G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

proof: g35 not faster then s2000, chevy truck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006 | 01:28 AM
|
Stick with the topic guys.

Stock vs Stock: G35 is slower then an S2k... S2k 56 less HP compared to the G...

http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

Yes my G is for sale.. I was jobless 3 weeks ago, but recently got a job.. Seeing that I want to sell the G, might as well keep with the story? I lost my job, help me out, pick up this brand new G... etc. etc.

Old 12-10-2006 | 01:44 AM
Evil Bastard
I don't get it... what part of "the S2000 is over 700lbs lighter than the portly G35 coupe" don't you understand?

If you can't see beyond simple, raw HP numbers and try to take into consideration: drivetrain loss, power/weight ratio, modifications, gearing, tires, and a number of other factors... you really should just stick to saying "wow, that car looks pretty! Do you have it in pink?!"

Old 12-10-2006 | 01:49 AM
|
dumb ***.... on a rolling start, it doesnt matter if the s2k is 700lighter...

look at the vid.. the s2k took it at a 10mph roll, 45mph roll, etc. etc....

face it man.. stock for stock our g's are slower... i bought the G only because it looks nice.. thats it... not because the performance.. besides the 3.5 v6 beast should make up for the weight right? not to mention the aluminum hood and trunk...

Fact:

Old 12-10-2006 | 01:56 AM
J-Dizzle
I don't think he fully grasps the concept of what you're talking about. Why waste time to explain it to him. Scroll up and look at the others that have already tried and failed. If he wants to bash the G then let him, you can't force another person to see or agree with your opinions. I got the G35 mainly because it has all the creature comforts that I can ask for. If I really wanted something that was fast I'd get a EVO and mod it myself, upgrade the turbo, gut it, tune it, and the sort.

Old 12-10-2006 | 02:04 AM
Overglorified Altima
our cars are quick. but i wouldnt say they are fast.

although they are faster than your average daily driver and most cars that we see on the streets. so in terms of relativity, our cars are quite fast.

however, there have been numerous stories of people getting beat by s2k's and of people beating s2k's. every case is different. we win some. we lose some. one video doesnt prove anything. it's ridiculous to base an argument off of one video. therefore, i would be very reluctant to call this video proof that our cars are slower than s2k's. this statement is way to generalized.

like everyone has been saying, between us and s2k's, its a drivers race. we have more hp, yes. but we also have more weight. so it would be a close race taking only the cars into consideration. but factor in the drivers and then you have something interesting.

just my honest opinion...

and for the record, that was a nonrevup g...so it only had 280hp (to the crank of course)

Last edited by Calvin; 12-10-2006 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2006 | 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
our cars are quick. but i wouldnt say they are fast.

although they are faster than your average daily driver and most cars that we see on the streets. so in terms of relativity, our cars are quite fast.

however, there have been numerous stories of people getting beat by s2k's and of people beating s2k's. every case is different. we win some. we lose some. one video doesnt prove anything. it's ridiculous to base an argument off of one video. therefore, i would be very reluctant to call this video proof that our cars are slower than s2k's. this statement is way to generalized.

like everyone has been saying, between us and s2k's, its a drivers race. we have more hp, yes. but we also have more weight. so it would be a close race taking only the cars into consideration. but factor in the drivers and then you have something interesting.

just my honest opinion...

and for the record, that was a nonrevup g...so it only had 280hp (to the crank of course)
Well written post and I +1. Hopefully this idiotic OP can somehow possibly get this thru his pathetic head.

Old 12-10-2006 | 03:07 AM
My G35 > Your G35
Originally Posted by cnaman
G35 has 293hp...

S2k has 237hp.....

Ur saying intake and exhaust give the S2k well over 50whp? hahahahah.. Dumb azz... Intake and exhaust will yeild no more then 15hpmax...
hahahahahahah roflfl wow i read this and said to myself how much more pathetic can someone get..Trying to think ur the ****, and put sumone else down and make urself look even more retarded.

Old 12-10-2006 | 03:12 AM
Kinda glad you are leaving the G community.

Old 12-10-2006 | 03:12 AM
boe
haha no wonder he lost his job.

Old 12-10-2006 | 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by G35BDub
Interesting argument, as I own both. All I am able to tell you, is that these two cars are completely different animals. I enjoy the S for handling, top down driving, and high end power - while I love the G for its torque, sound, and comfort. None is better than the other in my opinion, and were both designed with different objectives in mind. I love both for what they are, and have had fun with both, but come August with the G's lease is up, it's time for a change. I'm thinking replace the G with a Cayman/ 07 TT, and the S with an NSX?
Very well spoken

Old 12-10-2006 | 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by GrayG35
dude your full of it sayin that these cars arent fast. I've taken 2 ss camaros and an srt-4 with it, so that guy with his 04 wasnt stomping it or something cause i know i sure as hell aint losing to a chevy truck unless it has like 450+ hp at the wheels.

oh and i think its time for you to sell your car.

The car is the srt4 most likely sucked a$$ in driving man... Or am i mistaken... i really thought that the srt4 was quicker then our cars. What are your mods man... im real curious because if you beat it then thats frickn AWESOME!

Old 12-10-2006 | 04:12 AM
Evil Bastard
Originally Posted by cnaman
dumb ***.... on a rolling start, it doesnt matter if the s2k is 700lighter...

look at the vid.. the s2k took it at a 10mph roll, 45mph roll, etc. etc....

face it man.. stock for stock our g's are slower... i bought the G only because it looks nice.. thats it... not because the performance.. besides the 3.5 v6 beast should make up for the weight right? not to mention the aluminum hood and trunk...

Fact:

....how does weight not matter just because the cars are already rolling? Try pushing a train when it's rolling at 5mph, and compare that to pushing your mother rolling at 5mph. Can you notice a difference? Well, that was a bad example. But I think you get the point, professor.

and where do you get the gall to call anyone "stupid" when you are currently incapable of grasping basic physics concepts? "weight doesn't matter if you are rolling"... good lord.

Old 12-10-2006 | 04:32 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...35#post1577035

Check out post #7 ... i tried being nice this whole damn thread till he showed me he is a douche.

Old 12-10-2006 | 04:36 AM
Hahaha, this guy cracks me up, he can be a stand up comedian for car enthusiasts or something.

Comon guys, how can you guys take him seriously, he obviously does not know much about horsepower to weight ratio! let him be!

The mods to archive this somewhere so we can read this thread through from time to time!

Old 12-10-2006 | 04:39 AM
I CALL BAN!! durf durf... those who read my previous thread ( #58 ) will understand this post

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: proof: g35 not faster then s2000, chevy truck