G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ok so arent mustangs GT's supposed to be faster then us?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
I seriously question everyones reading and research ability here.

ISMSolutions: 13.1 has been done by testers, but so has consistent 12.5-12.8's. I trust the mustang magazine sources who drive these cars all day long. I ran a 12.8 in stock form (other than CAI) and a 12.1 @117 with my pulley, tune, CAI, and exhaust. A few minor suspension mods as well, but Goodyear GSD3 tires on the rear at 17psi. With DR's I would have dipped high 11's.
Your controlled situation is from one source, and I never said everyday drivers can get that. I know I am capable of that, but I have owned 5 mustangs and know how to drive them. Please do some more extensive research next time. With that said your post #38 is more reasonable.

Nismo G: a stock 03 Cobra cannot run 11's. Maybe with slicks and skinny's but that could be tough to pull off. Plenty of modified Cobra's with the basics for a Cobra (i.e. pulley, tune, CAI, Exhaust, tires) are all over the 11 range, but many also see low to mid 12's depending on driver, conditions and tires. The driver and mods are the key factor as with any 1/4 mile run.
Why do mustang owners gotta be roughnecks??

Believe what you want naysayers. The fact of the matter is that 7-8 car win for a FI-G over an 03 Cobra is a stretch. I know anything is possible on the street and there could have been wheel spin, hop, or a bad driver. I can understand a stock Cobra more reasonably since they put out around 365rwhp vs. the G's 435rwhp. But just a CAI and Catback will bump a Cobra to 400rwhp.

I expect to have another Cobra (hopefully GT500 if pricing is better) by the end of this year. I will gladly go to the track, dyno, etc. with anyone on here for proving ground and match ups.
Dude dont give yourself a heart attack! Im saying that in my area (AKA where i live) 75% of mustang owners are white trash red necks with shotguns basically. You even said it yourself except in other words, you said that a cobra with mods such as intake, exhaust, pulleys, and a tunning can run low 12s to high 11s...that is actually believable, but i believe what we were talking about were STOCK cobras...right?

-sean

Old 01-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey either way G35's still look better in the end.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Dude dont give yourself a heart attack! Im saying that in my area (AKA where i live) 75% of mustang owners are white trash red necks with shotguns basically. You even said it yourself except in other words, you said that a cobra with mods such as intake, exhaust, pulleys, and a tunning can run low 12s to high 11s...that is actually believable, but i believe what we were talking about were STOCK cobras...right?

-sean

I live right down the street from you, and agree to a certain extent considering our area.

We mentioned both stock and modified since it was unclear of what year or mods of Cobra that was raced in the story.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobra-2-G
I live right down the street from you, and agree to a certain extent considering our area.

We mentioned both stock and modified since it was unclear of what year or mods of Cobra that was raced in the story.
CORRECT and CLEAR - and I agree with your other main post as well, as you would understand.

I've owned and built MANY Stangs in my time - know how to drive 'em too - the one I raced, was did not have exhaust, and from the sound of the blower - no pulley. Maybe a tune though...don't know....but nonetheless - he was beat..just as I have stated. when I was NA, and that was well built, I wouldn't get the Cobra's...but killed every GT I ran up against.

I'm not jumping on anyone - this thread has just gone too far.

Rick

Old 01-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by logik05se
Listen please let me allow everyone to know, I am not a street racer and I seriosly almost never ever do this. But it was 4 am sat night, me and my friend were running around all day trying to get stuff together to go ridin (quads) the next day. We just left mcdonalds and there was some whole car club there that drove a bunch of civics and they had like 30 cars outside. I didnt do nothing with them though but I sure would have liked to lol. Anyway i get 2 blocks away from my friends house and as i pull up to the light I see its a brand new silver Mustang GT. I casually looked over as i pulled up then just turned away, before i had the chnace to fully turn my head he reved his engine at me. So i was like fkit and reved it back. Keep in mind my car is 06 6mt with nothing but an injen cai on it. Light turns greet and we go, my tires were freezin so i spun really hard, but was a nice amount in front of him.... threw second gear which was actually very early due to the tire spin so the car had only about 60% at best of its power. By the time I was throwin 4th gear I was over a car in front of this guy, i seriosly couldnt believe it...he turned at the light before me, musta been embaressed ;x. Keep in mind please this is a 3 lane, both direction area and we were the only 2 cars on it.
2005+ mustang GTs will kill a 2003-2006 g35 every single time.

2007 maybe closer race ...