G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

dont door dings scare u guys?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its going to happen. I have no dents but a few paint marks or scuffs. If i boug the car brand new id be a little more hurt, but the car ahd soem charachter of it's own already. Obviously i try to minimize the likely hood of damage though.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
sounds like you want side moldings (which are fugly imo)

I think your opinion is the majority. lol

I always either park at the end of the lot where no cars are at but of course when I come out, some idiot parks next to me. OR I try finding a space next to the island where nobody can park next to me or only on one side.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by g35ctuner
dont door dings scare u guys?
no, mummys do

Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by XCELR8
no, mummys do

LOL!

Zombies scare me.

Anyway, I have a few dings myself, sadly. My car is my daily driver and when I used to attend the dumpy community college I went to freaking people would always park next to me and be careless.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:01 PM
don't do anything stupid like parking your car between two spaces, because there are too many haters out there, and you would not like what they could done.

I just treat it as a regular car, and so far, no dings.

Learn to live a little instead of always thinking about door dings. how can you be joyful?

Old 01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
One thing I find that helps is in the structure I park in for work I always park on an end space with no one on the passenger side of the car. most people that park there are going to work and don't have any passengers so the passenger door of their car doesn't get opened into the driver side of my car. My husband thinks it's crazy to analyze where to park, but my last car had no door dings after six year, so it works. Also I think our perspective of parking spots is a little different from other cars, our doors open so wide because of the body style, my daughters Mazda 3 can take up alot less room to get in and out of when she parks in the garage in my spot. My last car was a coupe also and the doors were also wide. I just love driving the jeep to the store cause I can park where ever and if someone hits me it's usually the tire because of the height.
Lisa

Old 01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
I use my beater for errands, the mall, the movies, nights on the town...etc.

I had no dings for two years. Now I've got a few. Just happens. Lame though. Park far. Park in big spaces. Park in end spots. And don't park like a jerk.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by LjN_728
I think your opinion is the majority. lol

I always either park at the end of the lot where no cars are at but of course when I come out, some idiot parks next to me. OR I try finding a space next to the island where nobody can park next to me or only on one side.
I'm always out in the boonies. It's good exercise.
It's the minivans that park thisclose that make me nervous.
Door dings? Bah. Just imagine all those children with paint scratching coat zippers.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
DCASA
How Much$$$

Anybody know now much dent wizard approx costs for door dings?

Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Door DINGS!!! Scare me so much...

Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
you take a risk going bareback, but its so much nicer

Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I've spend a couple of hundred in ding repairs in 2 years, even tho I park in the next zip code whenever possible... Walking is OK with me, even if it's 20 degrees and raining, I hate the dings; fortunately, none have chipped the paint and have all been repairable... The cost here is $30 for each. My body man said if they chip, thats a repair and paint blend into fenders to do a perfect job at about $300-$325, or just a spot repair & paint for around $175-200 but you can usually tell the car was spot painted if it's not blended into the fenders due to the nice curves on our G's... It's gonna' happen so I just try to take whatever precautions I can to try and avoid it.

OH yeah, watch out for wind pushing grocery carts etc. I recently was at Krogers and the wind started blowing hard; all the loose baskets turned and began rolling with it, some smacked cars at probably 30+ MPH... All I could do was move and watch in horror! Lucky I had just arrived and was looking for a good spot to park; I had not parked yet and the spot I was heading to was overrun with baskets in the next few minutes... I will always park on the high side or upwind if possible now.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
just some advice for you guys. if you see a suburban park to the left. cuz thats where the mom gets in and she is much more likely to care rather than dumb little rugrats who want to hurry and get in the car for ice cream.
and i go to high school so my car is dinged all the time. but the other day i parked next to an xterra and my exploder got two silver scratches on my door. i'm still trying to think of ways to get back at him....

Old 01-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GodZilla
I get more worried about the stray shopping carts
+1 I will move any shopping cart that is within 20 ft of my G seriously!!

Originally Posted by Grace
I'm always out in the boonies. It's good exercise.
It's the minivans that park thisclose that make me nervous.
Door dings? Bah. Just imagine all those children with paint scratching coat zippers.
nah man parking by minivans is the shlt!!! i figured out that most ppl who drive minivan have kids, & make the kids ride in the 2nd or 3rd row. which = sliding door = no dings

I started out parking in the boonies if i knew i was going to be a while &
parked in handicapped spots if i knew i was running in & out (yea I know Im going to hell!)
but now I just try to pick my spots carefully
I stay away from other coupes becuase coupes have longer doors so more prone to dinging
& always park in between 2 cars (as long as there is enough "door opening room" for all of us)
....my logic in that is I feel someone is more likely to scracth, dent or ding ur car coming into a spot rather than going out, does it make sense? I dont know but no dings yet!!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blindside
just some advice for you guys. if you see a suburban park to the left. cuz thats where the mom gets in and she is much more likely to care rather than dumb little rugrats who want to hurry and get in the car for ice cream.
and i go to high school so my car is dinged all the time. but the other day i parked next to an xterra and my exploder got two silver scratches on my door. i'm still trying to think of ways to get back at him....
raw egg on hood
pour paint thinner on car
gasoline & matches
puncture tires

....just jokin man ....let it go ...Karma will get him back

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dont door dings scare u guys?