G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Uncomfortable Seat Belt on G Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Uncomfortable Seat Belt on G Coupe

Hi guys,

I have 06 G MT6 Coupe, I bought my car about 4 months back. My height is about 5'8".

I have some problem with seat belt whenever I put it on so I kept driving my car without wearing a seat belt for 4 month now...yes I'm still survive.

Whenever I put my seat belt and drive for awhile, the seat belt tends to move upward, wrap around my neck, and stays there. I think it's even more dangerous because it can slice and cut my head off when there is enough impact. Have you guys ever seen or heard seat belts slice and cut people chests and necks when they get into hard accidents? Yeah, I'm afraid of that.

I tried to reposition the seat belt in different angles but it didn't help.

Do you guys have similar problem? How do you do?

I'm thinking of get rid of stock seat belts and go with 4 points harness seat belts on stock seats to fix the problem. But first I want to see if you guys are facing same kind of problem here.

Thanks,
T

Old 01-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JSpec350GT
Hi guys,

I have 06 G MT6 Coupe, I bought my car about 4 months back. My height is about 5'8".

I have some problem with seat belt whenever I put it on so I kept driving my car without wearing a seat belt for 4 month now...yes I'm still survive.

Whenever I put my seat belt and drive for awhile, the seat belt tends to move upward, wrap around my neck, and stays there. I think it's even more dangerous because it can slice and cut my head off when there is enough impact. Have you guys ever seen or heard seat belts slice and cut people chests and necks when they get into hard accidents? Yeah, I'm afraid of that.

I tried to reposition the seat belt in different angles but it didn't help.

Do you guys have similar problem? How do you do?

I'm thinking of get rid of stock seat belts and go with 4 points harness seat belts on stock seats to fix the problem. But first I want to see if you guys are facing same kind of problem here.

Thanks,
T
Try a seat belt pad. I'm sure that will solve your problems.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks Docs...I'll try to borrow some pads from Honda guys and see if it's ok.

Anyone else?

T

Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it bugs the crap out of me too!!!!! i dont tink i will get pads though, kinda remind me of those ricers "powered by nismo" ahhahaha

Old 01-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i have the same problem however there is a solution....i'll have to post pics when i get home, but basically it's a small plastic piece that clips on the belt just behind the metal flap that you insert into the buckle..it slides along the lap belt and moves the chest belt away from your neck. sorry if that doesn't make sense it's kinda hard to explain

Old 01-07-2007, 05:57 PM
T,
Did you try raising your seat as high as it can go to move the belt down and away from your neck?

Old 01-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
i have the same problem however there is a solution....i'll have to post pics when i get home, but basically it's a small plastic piece that clips on the belt just behind the metal flap that you insert into the buckle..it slides along the lap belt and moves the chest belt away from your neck. sorry if that doesn't make sense it's kinda hard to explain
Please post some pictures as you could. I might do the same as you if it helps.
Originally Posted by Cobrajet
Did you try raising your seat as high as it can go to move the belt down and away from your neck?
I did raise my seat a little higher but it didn't help + I didn't feel comfortable much when I kick the clutch in and out with higher seat.

Thanks peeps,
T

Old 01-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Some cars like Mercedes others allow you to adjust the height of the belt where it attaches to the "B" pillar. Sadly the G isn't one of them. It can be an annoying if not dangerous thing to deal with.

Good luck!

GEVO

Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Yea...Drew's got the best solution. They make it in metal too.
Forget what they're called, but parents with little kids with car seats use them to strap down the shoulder belt with the lap belt so they can buckel down the kids seat in the car.
Hope that made some sense.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:48 PM
^^ Completely lost here my friend. Got any pictures about what you said? I really want to see. If you don't have it, it's ok.

Thanks,
T

Old 01-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Lip
Originally Posted by GEVO
Some cars like Mercedes others allow you to adjust the height of the belt where it attaches to the "B" pillar. Sadly the G isn't one of them. It can be an annoying if not dangerous thing to deal with.

Good luck!

GEVO
The G Sedan has an adjustable belt height too. Most cars have it.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Seatbelt decap..........

I don't have this problem because my seat is all the way back and slightly
tilted back too. My problem is the damn thing won't retract and I've had
it replaced once. When I get out I must feed it back over my left shoulder,
what a PIA!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just bought a tan seat belt pad thingy to match my interior...i know its kinda corny but it solves the problem. im 5' 11" and the seat belt sits right on my neck around my collar bone with out the pad and it hurts after awhile

Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I also have that problem too, i had a 05 and now i have a 06. Please post solution.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't think it's possible for the seatbelt to decapitate you. In an accident where you fly forward the part of the seatbelt that goes around your waist will hold you the most. And since the belt goes from your right hip up across your neck there is no real way for it to take your head off. Remember, the airbag will help stop you from going forward also.

Seriously, the point of the seatbelt is to keep you in the vehicle where you have a better chance of surviving an accident.

I hope you find a way to make the seatbelt more comfortable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uncomfortable Seat Belt on G Coupe