G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Great experience with Scott and VRT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
Thanks for the kind words Andy (good to go), Grant, and everyone else.
People are always amazed at how well the front strut tower brace actually helps the handeling and the stability of these cars (coupes and sedans).

As for the NA project, let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. I am going over some thoughts with Mark about what makes sence for you, in your case, and within you respescted budget. Trying to make a daily driven NA monster 5at is no easy task. I will have some more solid info. for you shortly.
Thanks, I'll hold my breath and standy. No rush though!

Old 01-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HYBRID ITR43
Becareful about thinking that all that stuff is smog legal. Just because it's N?A doesn't mean it will pass Smog. This is California, you must past a visual as well as the dyno run. If the parts you have don't have CARB #'s you will fail.

BTW, just so you are completely informed, Greddy TT kit is smog legal, and can be tuned to be very reliable. Just ask my motor, more than 20,000 miles on the TT kit and not issues at all.

Just an FYI.

I'll bet an all NA build would make the car sound pretty badass.

Sorry, but the Greddy TT kit is, by no means CARB approved or SMOG legal in california. There is no aftermarket TT kit that is CARB legal for the VQ motor, that is why JWT is so adament about getting the certs. FYI- JWT is closer to achieving this than any other aftermarket TT kit.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Twins are Always Better
I also would love to add my words about VRT and Scott!

My husband and I took our honeymoon to Laguna Niguel and drove to San Diego nearly everyday to talk with the guys from VRT and view their shop and the cars they were working on. Since we live in Tennessee this was a little extravagant to go all the way across the country just to "look" at their stuff. But it was worth it, we knew we wanted them to build our G and had spoke with Scott many times on the phone from Tenn and Cali. After we viewed the shop and talked with the guys in the shop and Scott and Mike we were certain that is where we wanted to take our G.

Scott was excellent and made sure we were okay with everything!

Mad props to scott and VRT!!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:28 PM
I remember talking to Scott as well. Very helpful when he was showing me the JWT TT setup. I was lucky enough to see Eagle1's car (soooo nice) when I stopped by. However, I'm at the point where I also want to keep my car NA as well. For a while I was looking at the NSXs and how the group, Science of Speed, bores out the NSX engine from a 3.2L (3.0 for the earlier models) to a 3.7L setup (and keeping the set-up NA). That would be pretty sweet if our engines could be bore out as well so that we could get something along like the lines of a 3.7 or a 3.8 set-up... Is that even possible with our engines?

Hmm. The front tower strut brace sounds pretty good. I suppose I'm ready for some sort of mod after all this time.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
expensive stuff, but most likely worth every penny

Old 01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RockG
I remember talking to Scott as well. Very helpful when he was showing me the JWT TT setup. I was lucky enough to see Eagle1's car (soooo nice) when I stopped by. However, I'm at the point where I also want to keep my car NA as well. For a while I was looking at the NSXs and how the group, Science of Speed, bores out the NSX engine from a 3.2L (3.0 for the earlier models) to a 3.7L setup (and keeping the set-up NA). That would be pretty sweet if our engines could be bore out as well so that we could get something along like the lines of a 3.7 or a 3.8 set-up... Is that even possible with our engines?

Hmm. The front tower strut brace sounds pretty good. I suppose I'm ready for some sort of mod after all this time.
How are you Derek? Its been a long time. Whats going on with your G?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Good2Go
Thanks, I'll hold my breath and standy. No rush though!
The wait won't be too long now with the decision to go with the SC install, this is a good choice for you.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by RockG

We can go with a stroker kit that will take an NA engine from 3.5 to 4.2...expensive but worth it to the many I have spoken with. That is the route I am presently taking.

As for Scott and VRT, I do not believe enough can be said about them. As for their strut bar.. It is an amazing piece of technology. That being said, it is a bitch to put in if you do not have a rack, but it does an amazing job. I just wish I didn't live across the country so I had more access. For 50 bucks for the install, I would have been all over that. Also, presently, theirs is the only bar that will clear EDFC from my understanding. A very happy customer, IMHO YMMV

Last edited by k_hojnacki; 01-27-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned
I realy apreciate all the nice complaments all of you have said about me, its people like you guys that make what I am doing with these cars worth it.
Thanks for the trust, patience, and kind words. Looking forward to bigger and better things, and the new changes for me this year.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Banned
Andy (Good2go) clear your PM's

Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by wa2good
Andy (Good2go) clear your PM's
Cleared...

Old 03-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Good to heat some good words about VRT since I am in the process of talking to Michael and will be going there sometime this month for a JWT TT.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's really too bad you're SO far away from me...

Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by hottysmerf
It's really too bad you're SO far away from me...
People have shipped their cars to me to be worked on from farther away than Florida. Send me a PM, we can work something out.