G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Just got a ticket, a GOOD one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea Man It Comes When U Least Expect It..ive Gotten 2 ...65 In A 45 (3pts Plus Fine)..and The Latest One 80 In A 40 (5 Pts Plus Fine) ..8pts In Total..not Pretty..but I Sure Am A Lil More Aware Of The Speed Im Doing

Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZXERT
I got tagged. I must give props to the cop, those were some Batman like moves.

I was coming back from seeing Borat(funniest movie this year) and if any of you know the area its south of Chico, CA on 99. I had it in 6th, there were no cars on the road, I was doing about 75. Me and my cousin were laughing are asses off about the movie when I see an oncoming car duck out on the shoulder. I look down at my speed, 85! I hit the breaks, but it was too late. Then I said "Speedin' on the freeway, thats a ticket". Right as I pass him he kicks on his lights and takes me down. 85 in a 65, $200 and eligable for traffic school.

Its easy to get a ticket in this car guys. Set cruise control if you must. Had I been going just a few miles an hour faster, reckless driving.

A side note: All you people in CA. Its kind of important to treat officers with kid gloves, especially at night. Most if not all nighttime CHP units are two officers because of the recent killings of officers, they are on edge. So I pulled out my keys, set them on the dash and told him what I was reaching for before I went for it. I could tell he really appreciated it. I'm sure he could tell I knew there was no way of getting out of the ticket. He chatted with me about borat for a little bit, atleast he didn't give me a speach.

P.S. I've been driving 80+ mph every day for the last 5 years, so if you ask me, its worth it. I think 5 years is a pretty good run.
dont u just hate it when cops try and chat with u? i was pulled over doing my cross country drive in north dakota and this cop had me sit shotgun in his car, and while he was writing the ticket, we ended up talking about NORTH KOREA!! wtf give me the damn ticket im in no mood to laugh at ur jokes!!

but yea, our cars are police magnets. i was just keeping up with traffic and i was pulled over for speeding. maybe because i didn't see a single g through the whole state, or just a couple in my entire trip, but it makes me wonder if i was pulled over because the car stood out. i was pulled over again on that same day in minnesota when a truck had just passed me on the left. WTF. i guess u gotta put up with this for driving the g, huh?

Old 11-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ im with him, i hate when cops chat with me... its like if u wanna play the nice guy dont give me the damn ticket!!!

oh well, sorry to hear, i usually drive 80-85 and no tickets so far (>_<)x
i live in so-cal though... even worse if u ask me

Old 11-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
uGHHH ive been pulled over 6 times in the past couple months i hate it! ive been pulled for my tint, speeding, speeding, illegal bs u-turn, tint, speeding, and uhh speeding again lol officers have been pretty leanient with me (especially yesterday for the illegal u on a red only got a seatbelt ticket) and i have recieved a LOT of warnings in the past! no car searches yet thank god my cousins fiance is a lawyer i am kind of a speeder and do terrorize the highways at night so like the officer said yesterday after i told him my whole clerk of courts payment plan ordeal maybe i needa start changing my driving habits!

i forgot to mention the 120mph cop fly by i did on the turnpike....i took the energizer bunnies advice

Last edited by chobble19; 11-18-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:41 PM
in the past three months i've gotten a tint ticket, no front plate, stopped over for some god knows what reason (cause i don't know- he gave me a lecture about driving around at night,beats me what he was trying to babble out, probably needed someone to talk to or maybe though i was drinking), another time for parking in front of a friend's house for more than 10 minute while sitting in the car.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Had I been going just a few miles an hour faster, reckless driving.
not... really. the next worse thing that would've happened to you would have been if you were going 100... it automatically bumps you up to a 2-point infraction, but it's still an infraction, not a misdemeanor. it's just a more expensive fine and a bigger insurance increase, but you don't really get into reckless driving territory without having other concurrent violations (weaving, driving like an ***, etc.)

speeding in CA is usually cited as just that... speeding. it's only when the speeding puts lives imminently at risk (i.e. 75 in a residential) that speeding alone will get you a reckless vio.

