Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got car--clutch funny

just picked up my car on friday..clutch doesnt seem right

Old 12-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I would have hoped to have noticed this before delivery.

What year? How many miles?

Old 12-17-2006, 11:45 PM
^^wut year and how many miles? and what you mean funny? is your clutch miss disingageing, not catching? too high too low?

Old 12-18-2006, 10:28 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
ya what is funny

Old 12-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Details.....

Old 12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when new, the clutch on our cars seem stiff. it will get a little softer after some time. the engagement ponit is naturally high, higher than most i believe. there is a simple mod you can do to lower it.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:33 PM
it doesnt engage properly. its an 05 6mt. when i picked it up from the dealer they were supposed to have it fixed. i picked it up the day before i was leaving for break so i couldnt wait to have it fixed. the morning that i left i took it to their infiniti dealer but it just sat there and they didnt do anything to it so i just took it and left cuz they werent planning on doing anything to it anytime soon. i talked to my salesman and he said that i could take it to any dealer to have it fixed and it should be covered by warranty.

the thing that im afraid of is that it wont be covered. what should i do?

Old 12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
oh yea..i bought it used with about 14k on it

Old 12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
take it rite back from where you bought it and make THEM fix it...not another dealer. another place might try and say its not under warranty. Make sure you go there tomorow and make them fix it or tell them you want your money back. plain and simple.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:49 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
ya ake it back to the same dealer

Old 12-19-2006, 03:26 PM
i bought it from herb chambers dodge. i cant exactly take it back cuz theyre in boston and im in jersey but im having them fix it here and then im gonna send them the bill. already talked to the sales manager and he said he would pay for it. the service rep talked to him too.

infiniti said that theyre gonna try to get it under warranty. if not then the dealer i bought ifrom is gonna pay

the service foreman that it was my pressure plate and the clutch was fine...im not sure though cuz the car has a history of bad clutch.

worse comes to worse i get new tranny and clutch for free =]

..i hope

Old 12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Evil Bastard
Originally Posted by xjonmo
i bought it from herb chambers dodge. i cant exactly take it back cuz theyre in boston and im in jersey but im having them fix it here and then im gonna send them the bill. already talked to the sales manager and he said he would pay for it. the service rep talked to him too.

infiniti said that theyre gonna try to get it under warranty. if not then the dealer i bought ifrom is gonna pay

the service foreman that it was my pressure plate and the clutch was fine...im not sure though cuz the car has a history of bad clutch.

worse comes to worse i get new tranny and clutch for free =]

..i hope

If you haven't already, get that in writing. Just in case.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xjonmo
it doesnt engage properly. its an 05 6mt. when i picked it up from the dealer they were supposed to have it fixed. i picked it up the day before i was leaving for break so i couldnt wait to have it fixed. the morning that i left i took it to their infiniti dealer but it just sat there and they didnt do anything to it so i just took it and left cuz they werent planning on doing anything to it anytime soon. i talked to my salesman and he said that i could take it to any dealer to have it fixed and it should be covered by warranty.

the thing that im afraid of is that it wont be covered. what should i do?
Wait, what do you mean "they were suppose to fix it"? What was the problem? If they/you knew there was a problem, why did you buy it? I hope it was quite a bit less in this case. Again, if they knew there was a problem, then what was it exactly? Just wondering...

Also, I would never trust "Their Word" for anything. Like the other poster said, get it in writing. Of the three things that the dealer told me they would do upon my next visit, I had them right it down and sure enough, even the dealer asked if I had got it in writing (since they don't always keep the same people around) and I said yes. That was the end of that

Old 12-20-2006, 12:04 AM
they were supposed to fix it as in all this work was supposed to be done befor e i picked it up but just b/c of time constraints i had to take it

Old 12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Dodge dealership? Replacing an Infiniti transmission? Um.. no.

I'm on tranny number 3 in my G35 due to the recalls on our joke of a 03 tranny. What car's are you used to as far as standars go? What cars in standard have you driven? The G35 clutch is -very- differnt from most stock standards out there. It catches rather high, has a very stiff throw and sometimes can feel like its not doing its job properly. I drove stick for 3 years before coming into a G and it still took alot of getting used to. Make sure the problem isn't just your left foot before you go to nuts on a dealership. Also, I would -never- allow a Dodge dealership to change a transmission in a G35. Sure, theyre all trained and certified, but its apples and oranges when you compair a Dodge standard vs an Infiniti/Nissan standard. Please don't bring Viper trannies into this as on average there is one to two -certified- viper technicians in any given state, and I highly doubt they'd call them in to do a tranny swap. If the clutch/transmission had an issue, they would have known at trade in time, its not like they just take your word for it that a car runs ok. More than likely, your used to a soft throwing clutch and the G will take some getting used to, however I could be wrong. If the trans is fouled from the time you take the car, BRING IT BACK. It is not worth the headache you will go through (as I said, I've been there, done that, and bought the T shirt.) Best of luck to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just got car--clutch funny