G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need help guys... 08 g35 or 335I

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help guys... 08 g35 or 335I

First off please accept my apoligy for rambling...

I've been here since my 05 purchase of the coupe and enjoy the car. my complaints are gas mileage, sloppy auto , poor leather & paint.

I've been iching for a new car with a manual (miss the damn thing).

I'm torn between waiting for the 08 g35 or getting the 335I. We all kinda know what the 08 will be and we already know what the 335I is.

I've found almost everyone here very respectful of the 335I and mostly all other cars besides the srt4 (even that gets koodos for being fast). My trolling of the Bimmer boards find nothing but snobby folks putting Infinity (sp down and the G. deffinately a different group of people... so if i get a 335i i'll greatly miss you guys !

anyways heres the deal... IMO the 335i has better handling,performance then the current G. I'm figuring a fully loaded 335i will cost 4k more then an 08G. I've received confirmation of 1k over invoice for a 335. this is whats making it tough.

lol here's a funny... we complain about the oil dip stick... the 335 doesnt even have one ARRRGHHHH WTF

lemme know what you guys think

Thanks !

ppp

Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 AM
08 G

Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Hold out. Your bottom line will thank you.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 AM
I've been going through the same dilemma -- whether to switch to another car or wait for the 08 G. While I was showing my wife the new G sedan, the dealer told me I could put money down for the new 08 G coupe (said it would be in by this coming summer). As tempting as it was, I decided to wait until I figured out what the new G was all about. I guess there isn't much word regarding its final performance, styling, features, or price.

So far, I'm still leaning towards the G. It's always going to be more unique on the road -- everyone has a Merc or Bimmer. Especially here in NJ and Philly, there seem to be as many Bimmers as there are Camrys. Without a doubt, the Bimmer is a nice ride. I took a look at the 328ix and 335i -- very nice cars with great reviews. However, I still find the G to be a better value overall and don't want to pay thousands more for a somewhat better car that everyone else already has. "Better" may not even hold up depending on what the new G ends up being.

The only thing I'm really hoping for in the 08 G coupe is an AWD option. Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen. If snow tires this winter fail me, I may be forced to switch to a AWD 328i or IS.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 12-31-2006, 03:34 AM
Without knowing the actual specs, or even how an '08 coupe will look for sure, there's really no way for you to make an educated decision right now...is there?

Yet another pointless retarded thread.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
100% G35! its 4am why the hell am i awake lol

Old 12-31-2006, 04:09 AM
lazy a$$
Wait till the new coupe gets out and test drive it. Don't make your decision based on data/catalogue specs.
It all comes down to which car drives and feels good and $$$.

Old 12-31-2006, 06:42 AM
You gota wait it out. If you are not willing to wait, it means you will get the 335i, if you are willing to wait, it means you are getting the 08 coupe.

so wait

Old 12-31-2006, 07:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm surprised that you can get such a good deal on a 335i. They aren't discounting them in my area. If you like the interior and exterior design of the car and you've got a good deal, why wait. Without the tubocharged engine, it is very unlikely that the G coupe will be able to match the performance of the 335.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
only 4k more.....BMW.

Old 12-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Well, considering the 08 g35 isnt out yet i dont think you make a decision about which car to get. My suggestion to you is to keep your car until the 08 coupe comes out and the 08 335 then compare the two...

-sean

Old 12-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eastern-G
I've been going through the same dilemma -- whether to switch to another car or wait for the 08 G. While I was showing my wife the new G sedan, the dealer told me I could put money down for the new 08 G coupe (said it would be in by this coming summer). As tempting as it was, I decided to wait until I figured out what the new G was all about. I guess there isn't much word regarding its final performance, styling, features, or price.

So far, I'm still leaning towards the G. It's always going to be more unique on the road -- everyone has a Merc or Bimmer. Especially here in NJ and Philly, there seem to be as many Bimmers as there are Camrys. Without a doubt, the Bimmer is a nice ride. I took a look at the 328ix and 335i -- very nice cars with great reviews. However, I still find the G to be a better value overall and don't want to pay thousands more for a somewhat better car that everyone else already has. "Better" may not even hold up depending on what the new G ends up being.

The only thing I'm really hoping for in the 08 G coupe is an AWD option. Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen. If snow tires this winter fail me, I may be forced to switch to a AWD 328i or IS.

Good luck with your decision!
I have been told from a relialble source there will be a AWD option for the new Coupe.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by maj83
Wait till the new coupe gets out and test drive it. Don't make your decision based on data/catalogue specs.
It all comes down to which car drives and feels good and $$$.
Agree 100% Besides I will never buy the frst year a car comes out. I rather let other people get stuck with the first year production bugs. We here know what that is, it was not too long ago the 03's came out.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I had the same dilemma a month ago. Trade my beloved 2003 Coupe, or hold out for the new 08 Coupe. I opted for a change primarily for two reasons. 1) Back in 2002, I was one of the first G35 Coupe owners here in Toronto, Canada. I ordered early and waited forever for the car to arrive. I enjoyed the exclusivity of the car for about a year, but soon I began seeing at least 10 coupes a day. People were buying them like crazy; they were a great deal for the money after all. 2) My previous three cars were BMWs. (M3, M Roadster and M5) BMW service is absolutely awesome they treated me very well and always bent over backwards to make sure that I was happy. Infiniti service has been brutal. Luckily, my car had very few issues so I really did not need to call on them too often, but the few times that I did, I found their service very poor. They were always understaffed, always wanted to charge for warranty items, and I was constantly fighting with them to get services that I was entitled to. Infiniti makes very nice cars, and I'm sure the new coupe will be awesome in styling and performance but the lousy dealer service really turned me off. I opted for a brand new Mercedes SLK55 AMG. Very different car that the G, but they are very rare; I've only seen 2 on the road since I've had mine and MB service is first class just like BMW.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the responses guys !

still on the fence...
rumored specs for 08 coupe is awd,330hp est, 3.7l engine and most of the tech gadgets in the 07 4dr. its obviously going to be a better car then 1 gen...

my concerns that cant be answered till the car comes out are gas mileage, direct port injection, improved seating/leather.

my current concerns for the 335i are expensive oil changes... ( i know ill be doing it myself instead of paying 125-150.) they have a 4 year free maintenance schedule but the oil changes are every 15k... on a turbo engine !?!?! another concern is the crappy instrument panel appears not user friendly like the Infiniti's. and my last concern is bmw's attempt at a turbo setup... ugh is this a problem waiting to happen down the road ???? I plan on keeping the car for a very long time.

going for a test drive on tuesday and ensure the numbers will be upheld.

ppp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help guys... 08 g35 or 335I