G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"FVCKING people suck at driving in the united states"....you can say that again....and again.....and again!

Old 01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
This seems to happen all the time. I have been that stupid driver before in the past. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and race even when it's not safe at all. Many of us have and are lucky nothing like this happened to us. It seems like the only cure is time and growing up. Unfortunately it will continue.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Yes, that is street racing, but if it is the speed limit i dont think there is a law about accelerating as long as you dont go over the speed limit.
Plenty of states have various laws to tackle this issue. Some places issue citations for what they call 'exhibition' type driving.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by ttrank
This seems to happen all the time. I have been that stupid driver before in the past. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and race even when it's not safe at all. Many of us have and are lucky nothing like this happened to us. It seems like the only cure is time and growing up. Unfortunately it will continue.
I'm 45 and still not grown up.But I have 30 years driving experience.This is a 17 year old kid.We all thought we were invincible and life was eternal at that age.Victims of circumstance.
My respects to the lady and her family.

Old 01-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
It's hard to gauge if a car is approaching at 70 mph at 300 feet+ or a car going 45mph, either way it looks like plenty of room, and if you thoroughly believe that no one would be going 20+ over the speed limit, you wouldn't worry about turning left and crossing an opposing lane.

It's much easier to say "oh I wouldn't be stupid enough to do this and that..." but if you didn't expect people to be speeding next to a mall, then you wouldn't take the extreme caution to make a simple turn.

It's sad something like this has to happen and I suggest all those who thinks they are immune to this situation to think again. 80% of all accidents happen within 2 miles of your home because mostly people are over confident about the surroundings (also frequency of travel in the same vicinity).

Old 01-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Scapgf
Despite the fact that they shouldn't have been racing, shouldn't some of the responsibility be shared by the unfortunate individual who pulled her Solara out of a parking lot right into oncoming vehicles?
In this case, absolutely not..see below

Originally Posted by IvoryGT
It's hard to gauge if a car is approaching at 70 mph at 300 feet+ or a car going 45mph, either way it looks like plenty of room, and if you thoroughly believe that no one would be going 20+ over the speed limit, you wouldn't worry about turning left and crossing an opposing lane.
EXACTLY!!!

I work less than a mile from where this happened. It's a residential street (houses, apartments) and it passes the back side of an "Outlet" shopping mall. 80 mph is waaaaay too fast for this area, and the poor woman is in NO WAY "responsible" for this. I don't care if you're 23 or 53 or 83.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryGT
80% of all accidents happen within 2 miles of your home because mostly people are over confident about the surroundings (also frequency of travel in the same vicinity).
Actually, it has a lot more to do with the fact that you spend most time driving within those 2 miles.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't race, I work out

Old 01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by johnbigbootie

EXACTLY!!!

I work less than a mile from where this happened. It's a residential street (houses, apartments) and it passes the back side of an "Outlet" shopping mall. 80 mph is waaaaay too fast for this area, and the poor woman is in NO WAY "responsible" for this. I don't care if you're 23 or 53 or 83.
So is this a blind curve or something? Or is it straightforward where the exit of the parking lot and the street meet at a perfect right angle?

I remember a few years back there was an officer responding to a call about 3 miles from where I live. He was traveling at 85mph, at night, in a 55mph zone. Well some people coming the opposite direction wanted to turn into their driveway that was right off of the road. They cut right in front of the officer and the cars connected. The police car stayed on the road, but all 5 occupants of the sedan perished in the accident.

Even though the officer was speeding he was found not to be at fault because the other car didn't yield.

So I am trying to figure out if this is somewhat similiar or if there is more to it.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Another point of view:

How about the people who merge into your lane at 10mph while you are going at 55 (the speed limit). That makes you 45mph faster and straight for their rear end. Even if they have three other lanes to choose from they pull in front of you into your lane. Many are too busy on their cell phones to notice this and they don't even make an effort to get up to speed.

I really wish sometimes I had a beater or one of those trucks with the solid metal piece in the front so I could give them a little something to remember me. It is not always the fault of the one that hits someone else's rear, you know?

May be this time this was not the case, but I felt the need to bring it up. My condolences go to the family of the lady that was killed.

I just needed to get that out of my system, I see way too many people driving like that and this case could have been caused by this type of behavior.

Last edited by fcarpio; 01-15-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Crucial dude
Originally Posted by johnbigbootie

EXACTLY!!!

I used to work out there a few years ago. There's some rough curves out there and alllllways some stupid kids trying to rev at me at lights.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=... not justifying it but racing on a rural road is a hell of a lot better than a busy street with people walking around and mad traffic[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I think that if you want to drive THAT aggressively, you should go to the track, spend the money, and just go for it. At least there you have EMS and other teams of people to help ensure your safety. I was racing around on an out of the way county road before on an old street bike and ended up eating a pothole about 1 ft. deep and flipping my bike at 50mph in the apex of an almost 90 degree turn! It was either the pothole or kissing the front grill of an H2 Hummer that was coming in the opposing lane!

My point it, you don't have to have 2 cars to have and accident. As long as you act carelessly and stop having consideration for the people that you are driving with, you will always have very sad stories like this.

I have already lost 2 friends to auto accidents who were both 21 and under at the time because of others being careless. So you choices are pretty easy. Just drive responsibly when there are others sharing the road with you. Just because some guy in a little civic with a big exhaust tip blows by you in the next lane doesn't mean you have to go chasing it like a dog to a bumper! Otherwise you could end up like me and watch your friend die in ICU because his brain was bleeding from car accident caused by some a**hole who just insisted in sharing the same lane with him! Or have your one of your bro's die instantly cause some fool decided it's OK to run a red light at 3am and broadside his car with such force that a traffic light pole is impaled through his chest!

Please drive safely everyone because all of our lives depend on it!

Old 01-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tru-G
I was racing around on an out of the way county road before on an old street bike and ended up eating a pothole about 1 ft. deep and flipping my bike at 50mph in the apex of an almost 90 degree turn! It was either the pothole or kissing the front grill of an H2 Hummer that was coming in the opposing lane!
50mph and actually hitting the apex on a nearly 90 degree turn...on a street bike?

I find that one hard to believe. Maybe 25 mph. Not like 25mph isn't enough to kill you in that situation, but I just can't see 50mph without the bike coming out from under you and you sliding right into the hummer.

This had to be a right-to-left turn, correct?

If you were seriously going 50 AND able to hit the apex that means that the road would have to be about twice as wide as any country road I have seen

Last edited by ScapGF; 01-15-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Yah to those people who like to post about racing this racing that..who's faster this or that....do that math; speed kills..all that money put into the car..blood and sweat fixing up the ride just to end up in the junkyard...there's no trophy or glory when your dead! If you wanna drive fast, take it to the a controlled track environment. Pay the money and go do it there.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Sad to hear this happened.

Despite the fact that they shouldn't have been racing, shouldn't some of the responsibility be shared by the unfortunate individual who pulled her Solara out of a parking lot right into oncoming vehicles?

Racing or not, isn't it plausible that the exact same thing could have happened had the Stealth simply been speeding by himself? And at that point, it is a HUGE consideration that despite his speeding, the person in the parking lot has some resonsibility to yield.

You might be right, but you see - if you are street racing then none of this matters. If eye-witnesses believed you were street racing when you got into an accident, 90% of the time they will place the blame on you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories