there are many pieces that could be improved.

That said, I like the car pretty much as is. I could see adding some springs and dampers and that's about it. It's a great daily driver with enough performance to make the drive to work a bit of a joy. It's like a refined Mustang. And I like that. The car doesn't shout out at you with it's badge.
If I wanted a more focused car, I would have done it.
If you are want to go bling, I say buy an Escalade. If you want to compare time slips, go get a Z06 and a Vortech and be done with it.
I just think the G fits the bill when you consider what you really need.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I absolutely adore my '04 G35. The Brembos and exhaust note really make it feel like something special, and it's stellar looking.

I do wish it was a little faster and louder though... but I plan to get the HKS true dual exhaust once I put the car back on the road in Spring... so at least one of those issues will be solved.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
I have a 04 Coupe 6MT and this is the first rear wheel drive car that I have ever owned. I fell in love with turbo AWD vehicles and that is all i ever drove.
But I have to say that the Gs are a thrill to drive. I love the look and the feel of the naturally aspired engine.

I dont think Im going to switch cars for a while.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by tragedycat
I see so many people nowadays on these boards parting out their G's, jumping ship to BMW's, or selling to await the new body G's. But is anyone out there like me, perfectly happy with their 03-06 G35? I don't really care that the new body is coming out (apart from just being excited that it's a new G35), I look forward to modding the hell out of my first gen G35 and having fun with it, and even hope that when the new 08's come out that some aftermarket components for our car might get cheaper to get!

I dunno about you guys but I'm planning on driving my G well into 09 or so before getting another car. These engines are built tough and I think a tastefully modded G35 is just a beautiful thing to behold, new body or not!
I leased a 6MT 06 coupe with sport package and premium package about 3 weeks ago.
i am completely unsatisfied and unhappy with my G. I started with transmission problems and horrible service from the dealer and infiniti from the first 6 miles. first hour of owning the car. My lease is a one year lease. if this problem does not get resolved by next week or if i have further problems i will never look at an infiniti anymore. Im definintely switching to bmw 335i next or the IS350. I am also disappointed with the gas mileage, which is not that big of a deal.