G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bluetooth Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:18 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Keyless Entry

So I had this brilliant idea a couple months ago how cool it would be to be able to unlock your car/house with your Bluetooth enabled phone. I figured it had to have been thought of already though so I did a little searching and found this article:

http://keyetv.com/consumer/local_story_097212459.html

He talks about a company Keyless Rides: Here

I don't know if its the same company but it seems like it is.

Long story short, does anybody know of a Bluetooth Keyless entry system, or know of a way to set one up?

Thanks,
Cam

Old 12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
wifi and bluetooth are too insecure for this kind of merchandise.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marshall2K

if someone wanted to steal ur car, im pretty sure they would rather throw a spark plug at the passenger window, let it shatter, push it in, and just unlock the driver side door, then sit there with a laptop trying to hack your car.

just my opinion.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:53 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
bump

Old 12-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Marshall2K
From a crypto standpoint, it's improper to consider anything secure without adequate documentation, but from the limited literature available about the "intelligent" key system, bluetooth or wifi could easily be made at least as secure.

Pin and tumbler style mechanical locks are least secure of all, you can open any pin and tumbler lock in seconds with a bumpkey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock_bumping

Old 12-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Not to pick on you nougat, but you obviously don't understand the construction of automotive locks. There aren't any bumpkey susceptable parts in automotive locks. They are not a "pin and tumbler" design. The design is "pin tumbler" anyway. Nissan locks use a staggerd double-sided wafer design. While susceptable to conventional picking, there is no active upper half of the lock. The upper half is what is defeated in the bumpkey rage.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I'm a locksmith by profession and it pains me to see the massive disinformation spread about my business on the intranet.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthShinobi
So I had this brilliant idea a couple months ago how cool it would be to be able to unlock your car/house with your Bluetooth enabled phone. I figured it had to have been thought of already though so I did a little searching and found this article:

http://keyetv.com/consumer/local_story_097212459.html

He talks about a company Keyless Rides: Here

I don't know if its the same company but it seems like it is.

Long story short, does anybody know of a Bluetooth Keyless entry system, or know of a way to set one up?

Thanks,
Cam
i even found a way to unlock my car with NOTHING except the keyfob... beat that

haha, im sorry im sarcastic..... im always up to learn how to do stuff like that

Old 12-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by DRoQ
if someone wanted to steal ur car, im pretty sure they would rather throw a spark plug at the passenger window, let it shatter, push it in, and just unlock the driver side door, then sit there with a laptop trying to hack your car.

just my opinion.
With a receiver you can pick up the signal and at a later time just retransmitted to take the car.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Or you can always rig a clapper, who will know? Just look cool and unassuming while you clap!

Old 12-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Or may be you could use a server (it can be a very small server, wallet size) in your car and connect to it via wifi. It can be password protected and you can store the password in your wifi enabled phone's browser. Just log on to your car like a regular (secured) website and your links are your actions. Interface with the car just the same way alarms do. The sky is the limit with this one!!!

hmmm...

Old 12-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Power consumption may be an issue here...

Old 12-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by fcarpio
Or may be you could use a server (it can be a very small server, wallet size) in your car and connect to it via wifi.
I was thinking maybe sms, you could rig it up Baghdad style but instead of exploding it starts your car.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by nougat
From a crypto standpoint, it's improper to consider anything secure without adequate documentation, but from the limited literature available about the "intelligent" key system, bluetooth or wifi could easily be made at least as secure.

Pin and tumbler style mechanical locks are least secure of all, you can open any pin and tumbler lock in seconds with a bumpkey..

Originally Posted by MemphisBob
Not to pick on you nougat, but you obviously don't understand the construction of automotive locks. There aren't any bumpkey susceptable parts in automotive locks. They are not a "pin and tumbler" design. The design is "pin tumbler" anyway. Nissan locks use a staggerd double-sided wafer design. While susceptable to conventional picking, there is no active upper half of the lock. The upper half is what is defeated in the bumpkey rage.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I'm a locksmith by profession and it pains me to see the massive disinformation spread about my business on the intranet.
damn, owned.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Bluetooth.... can i upload mp3's?

lol.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:55 PM
sound like a good idea but i just do't want 40k walk away from me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Keyless Entry