G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sukairain
You might be right, but you see - if you are street racing then none of this matters. If eye-witnesses believed you were street racing when you got into an accident, 90% of the time they will place the blame on you.
Oh, no doubt! From a legal perspective you would be screwed. And often times an eye witness can be way off. Sorta like the times when people who have exhaust on their cars are pulled over because officers think it 'sounds' like you are accelerating too fast. Sometimes you can get caught up when other's perceptions of what is going on get skewed.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by ScapGF
50mph and actually hitting the apex on a nearly 90 degree turn...on a street bike?

I find that one hard to believe. Maybe 25 mph. Not like 25mph isn't enough to kill you in that situation, but I just can't see 50mph without the bike coming out from under you and you sliding right into the hummer.

This had to be a right-to-left turn, correct?

If you were seriously going 50 AND able to hit the apex that means that the road would have to be about twice as wide as any country road I have seen
Never said "country" road, "county road" I live in Orange County so there really isn't much in respects to country roads out here. I was out in the Riverside area where many of the roads off the highway are maintained by the county and not the city municipality. This means that no one really repairs the roads out in those areas unless someone complains about it. I know that when I went into my lean that the speedometer was reading about 50mph. Whether at the time of impact with the pothole if I was still traveling that speed I really couldn't tell you because I had other things on my mind at the time. But the point of it is that you don't have to hit another car or to be racing around to get into an accident to hurt yourself or others around you. I was just lucky that there were some homes in the area where I crashed and that a very kind family was out in their front yard to help me when I needed it!

Old 01-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Brian
Originally Posted by Nismo G
If she was 65+ i would say one less old person driving 10MPH in a 60 so it wouldnt be that bad, but 50 is a little young still.

Alot of speeding is caused by these god damn old people doing 15 under the speed limit...i know if im following one for more than 30 seconds i am raging and have my foot ready to hit the floor as soon as possible. They say its the speeder that causes the accident when usually its the person before the speeder that caused him to speed that initially "caused" the accident...These god damn people driving so slow **** me off if they just did 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit there wouldnt be a problem and probably fewer accidents for sure considering that know one would be raging about in and out of traffic due to people going slow...

Had to let some steam out on the first post i came across...sorry guys

I know that street racing does cause accidents and im not saying that it doesnt. I was just letting some steam out!

-sean
You sir, are an idiot. Your immaturity really shines through with this post right here. You're trying to blame someone else for your own inability to curb your frustration. Yeeah...that'd hold up in a court of law. Get a clue! I'm glad you live far away from me so that I never encounter your stupid azz on the road.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by G-Ride Canada
I don't race, I work out

haha
"Im not crying..I work out"

good to know man

Old 01-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
That sucks but like g35sedan5a said "half the people here are gona say how horrible this is and it is, its solely the result of street racing. but more than 50% of them on the forums have done it and done it more than once and until tracks are built to compensate for the growing street racing scene there will be street racers". I don't think a lot of states do much to compensate the import scene anyways.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
of course they dont...its the american way, "my way or the highway"...so they see the import scene as somethign to shut up, not accomodate. they dont want to negotiate with the tuners because most people do not repsect us for that. the day tracks are a common thing is the day street racing will decline dramatically. sure, people will still do it, its the adrenaline rush, but for the most part, people will take it to the track!

Old 01-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did she not see the cars coming at her BEFORE she turned onto the road? It almost sounds as if she cut them off when coming out of the parking lot.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tru-G
Never said "country" road, "county road" I live in Orange County so there really isn't much in respects to country roads out here.
Oops! I read it incorrectly! Sorry

If she was 65+ i would say one less old person driving 10MPH in a 60 so it wouldnt be that bad, but 50 is a little young still
Interesting, because I happen to know a fellow who is around that age and just took delivery of a McLaren F1.

