G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

check your stock factory alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mx22o
i paid for an expensive car and it doesn't have the most important part of it

The car doesn't have a true "alarm". It has more of an anti-theft system.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Read the manual. The horn will sound if there is FORCED entry on the hood, doors, or trunk. There's no shock sensor, so it won't honk even if you took a baseball bat to the bumper...

Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mx22o
most cars, when u hit the car slightly, the alarm goes off..
i tried hitting my G and the alarm doesn't go off.. does it have a sensor?
a week and a half ago, somebody kicked my G, repeatedly, in the passenger door.... was that you?

by the way, that kick is costing my insurance $1185 to fix

Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
so glad i got the aftermarket viper pager alarm... this is an expensive car, what's $500 more to protect the assets?

Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Day177017
Read the manual. The horn will sound if there is FORCED entry on the hood, doors, or trunk. There's no shock sensor, so it won't honk even if you took a baseball bat to the bumper...

does that mean if they break the glass, the hook wouldn't sound?

Old 12-14-2006, 03:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
To test your alarm, roll down the windows and arm your alarm. Wait for 30 secs then manually unlock your doors from the inside.

I installed the aftermarket shock sensor. Best $20 spent! I don't have the DIY link on this computer but i'll post it tomorrow morning. I didn't put the settings on high so even when the big rigs come wizzing by, it doesn't go off. I've tested it by banging on windshield...with some force, the horn will honk once. A little harder the alarm system went off.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LjN_728
To test your alarm, roll down the windows and arm your alarm. Wait for 30 secs then manually unlock your doors from the inside.

I installed the aftermarket shock sensor. Best $20 spent! I don't have the DIY link on this computer but i'll post it tomorrow morning. I didn't put the settings on high so even when the big rigs come wizzing by, it doesn't go off. I've tested it by banging on windshield...with some force, the horn will honk once. A little harder the alarm system went off.
WOWOWOW!! only $20??? yeah please get that DIY link.... count me in on this (read my post up above to see why)

Old 12-14-2006, 11:21 AM
man does anyone kow how much the dealer charges to program a new remote . i lost mine but i got two new ones just not sure if i should just get a regular alarm or just program the remotes. thanks

Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Konfidential24
man does anyone kow how much the dealer charges to program a new remote . i lost mine but i got two new ones just not sure if i should just get a regular alarm or just program the remotes. thanks

Here you go buddy! DIY on reprogramming the key fob. LINK

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
WOWOWOW!! only $20??? yeah please get that DIY link.... count me in on this (read my post up above to see why:mad
and here you go! LINK It also links you to the site where you can buy the shock sensor. Doesn't get any cheaper than $20, trust me I searched. You can essentially mount it any part of the car but I decided to mount it on hoses near the hood pin. If you mount it on the chasis, it won't vibrate as easily when something hits. PM me if you have any questions about the install or whatever.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:11 PM

Yes, I've tested that, and it works, but if someone breaks your window, alarm doesn't sound cause of no shock senser, they can get in and steal your stuff.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
+1...Hey did you know that if you turn the key and hold it whil unlocking your doors it will put your winows down and if you do it while locking the doors it will roll them back up.
Originally Posted by hai109
When you unlock you door with your key it disable the alarm...IF you lock the door with your key and someone is in the car and tries to open it then it will go off...It's like if some broke the window and unlock the door from the inside...

Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
+1...Hey did you know that if you turn the key and hold it whil unlocking your doors it will put your winows down and if you do it while locking the doors it will roll them back up.

KP Techonologies has a module where you can roll the windows up with the key fob

Old 12-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quick question for you guys... let's say someone breaks the window, then uses the lock/unlock switch rather than just manually flipping the lock thing above the handle. Since the actuators are being activated, will that disable the security system too? Just curious...

Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM
^ Not sure? Why don't you roll your windows down, wait til it arms itself and unlock the doors using the actuator.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Here you go buddy! DIY on reprogramming the key fob. LINK

and here you go! LINK It also links you to the site where you can buy the shock sensor. Doesn't get any cheaper than $20, trust me I searched. You can essentially mount it any part of the car but I decided to mount it on hoses near the hood pin. If you mount it on the chasis, it won't vibrate as easily when something hits. PM me if you have any questions about the install or whatever.
That install method is the old way to do it. Many people were having issues with the heat in the engine bay and vibrations causing the sensor to eventually fail. The new method now taps into the trunk pin, and installs in the cabin under the dash, like a typical alarm install. Check the DIY section like I posted before

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: check your stock factory alarm