G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Greddy Evo 2 Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Greddy Evo 2 Review

Just installed the greddy evo 2 on my 03 g35 coupe. The fit and quality of the exhaust is great especially the welds and the included y-pipe As far as sound, it sounds almost stock just a much deeper tone. The hallowness at high RPM's is gone and sounds nice over 4k. I feel a slight difference in horsepower over 4k and little no loss on the low end.

I recommend this exhaust for anyone not wanting a cheap ricer sounding exhaust that is not super loud. With the exhuast being quieter than the HKS and others, when test pipes or high flow cats/headers/intake are installed, it won't be oputageously loud until you really get on the gas (probly won't get pulled over by a cop for being too loud too!).

The install is rather simple when you know what you're doing, except for the EVAP sensor relocation. It's not difficult just takes 5-10 minutes removing oem protection around the unit. It's just a small black box that measures the exhuast fumes...

Old 12-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i have that exhaust and im really happy with it, i plan to get test pipes in the future...i dont know why no one ever recommeds this exhaust. everyone always says get the hks.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
good review. High flow cats or test pipes is a must with the evo2. It opens it up very nicely.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by ltrrtl218
i have that exhaust and im really happy with it, i plan to get test pipes in the future...i dont know why no one ever recommeds this exhaust. everyone always says get the hks.
everyone does favor the HKS. its quite popular but it just wasnt doing anything for me. (sound wise). dont get me wrong, cosmetically its beautiful.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
oh yea its a nice exhaust dont get me wrong. it looks great and i think it sounds nice though a little to ricey for me high up in the rpms but for an extra 400 bux it wasnt worth it.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 PM
^ agreed

Old 12-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by in2win
Just installed the greddy evo 2 on my 03 g35 coupe. The fit and quality of the exhaust is great especially the welds and the included y-pipe As far as sound, it sounds almost stock just a much deeper tone. The hallowness at high RPM's is gone and sounds nice over 4k. I feel a slight difference in horsepower over 4k and little no loss on the low end.

I recommend this exhaust for anyone not wanting a cheap ricer sounding exhaust that is not super loud. With the exhuast being quieter than the HKS and others, when test pipes or high flow cats/headers/intake are installed, it won't be oputageously loud until you really get on the gas (probly won't get pulled over by a cop for being too loud too!).

The install is rather simple when you know what you're doing, except for the EVAP sensor relocation. It's not difficult just takes 5-10 minutes removing oem protection around the unit. It's just a small black box that measures the exhuast fumes...
I'm interested in getting an exhaust real soon. How much louder/deeper
would you say this exhaust is over the OEM >>from a scale of 1-10

I know people love the HKS But I'VE also read people have regrets too.. Maybe too much noise for me?

Thks

Old 12-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
it doesn't sound too ricey for me, but i don't have hfc or test pipes yet. i love how it's deep low rpm, relatively quiet mid rpm and isn't too loud when you gun it. it's great b/c there's little to no droning, since i commute my car

Old 12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Sound clips anyone?

Old 12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
tone

The Evo 2 is great because theres no droning on the freeway and the sound that enters the cabin is slightly louder than stock( great for listening to music ). As far as sound increase from 1-10, I'd say its a 4. I think this is what you want from an exhaust, stealth sound until you rev up on someone and take off! Anyones thoughts after adding test pipes/ HF cats as far as sound increase...I think it would add to the great deep tone. It reminds me of the big 4" to 5" exhausts found on turbo supras

Old 12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Ralph0064
good review. High flow cats or test pipes is a must with the evo2. It opens it up very nicely.
haven't the evo exhausts had a really bad past due to their tendancy to crack? I do like the evo exhaust. that was the plan to get that before I decided to dig deaper in the pockets for the HKS system.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
i just got the topspeed pro-1 put on today. i hope i dont get pulled over!! haha

Old 12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
haven't the evo exhausts had a really bad past due to their tendancy to crack? I do like the evo exhaust. that was the plan to get that before I decided to dig deaper in the pockets for the HKS system.
tell ya the truth, I dont know about their past but I do know all the welds & overall construction looked awsome.

Ive only had mine for short period of time, roughly about 3 months. so far so good. no complaints.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ralph0064
tell ya the truth, I dont know about their past but I do know all the welds & overall construction looked awsome.

Ive only had mine for short period of time, roughly about 3 months. so far so good. no complaints.
I hope they've changed their materials and welding , because my evo exhaust that I had on my Acura rusted through and broke at the pre-resonator, and caused me to have a hole in my exhaust. This was unfortunate because I went through some high waters during a hurricane, and my car bogged down, and didn't die, however I still got water in my exhaust through that hole and threw a rod in my engine and totaled the car. Just FYI, go with SS not maild steel construction.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 PM
had mine for almost a year now...still looking/sounding great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Greddy Evo 2 Review