Look at Paul Newman, he is in his 70s and still races fairly well, all things considered!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM
and how many paul newmans are out on american roads all the time????? not many

Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ScapGF
Actually, it has a lot more to do with the fact that you spend most time driving within those 2 miles.
that is why I wrote "ALSO FREQUENCY OF TRAVEL IN THE SAME VICINITY" But more towards overconfidence, Im sure people go to work almost as often as they go home, but tell me why it's more frequent people get into accident going home than going to work.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
You sir, are an idiot. Your immaturity really shines through with this post right here. You're trying to blame someone else for your own inability to curb your frustration. Yeeah...that'd hold up in a court of law. Get a clue! I'm glad you live far away from me so that I never encounter your stupid azz on the road.
you know what he made his opinion and at the end of his post apologized for the rant so maybe you should back the **** off or maybe think twice about why you have a key scratch on the hood of your g in your sig its prolly cause you spout off stupid **** to people.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
now in my opinion what happened to this lady was tragic. Dying from any auto accident is unfortunate and lets be honest we dont know if they were street racing or not i think it depends on the number of witnesses etc. In my opinion speeding is speeding and if you choose to do it then realize you are taking a huge risk. Also what i think people ned to realize is the average driver in the US of A is not adequately trained to drive a car. If you have driven in countries such as switzerland, germany, austria, spain etc you would realize that we hand out driver license's like condoms at a teen clinic Again im not condoning anyone doing such excessive speeds in what sounds like a low key residential area but my rant is regarding how most people including this lady probably could have avoided pulling out in front of 2 cars going twice the posted limit if they had proper vehicle training.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryGT
that is why I wrote "ALSO FREQUENCY OF TRAVEL IN THE SAME VICINITY" But more towards overconfidence, Im sure people go to work almost as often as they go home, but tell me why it's more frequent people get into accident going home than going to work.
You MORON.

It is CLEARLY because those people have been boozing all day at the office

Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 PM
referring to the guy who said something about driving in europe... ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!
......take this in, in Germany you have to be 18 in order to get your license (which means i wouldnt have it yet), getting a license costs $2000, and you MUST have sessions with a private instructor before you obtain you license.!
......at the end of the day, more than half the people in the US cant drive and 75% have ZERO driving ediquette(not sure if i spelled that right )

Old 01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Brian
Originally Posted by gcoupster
you know what he made his opinion and at the end of his post apologized for the rant so maybe you should back the **** off or maybe think twice about why you have a key scratch on the hood of your g in your sig its prolly cause you spout off stupid **** to people.
Maybe you should read his post a little more carefully. First, he blatantly disrespects the dead woman by stereotyping her age group, and stating that the world is better off when 65+ year old drivers are killed by car accidents.

That's Immature Idiot Indicator Numero 1!
If she was 65+ i would say one less old person driving 10MPH in a 60 so it wouldnt be that bad, but 50 is a little young still.
Next, he attempts to explain the reason why alot of speeding on public roadways takes place. He blames "god damn old people" who travel below the speed limit, thus "forcing" similiarly immature, impatient jacka$$es like himself to become so infuriated and frustrated that they break the speed limit to make themselves feel better. Yes, we all know and have witnessed that one person's slow driving can irritate others, but is he trying to justify the reactionary behavior?

Placing the blame on another other for your own actions is Immature Idiot Indicator Numero 2!
Alot of speeding is caused by these god damn old people doing 15 under the speed limit...i know if im following one for more than 30 seconds i am raging and have my foot ready to hit the floor as soon as possible. They say its the speeder that causes the accident when usually its the person before the speeder that caused him to speed that initially "caused" the accident...These god damn people driving so slow **** me off if they just did 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit there wouldnt be a problem and probably fewer accidents for sure considering that know one would be raging about in and out of traffic due to people going slow...
If he really that felt his post warranted an apology, then he could have hit BACKSPACE and deleted the offensive remarks before hitting SUBMIT REPLY. Instead, he posted them either without much thought, or because he thought he had a valid point he wanted to share with us all. Either way, he's an immature idiot. His "disclaimer" at the bottom of his post makes his remarks no less indicative of his stupidity and of the lack of consideration put into his post.
Had to let some steam out on the first post i came across...sorry guys

I know that street racing does cause accidents and im not saying that it doesnt. I was just letting some steam out!

-sean
I can't believe none of you called him out on that comment that it was good that the woman died. That's outrageous. And you're a fool for coming to his defense on this one.

NismoG's comments lead me to believe that he is immature. Do you conclude otherwise?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Another reminder for all you geniuses who love to post your street race stories