G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

PICS Rear Side panel removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:14 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICS Rear Side panel removal

Posting Pics for all those that need / want this info and need a pic to see exactly what they are dealing with...I know a pic speaks louder than any description....so here is my 1hr worth of figuring this out (with help from the written instructions of some G35 coupe owners...just figured some pics would close the question gap...

Step one would be removing the back seat...to get to bolts you must remove two clips under trunk mat holding skirting of top part of rear seat. Then undo velcro and unhook the release cable....no pics because all of this is kind of really aparent when you lift that velco holding rug skirts

Must remove the top folding seat first

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by NYCG35 on 11/16/03 10:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

139832-backseat upper.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 01:18 AM
G SQUAD
Re: PICS Rear Side panel removal

Next would be removing the bottom part of the rear seat.

Basically grab hold of underneath the front of it and pull firmly up...to pull it out of the clips...(only one of the clips are pointed to in the pic but it is just two hold it in on either side.....

Just lift up and slide it out of the car.

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by NYCG35 on 11/16/03 10:22 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

139837-Backseat lower G35C.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 01:35 AM
G SQUAD

Now here is the tricky part ....This car (even though I love it) is a freakin lego set....Its alll snaps holding in the side rear panels...and YES its one peice...adn YES its the only way to get to the rear panel (CRAP) Bose speakers....Basically undo the part holding the door sills then find a good spot and pull firmly >>>CAREFUL snaps are plastic ...pull firm but not Super hard....and it will all just literally "pop" out....IN the Pic are the snap locations...

The rear (toward the back window) is held to the inside (light grey) rear window molding...To get this out you will have to play around with it ....to undue the snapped in part...Dont worry THERE ARE NO SCREWS HOLDING ANY OF IT...(SADLY)......but you dont have to worry about cracking any plastic that makes up the panel....

Well for me this explained why we have some rattling on some of our Coupes and Sedans....HEY NISSAN....EVER HEARD OF A SCREW!!!...LOL

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

139852-rear side panelG35Coupe.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 01:40 AM
G SQUAD

OK last step
Finally one screw!...LOL
To take the inside window molding off...Pop out that "SRS side curtain" airbag plastic insert peice and behind it is the only screw holding that thing in....That and the actual seat belt screw....both must be removed to get this part off.

Next the rest are metal clips along the top holding it in and two plastic clips on the lower part ...so again grab hold and pull firmly....and it will all just pop out

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by NYCG35 on 11/16/03 10:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

139858-Upper molding G35C.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 01:42 AM

nice picture and detail instruction. wish you had this done long ago...hehehe

g35mt

Old 11-17-2003, 01:46 AM
G SQUAD

Now getting the rear part (closest to the back window) of the inside window molding out ....this you must pull up and towards you

Lexus for my luxury and Infiniti G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

139864-Back window moldingG35C.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 01:48 AM
G SQUAD

I just did this tonight....to help out everyone...cause askin for a pic on this site is like pulling teeth somoetimes...loads of info....but pics are rare

Old 11-17-2003, 01:51 AM

appreciated...

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 11-17-2003, 01:56 AM
G SQUAD

Now you can easily lift the rear deck......Now this is what I did to get to the rear deck......That TSB on rear deck rattles....yeah I had the rattle and yeah I went to the Dealer and got it done....Guess what>>>> It still rattled somewhat....So hey you know the saying: if you you want something done right....

Exactl......I saw that crappy urethane tape they used ....to tiny peices of tape .. no wonder it still rattles some....this is car a nice car but it lacks the refinement that it should have for the caliber Infiniti is suppose to portray...mainly...if they would have just out some good padding there (Like I did today) the deck would not rattle!!! NOW my deck is fine...BLASTED the Crappy Bose all the may up to 26 on the volume and Bass +4 and ...some hip -hop through the stereo and NO rattle.....Its not cheap cause it rattles it just aint padded down correctly....HEY NISSAN....REFINEMENT!!!!

139871-rear decklift G35C.jpg

Old 11-17-2003, 02:04 AM
G SQUAD

Well fellas/ladies (if there are any on here)

But Hope it helps....it will help for all those stereo installs also and questions on the Bose speakers...which are 6.5 in the rear panels by the way....

It will also help with those wondering what the heck is under there anyways....but probably most of all putting on stereos...so you can see the Crap Bose speaker in my pics...and I am going to goto the audio forum now and post the pics of close ups of that crap Bose speaker and the 2.8 inches of mounting depth they gave up....LOL

anyways guide people to this forum if they need this .....thanks ......It doesnt take that long to get done.....its the not knowing whats what that takes up the time....This post should cut that time in half for you..

I just did this to do my own TSB for my rattle.....but I will do it again in the spring when I RIP OUT THE BOSE SYSTEM....I HATE IT....but whats new huh???........Keeping the HU though....I like the radio....its the other crap I hate......

AND yes I'll take detailed pics and post those also...step by step....NOTHING BEATS A PIC....

Old 11-17-2003, 02:24 AM

WOW!!!! thanks a lot.
I was pissed when my dealer "fixed" my rattle in the back, and it comes back every now and then. Now I can do it my self =)

Thanks !!!!!!!

Discreet

2003.5 Ivory Pearl Coupe 5AT

Old 11-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good stuff, thanks for taking the time to take pictures.

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite
1992 Jeep Cherokee Blk 5.5 RE lift /w 33s
AIM= bkchang79

Old 11-17-2003, 03:03 AM

exactly where within the picture did you perform to fix that freaking nose? I am a little bit lost? Thanks

g35mt

Old 11-17-2003, 01:21 PM

He did this to show how to get to the speaker, don't think he showed exacltly where to fix the rattle. But i'm "assuming" on the last few pictures that the dealer just put a few pads of double sided adhesive tape to hold the rear deck to the frame of the car better.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 11-19-2003, 10:39 PM
G SQUAD

The post is to show you how to get to the speakers and rear deck....its a process and involes a whole lot more step by step effort than any other car I've ever owned.

If you pull up the rear deck you will see the two clips that hold it in...and as mentioned you will see the two strips of tape that the dealer put between the clip and the peice holding the clip....its really really obvious ...just lift that deck...what you need to know it what I posted ...How the hell to get to it....how to fix it is the easy part.
what I did was put some weather stripping thicker than the dealer urethane tape on top of the tape the dealer installed...the stripping I bought at home depot....then I just laced the whole rear deck with the self adhesive weather stripping I bought...just to make sure...now the noise is TOTALLY gone...now I gotta do the doors....The car just aint padded well..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PICS Rear Side panel removal