G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Not that anyone cares....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Not that anyone cares....

I dont post much here, but wanted to share my good news. After tomorrow I am getting rid of the G and it is replaced by a 2006 Wrx STI.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two. I wish I had bought the STI instead of the G long ago. Anyways, farewell and you all enjoy the holidays!

Old 11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's your take on the EVO? I assume that if you like the STi so much, you considered the EVO also.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:16 PM
STi is tight, but the G looks WAY better and classier.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:18 PM
u cant even compare the interiors of the two..

Old 11-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by minder
I dont post much here, but wanted to share my good news. After tomorrow I am getting rid of the G and it is replaced by a 2006 Wrx STI.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two. I wish I had bought the STI instead of the G long ago. Anyways, farewell and you all enjoy the holidays!
I guess it comes down to what you are looking for. If it is pure speed and nothing else, yes you are right. You should have known about this way before you bought the G. Since you have only 26 posts, you probably didn't do that much research to begin with. Enjoy your new ride though!

Old 11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
I guess it comes down to what you are looking for. If it is pure speed and nothing else, yes you are right. You should have known about this way before you bought the G. Since you have only 26 posts, you probably didn't do that much research to begin with. Enjoy your new ride though!
Thats where you are wrong....I did do a lot of research, but the G just got real old real quick. I have had a lot of problems with it since I have bought it. Dont be a hater....I guess I will be seeing you in my rear view mirror.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Have fun racing with your buddies in your STi. And I'll have fun cruising in my G35 with the ladies :]

Old 11-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by minder
Thats where you are wrong....I did do a lot of research, but the G just got real old real quick. I have had a lot of problems with it since I have bought it. Dont be a hater....I guess I will be seeing you in my rear view mirror.
are you sure about that?

Old 11-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mark350GT
are you sure about that?
Oh I am sure....and I dont need a car to get the ladies. I can do that all on my own.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by kevinn
Have fun racing with your buddies in your STi. And I'll have fun cruising in my G35 with the ladies :]
Its so true man! Everytime I have a girl in my G I point out an STI and ask "do you like those cars?" Not once has a girl said "yes I like them" or even "they are OK." My GF once said "you should get a gay wing on your car like that ugly blue thing." She knows nothing about cars but shes hot and knows when a car is ugly. Anyway I think they look like siht even though they are fast. JMO

Old 11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I too gave a hard look at the Sti. I liked it very, very much. If I had been 20 years younger, I would have bought it no question. But I'm older, fatter, wiser and I wanted a little more than sheer speed and grip (which the sti has in spades) I wanted RWD ONLY. I grew up driving RWD cars and learned to drive with the tail out. If I remember correctly, the Sti is biased toward the front with torque split more to the rear only under extreme conditions.

Besides, the G has "The Look". Smooth lines, sexy shapes, the Sti looked like a body builder, cut, buffed, and bulging. I'm happy with my choice. Maybe you would have too if you hadn't has so many problems.

Anyway, enjoy the Sti, I know you will.

BTW, you wait a few days and see "how many people care" about this.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
they look ok... except from the side then it looks like a econobox with a huge wing on it.. i was actually going to get a evo before the g, but the salesman was being a d!ck so i didn't go with that. i like them (both sti and evo) for their speed and heritage but not their looks, the kind of attention you would get, and their class. IMHO, they look too "high-school" and for the "fast-and-furious" folks. maybe because a lot of those retards give these cars bad reps.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Must be dreamin' man...I spank STIs and EVOs everytime man. The way I figure you just stepped down a notch on the scale. You get zero creature comforts in the interior, nowhere comparable to the G. You bought urself a race car...yes...but theres only gonna be so much racing around you can do before ya keep gettin pulled over in ur little "ricer" or you wrap it around a tree. Essentially you are paying for a car that you have to dump a lot of money into to make it the usual STIs and EVOs we like to see, and trust me a lottt of headaches with the car. I dont even give the ones I see on the road the time of day. And oh yea, I dont need the car to get the girls. But last time I checked girls weren't oggling the STI in the parking lot over the G35.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I woudln't pay over 20k for a new STi. :]

Old 11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
this is one BITTER A$$ infiniti customer. lmao.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.