G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Lexus Self Park video(funny)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they were just trying it out. sure they were making fun of it but if they had it on when they hit the minivan it didnt stop a bump.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by burns420
and whos to say the bad parkers will take the time to learn and continually use the system? if they dont want to learn how to do something as simple as parking then why would they take the time to learn how to use something that will take them 10 times longer than not using autopark?
Some people simply have poor judgement and can't parallel park as easily as others. And I bet when you drop the $$$ on that car they will show you exactly how to use it at the dealership. Once you do it a couple of times it should be super simple and take no time.
if its a tight spot it would be good, but the car in front or behind without autopark can still hit you if its so tight.
So that somehow makes autopark unnecessary? That makes zero sense whatsoever. No matter WHAT a tight spot can still yield bumps by other drivers. But at least with this system it wouldnt be you. I don't see how that could be a bad thing...

Old 01-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by ScapGF
So that somehow makes autopark unnecessary? That makes zero sense whatsoever. No matter WHAT a tight spot can still yield bumps by other drivers. But at least with this system it wouldnt be you. I don't see how that could be a bad thing...
its not a bad thing really. those G driver just need something to bash about because their burning oil for no reason, their VDC didn't work and they lost control going 20mph and they ran into a curb and messed up their brand new rims.

then the id card they had on the driver side card holder fell and sliced them in the left eyeball.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 PM
"So that somehow makes autopark unnecessary? That makes zero sense whatsoever. No matter WHAT a tight spot can still yield bumps by other drivers. But at least with this system it wouldnt be you. I don't see how that could be a bad thing..."

it makes sense. if i was to look at a spot and say "theres no way ill fit in there" and move on to a different spot, no damage done. if i say" good thing i have autopark, so i can squeeze in there and make it a challenge for the other guy to get out without autopark" then thats **** judgement and doesnt do much to prevent damage when arking. whether you hit the other car when parking, or he hits you when pulling out its still damage done

Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 PM
you have all the excuse in the world to hate the Lexus don't you? haha.

this technology is put there to prevent other people from smashing into your car....

no matter what technology comes up with, there will always be dumb *** to F things up and smash your brand new car...

no matter how far you park, how far away you park from other people, shlt will always happend to the best of us...

i always park my car out in the open, away from other cars.. everytime i come back to my car, therse aways one dumb big *** truck or suv park right next to it... out of all the empty spaces,, why next to the brand new G?

who the F knows...

Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM
"So that somehow makes autopark unnecessary? That makes zero sense whatsoever. No matter WHAT a tight spot can still yield bumps by other drivers. But at least with this system it wouldnt be you. I don't see how that could be a bad thing..."

it makes sense. if i was to look at a spot and say "theres no way ill fit in there" and move on to a different spot, no damage done. if i say" good thing i have autopark, so i can squeeze in there and make it a challenge for the other guy to get out without autopark" then thats **** judgement and doesnt do much to prevent damage when arking. whether you hit the other car when parking, or he hits you when pulling out its still damage done
No, actually if you hit someone behind you when parking without any guidance and then later the person in front of you hits you, that would be double the damage. Also, some peopel are simply bad at judging what kind of spots are big enough for a car that size. By sizing it up with the system they would know EXACTLY how close of a squeeze it would be and if it would be worth it to take a chance.

At least that way you can know difinitively. But then again, your judgement must be better than a computer's measuring ability.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:28 AM
MIC
Nobody in here is hating on Lexus. Everybody knows that Lexus turns out great products. BUT, it is well known that this technology, although clever is not very practical. Here is some more journalism to prove it: http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/10/16/...ark/index.html

Old 01-22-2007, 02:49 AM
I love how that article you posted claims that back in parking is more easily done, despite nearly everyone here laughing with the misguided belief that it doesn't back in well at all.

I think the many Youtube videos of this system working properly is several situations is much more convincing evidence than the words of a couple CNN auto staffers who probably spent 10 minutes with the system.

Some of the auto dribble you read from these news outlets can be rather absurd, which I think is something everyone can agree on. They write articles about 'street racing' if you accidentally slip the tires in the rain going 2mph. Their scope is typically out of whack, so you really have to take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 AM
lazy a$$
The autopark is very useful feature especially for elderly people or those people who has bad judgment. If you guys don't like it, don't hate it. BTW, it's a cool feature IMO, but it's not for me.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:59 AM
lmfa0 thats great...a guy on my cousins block got one and when he first picked it up we watched him trying to use that feature to parralell....it took him quite sometime as well.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 AM
if you have poor judgement when parking, why is it you should be able to drive with the same poor judgement? if a guy cant tell if he can fit or not, how is he to know when its safe to change lanes on a bust road? are they going to come out with "autolanechange"? maybe someday but is it necessary? no, its dumb and if someone has to rely on such technology then I and im sure many other people feel they shouldnt be allowed to drive. and yeah accidents will happen no matter what, but is it more likely that someone will hit you when you parked tight to their car or in a more "out of the way" spot? this technolog does not stop people from hitting your car, it makes it more likely to happen.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ITS only for paralell parking from what i understand..............

Old 01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
you can use it to perpendicular park to

Old 01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
if you have poor judgement when parking, why is it you should be able to drive with the same poor judgement? if a guy cant tell if he can fit or not, how is he to know when its safe to change lanes on a bust road? are they going to come out with "autolanechange"? maybe someday but is it necessary? no, its dumb and if someone has to rely on such technology then I and im sure many other people feel they shouldnt be allowed to drive.
You are arguing about an issue that has nothing to do with lexus putting this good system in their vehicles. If you want th elaw changed I suggest you rally the troops and focus attention on changing the law. Don't say a system is stupid that actually tries to help those drivers who are not the best. If you think getting a license should be more difficult then call your congressman. Seriously.

and yeah accidents will happen no matter what, but is it more likely that someone will hit you when you parked tight to their car or in a more "out of the way" spot? this technolog does not stop people from hitting your car, it makes it more likely to happen.
No, it doesn't make it any more likely to happen. It keeps the odds the same. But hey, at least when YOUR car is parked on the road some OLD individual driving this huge TANK of a Lexus won't hit YOU.

THAT IS A GOOD THING.

Trust me, I have thought this through considering the fact that I live in the French Quarter and have to parallel park my car among drunks EVERY DAY.

Last edited by ScapGF; 01-22-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
i made that point after you asked if it was necessary. its all related anyway. and yes it will make it more likely to happen if you park your car in a tight spot with another car rather than further away from it. it is not a good thing. it is great technology and works well, but it is unecessary and not a good system to have in a car where you should be able to have full control over it. im not trying to change any law, your saying why this is good for old people and i was saying why its bad for everyone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lexus Self Park video(funny)