G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

S4 No More

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S4 No More

Picking up my DG coupe tongiht, all the bells and whistles except nav. 6 Speed of course. Just thought I would say hello. I just sold my 2000 Audi S4, sad to see it go, but hopefully the G can put a smile back on face.

Old 11-17-2003, 03:29 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: S4 No More

I've heard some say the S4 is a decent ride too, but I'm sure the G will put that smile back on your face.
Welcome to G35Driver and good luck with your pickup later.
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-17-2003, 04:00 PM

The S4 isn't decent. Its an awesome vehicle. Especially after a simple chip and exhaust, it will beat even the E46 M3 (not by much), and literally smoke a G35 Coupe.

Old 11-17-2003, 04:12 PM

smoke a g coupe? nahhh... unless your talking about the new s4

2003 6MT Laser Red Coupe, Premium, Chrome 18's

Old 11-17-2003, 04:24 PM

Nah, he's talking about the old S4, they can break into the 12's with simply a chip and full exhaust. A chip on that car increases the turbo boost significantly which does the same for power.

2004 Black 6MT

Old 11-17-2003, 04:33 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Nah, he's talking about the old S4, they can break into the 12's with simply a chip and full exhaust. A chip on that car increases the turbo boost significantly which does the same for power.

<hr></blockquote>

Yep. The car is a beast. I've driven quite a few of them and they are amazing.

Here is the dyno off APR's website. And this is "to the wheels".

140054-dyno_s4_stage_ii[1].gif

Old 11-17-2003, 05:06 PM
O.F. Administrator

Andrew_A4.....No doubt the S4 is all you say it is, I can't deny that, but your simple chip adds 70 HP and 100 ft lbs to the stock engine. I won't doubt that 'smoke job'.
Now for a more level playing fieldHow about adding those numbers to the Coupe and see who smokes who, including the E46.
IMHO, with those kind of #'s, the coupe would be astronomical, never mind awesome.
Please tell us about your G.
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The difference is that the S4 comes from the factory with a turbo, and an ECU upgrade plays with the boost level. The G35 coupe does not have a turbo. With a turbo, yes, it would be a different matter. But in this case, it takes $5-10k to turbo a G35, and probably only a couple of hundred to chip the factory turbo on the S4.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 11-17-2003, 05:19 PM
O.F. Administrator

Who's talking about $$$$$, I'm talking about adding that much power to the stock engine on the G. The same way it was added to the S4.
If your gonna talk $$$, isn't there a big difference in prices of these 2 cars? For the difference in dough you could prolly get what 700 hp from the G, turbocharged or not?
It would seem fairest to put both cars on a level playing field.
GSM

Old 11-17-2003, 05:30 PM

Andrew_A4.....No doubt the S4 is all you say it is, I can't deny that, but your simple chip adds 70 HP and 100 ft lbs to the stock engine. I won't doubt that 'smoke job'.
Now for a more level playing fieldHow about adding those numbers to the Coupe and see who smokes who, including the E46.
IMHO, with those kind of #'s, the coupe would be astronomical, never mind awesome.
Please tell us about your G.

<hr></blockquote>

Why would we add those numbers to an E46 M3 or a G35 Coupe? A chip + exhaust wont get you anywhere near thost kinds of gains on either car since they are normally asparated engines.
I do agree, if you were to add such power to a G, it would be something to fear. But the fact remains, to get such a massive boost in performance in your engine, its going to take a lot more than $1500 in bolt-ons. You would probably have to get a full exhuast, intake, new ECU, and either the new Greddy bi-turbo kit or perhaps either the stillin or the procharger.
My point being, i'm not knocking your cars. I'm simply saying that the S4 is a beast that can be made extremely fast for very little money.

As my name implies, i do not have a G35. A friend of mine who owns a G35 Coupe sent me this link because he thought i might find it interesting.
I'm a german car guy plus with the amount of time I spend in the snow each year on ski trips, i can hardly drive an RWD coupe. I prefer luxury, fit/finish, and quality of materials over raw power.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:31 PM

Here is the dyno off APR's website. And this is "to the wheels".

