G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Diamond Graphite or Brilliant White?? >_<

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Graphite or Brilliant White?? >_<

Hey what's up guys. I'm new to the board and stuff so this question has probably come up? Sorry if it has but i still need some personal opinions. So yeah..i'm planning to order a 2004 coupe aero/premium/6mt. The thing that is really killing me is color selection. I've limited it down to white and diamond graphite. Here are my views on both.

Brilliant White: I've owned a white GS-R integra before so I wanted to get another color that i've never owned before. But when i saw the 6mt aero at my local dealer in white i fell in love! The thing though is that i always saw white as a sporty color more than a luxury color. Still though I think it is very nice. I've been trying to detour away from the whole "racy" look but white is and will always be a clean color.

Diamond graphite: This is the closest color to a gunmetal that i coud think of. DG is also a badass color and i feel that it has more of a luxury tone to it and is more subtle than white. The thing about this color is that i see everyone and their mom driving this color (no offense to people who already own it). But still i've already took into consideration that i don't care how many people have this color. It's all about what I like for myself anyways.

Comparison: Well i've thought about it, and i guess that they are both nice colors for me, it all dpends on the mood i am in to decide on which one to drive. I like white because it is a clean and neutral color. White will never get played in my opinion , wheras diamond graphite is more of a "buff" color but sometimes i am thinking that since so many people have it...will people later on start reffering it to the "color that everyonne has". Still though i like both colors the same, the only TRUE factors in my opinion is if i want a more sporty "white" color or a more calmed down sleek color "DG" .

I'm sorry if i'm making this out to be such a big deal, but it is a big deal to me. Any opinions negative or positive will be very much helpful. Most of you guys on the forum seem to be cool so far. Help me out guys! Thanks

----------------------------------------------------
2000 Honda Prelude - HKS GT2540 Turbo
2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe (coming soon!)

Old 11-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Re: Diamond Graphite or Brilliant White?? >_<

hmmm didn't know there was brilliant white. Only white for G35 is Ivory Pearl isn't it? Brilliant Silver there is..

Anyways, I presume you still want the DG or White. I would go for White because it is pretty much rare. And it looks pretty good with it. DG eh... I saw it on the dealer parking lot didn't like it too much. Personally I don't like dark gray, while many people love dark gray color on their coupes I don't feel it.

Get white, white looks good...

if you want brilliant silver eh.. hmm I would get black..

2003 G35 Coupe 6spd

Old 11-28-2003, 09:58 PM

White. Don't follow the crowd with the vast blends of metallic colors out on the streets these days. But basically every Gcoupe looks good despite the color.

The trick is: picture yourself and your girl cruising down, whereever you cruise in your area. What color car and interior do you see?

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 11-28-2003, 10:10 PM

Blah...Ivory Pearl . Mixed it up with brilliant silver. I think that right there justifies that i am a newbie =( .

Old 11-28-2003, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, DG may be played out...but it is the $#!T....which explains its popularity among drivers.

DG all the way!!

;-)

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 11-28-2003, 11:57 PM

Ivory is hard to keep clean, just like my black! DG can hide the dust better, but it is a matter of how much you want to keep it clean.

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 11-29-2003, 12:29 AM

i chose diamond graphite over white.. but hte main reason was the white one i had on hold had willow colored interior, and that was in my opinion so NASTY.. so i got the dg with black interior.. and i loved it

Old 11-29-2003, 03:40 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the D/G with Graphite interior. Not much maintenance inside or out, and looks cool.
Very popular combination, maybe getting boring but practical.
Just my $.02 .
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-29-2003, 04:56 AM

Yo Dru....sop what if the interior turned out to be graphite? Then how would would your feelings differ you think?

BTW....how you edit the freakin topic. I feel like a dumbass leaving "brilliant silver" on =(

Old 11-29-2003, 05:00 AM

ahh i mean for "not" leaving brilliant silver on!! OMG i need an edit button

Old 11-29-2003, 07:08 AM

Last week I was in my dealers service area and they had a couple of white coupes and a white sedan in there. All of them had discolored (yellowed) bumpers. I asked my salesman if this was an ongoing problem and he said yes, it was. I would go with the diamond graphite.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:20 AM

Have you considered the desert platinum? I think this is one of the better colors. Its got the class of white and a lot of the appeal of the DG, yet fewer people have it.

6MT (DG)

Old 11-29-2003, 10:29 AM

I think u should consider CB too

Gggggg G Unit....... lol

Old 11-29-2003, 02:50 PM

In my view white (at least on the G35 coupe) is more elegant while DG is more sporty/rugged. I went with DG because I liked dark grey and think the coupe looked great in that color. Of course, the coupe looks good in any of the colors offered so I guess it comes down to what color you like better. I wouldn't worry about how many other people have the same color car because that way you might not end up with a color that YOU actually like.

2004 Diamond Graphite/Graphite AT
Premium, Nav., 18" Wheels

Old 11-29-2003, 03:36 PM

I got DG and still Love it. It seems like the color gets deeper with every coat of Zaino. I got a comment from a brilliant silver owner that he wanted to get DG . Get whatever you like, you won't go wrong with either color.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Diamond Graphite or Brilliant White?? >_<