Old 11-19-2006, 04:38 AM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
Originally Posted by Black0nBlack
Yea Man It Comes When U Least Expect It..ive Gotten 2 ...65 In A 45 (3pts Plus Fine)..and The Latest One 80 In A 40 (5 Pts Plus Fine) ..8pts In Total..not Pretty..but I Sure Am A Lil More Aware Of The Speed Im Doing

Ya....thats why i always look in my rearview mirror and expect it all the time....

Old 11-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I got tagged. I must give props to the cop, those were some Batman like moves.

I was coming back from seeing Borat(funniest movie this year) and if any of you know the area its south of Chico, CA on 99. I had it in 6th, there were no cars on the road, I was doing about 75. Me and my cousin were laughing are asses off about the movie when I see an oncoming car duck out on the shoulder. I look down at my speed, 85! I hit the breaks, but it was too late. Then I said "Speedin' on the freeway, thats a ticket". Right as I pass him he kicks on his lights and takes me down. 85 in a 65, $200 and eligable for traffic school.

Its easy to get a ticket in this car guys. Set cruise control if you must. Had I been going just a few miles an hour faster, reckless driving.

A side note: All you people in CA. Its kind of important to treat officers with kid gloves, especially at night. Most if not all nighttime CHP units are two officers because of the recent killings of officers, they are on edge. So I pulled out my keys, set them on the dash and told him what I was reaching for before I went for it. I could tell he really appreciated it. I'm sure he could tell I knew there was no way of getting out of the ticket. He chatted with me about borat for a little bit, atleast he didn't give me a speach.

P.S. I've been driving 80+ mph every day for the last 5 years, so if you ask me, its worth it. I think 5 years is a pretty good run.
Let me cogratulate you since you are taking it like a man. 99% of the guys who post speeding threads either bad mouth the cops or ask how they can slide out of the ticket.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:34 PM
They also chat with you and write it down in their notebooks so that they can remember the incident in the court room.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fix it tickets are lame though...

So a few weeks ago, I'm taking my daughter to school, my 7 year old. Waiting in the drop off line in the car, cruising my whole 2MPH for 10 minutes of stop and go. A cruiser drives around and checks the situation out...they do this all the time to make sure parents are not letting kids cross the street on their own, etc.

So - my daughter gets out of the car and goes through the gate and bingo - there's the cops with his lights on, for me.

So he pulls me over and asks me if there is a lawfull reason for having my drivers and passengers windows tinted. Ummm...no, duh...so he starts writing the ticket...a BS one at that right in front of my daughter at school nonetheless.

Then as he writes it, his partner comes over and tells me his buddy just got a G and wanted to know about my drop, and tires, and what else because his friend wants to do some work to his car too. I just looked at him and told him if he wanted to find out about mods for these cars, he should refer to countless INTERNET threads and vendors, and the next time he wants to know about stuff like this, don't give me a ticket - just ask!

I've been pulled over by cops at least 1-2 times a months - not for BS tickets, but for info because they have a G and like what I've done. they don't use their lights or anything, they just pull next to me and say they just got an 03, or 06 or whatever...and want to see the car...so we pull over into a parking lot and chat for a 1/2 hour....those are cool guys though.

I hate the A$$'s that think they'll stumble across something by chance...just a waste of our tax dollars!!

Rick

Old 01-25-2007, 03:09 PM
lucky me

Well, I guess I'm the lucky one. I'm in SoCal and I've definately pulled up behind cops on the freeway doing 90+. Never gotten a ticket or pulled over (yet (knock on wood)) since being here. I did get an impeeding (sp) traffic ticket because I merged after the solid white line started. But cops usually just leave me alone.

Originally Posted by FAST1
Let me cogratulate you since you are taking it like a man. 99% of the guys who post speeding threads either bad mouth the cops or ask how they can slide out of the ticket.
+1 I agree completely! I hate it when people badmouth cops for doing their job. I know I will get a ticket someday, and I still speed. If you speed, live with the consequences.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:11 PM
ya ok thanks. we all know that was a dumb move

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got a ticket, a GOOD one