<hr></blockquote>
Those dyno graphs are crank HP and torque not to the wheels, stock turbo S4's don't put out 250WHP that's what they get at the crank.

Old 11-17-2003, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gsedanman,
That's why alot of people tune the A4's & S4's. I can only say that I have seen it too because though Andrew is trolling, he's a friend of mine and I hang around his "audi crew" alot. There are some SICK S4's these guys have around and though I don't have there dyno's they are made to go fast very cheap. It's like the standard mod for any of those turbo cars. You just chip it which changes the Fuel/Air maps, as well as few other items and most importantly the Boost level. It's like freakin free HP but at the cost of reliability and longitivity on some cases I'm sure. So these guys turn around and do a Stage 2 kit which adds intake, exhaust, maybe better spark and a new fuel rail etc. All of the sudden you have a beast on your hands with AWD. They are great cars, almost bought am S4, just that it's missing the "sex on wheels" part in my opinion. Stock they are also fatty's too weighin in a little more than a G I'm sure because of the AWD system. I have raced a few stock ones and that is a good race (I still won though). A mod'd one (especially chipped) would most certainly win in most cases. I think Andrew actually still has a video of a heavily mod'd (Stage 3 kit I believe) S4 owning a viper on the drag strip. Some here may have seen it but it's crazy. Neat cars by of course there is bias on both sides, now Andrew get yo foo @ss back to AudiWorld.com and stop stirring up a hornets nest, heh heh. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 11-17-2003, 05:34 PM

Who's talking about $$$$$, I'm talking about adding that much power to the stock engine on the G. The same way it was added to the S4.
If your gonna talk $$$, isn't there a big difference in prices of these 2 cars? For the difference in dough you could prolly get what 700 hp from the G, turbocharged or not?
It would seem fairest to put both cars on a level playing field.
GSM

<hr></blockquote>

Umm... thats what we're talking about. How easily you can get performance out of a car.

As for the price difference between the two, its only a few thousand dollars. My friend bought his S4 for just shy of $40k and it was loaded.

Here is a list of the 'base' prices but keep in mind, they don't come with many options other than what these prices reflect.
http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2002-Audi-S4.html

Old 11-17-2003, 05:41 PM

Gsedanman,
That's why alot of people tune the A4's & S4's. I can only say that I have seen it too because though Andrew is trolling, he's a friend of mine and I hang around his "audi crew" alot. There are some SICK S4's these guys have around and though I don't have there dyno's they are made to go fast very cheap. It's like the standard mod for any of those turbo cars. You just chip it which changes the Fuel/Air maps, as well as few other items and most importantly the Boost level. It's like freakin free HP but at the cost of reliability and longitivity on some cases I'm sure. So these guys turn around and do a Stage 2 kit which adds intake, exhaust, maybe better spark and a new fuel rail etc. All of the sudden you have a beast on your hands with AWD. They are great cars, almost bought am S4, just that it's missing the "sex on wheels" part in my opinion. Stock they are also fatty's too weighin in a little more than a G I'm sure because of the AWD system. I have raced a few stock ones and that is a good race (I still won though). A mod'd one (especially chipped) would most certainly win in most cases. I think Andrew actually still has a video of a heavily mod'd (Stage 3 kit I believe) S4 owning a viper on the drag strip. Some here may have seen it but it's crazy. Neat cars by of course there is bias on both sides, now Andrew get yo foo @ss back to AudiWorld.com and stop stirring up a hornets nest, heh heh.

<hr></blockquote>

Why don't you tell the folks how two lights in a row i was able to hang against your G in my modded A4 1.8t???

*throws on his flame suit and runs for cover*

Btw... my car runs low 14's and is pushing 18-20psi (1.4bar).

Old 11-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Where im from, base S4 coasts 45,650. Try puting 10000 dollars into fully loaded G coupe.

-------------------------------------------------
04 Maxima

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.