G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Strictly Z update.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 03:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Strictly Z update.

GSedan35, I almost take offense to some of your statements on who's running this forum, and on the requirements for becoming a Mod and Admin..... I say almost because I'm looking at where it's coming from.
It almost sounds like sour grapes you're dishing out after being refused your so called Moderating services some months ago. You're only reinforcing the decision we came to at that time, and that was that you are not satisfactory and have no idea what's involved with Moderating and Administrating a forum such as this.

As to contributions to this forum, either technical, or otherwise by members:
All of whom you've mentioned are very gratious in contributing knowledge here at G35Driver as are many, many others you fail to mention. You should feel ashamed at having trodden on all their toes. I can only hope they're not too insulted.

The so called "closed political web" you mention is nonsense and absolutely unfounded. People who look after things here, and spend a lot of their time Moderating and Admining are very qualified and very unselfish to spend so much time here, sometimes, unfortunately, looking after troubled members like you.
Yes your past tells all, and I'm getting bored with your BS, and if you can't fit in and be happy like everyone else is around here, you'll find yourself more than "on strike".
Nobody likes a sourpuss, so put a smile on it and get along with everyone and appreciate what Kyle has said and done here.
I remain one of your humble Admins--

GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Um, Gee... back to the Strictly Z Update.
Yuichi sent me another email today with my new tracking # for the Bra. It will be here on Monday. Thanks Yuichi A++ still on your services.

To be honest I did not know that Strictly Z owned this site when I placed my order on Monday. I started this thread to give the members here my impression of doing buisness with them since I do not do much purchasing over the internet. I thought some people would like to know how fast I was served and how my emails were handled, which has been great, I have had a email replied to in less than a cpl hours from Yuichi.

As far as price goes, I spent 37k on a car. I really don't think saving 10 bucks is gonna make or break me and I will do buisness where I feel comfortable, where I trust the people who offer the service. So with that said, I will be ordering the Alum pedals as soon as I can after X-mass.

Sorry for this thread turning political, I had no idea it would go this way when I started it, not knowing Strictly Z owned this site.

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int. Clear corners, Hypers. 18's, Aero, tint, Pemium.

Old 12-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triji,

Don't worry about it. Good or bad, sponsor, owner or not, I am sure everyone appreciates the feedback.

Andrew, We Miss and Love You!

Old 12-05-2003, 04:30 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Triji, It's cool bro. We like to hear constructive feedback, and mostly avoid these so called 'political' upsets.
It's also good to know who's working behind the scenes and how much senior admins care about all of us and our G's.
Enjoy your G, this site, and dealing with StrictlyZ bro. They will look after you very well.

GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also will support Yuichi and Kyle, I have met them in person and they are very nice people, Since they are so close to me I have stopped at their place and picked up my goodies,
Thank you guys, I know most of us really appreciate your site.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:14 PM

Strictly Z gets 2 thumbs up from me. I ordered clears lens off them in June shipped to Canada with no problems. Great bunch of guys. Keep up the good work guys.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:21 PM

Wow, what happened? One night passed and this thread become a 3 pages war!!! Ryoken, i guess there must be some sort of misunderstanding then, as my post regarding to the feed back on CourtesyNissan been deleted twice for whatever reasons. Anyways, I'm just trying to tell Triji that i received the "SAME KIND OF GOOD SERVICE" and save myself another 30 bucks or more from Courtesy Nissan, as he tends to think that no other suppliers offer good service except StricktlyZ. I'm just here to post my feedback on how Courtesy Nissan offer me good service, speedy shipment (even faster than Triji's in this case), and cheaper price. As Triji said he paid 20 more for the "premium service". I'm just replying that i got that "premium service" for FREE!!! I have no problem with people purchasing from StrictlyZ though, i am not against them at all. As a customer, the only thing i'd be care about is the service and price. And while both all have good customer service, why pay more? Well, that's just my perspective. On the other hand, i do thanks all the moderators for organizing this forum.

Anyways, i just installed my clearcorner and Skyline 350GT emblems. They look great!!! (The Skyline emblem is really hard to allign though...)

Old 12-06-2003, 08:59 AM
Staff ALUMNI

Neohh,

I don't think your post was deleted, moved maybe 'cause I found it Here.

Sometimes we have to move stuff to other Boards, so if in doubt go to "Currently Online" click on your alias and view all your posts.

Take care and thanks.

Old 12-06-2003, 09:15 AM

Am I to assume that this thread was moved here and not to the Tech and Mods forum because only Coupe owners are supposed to buy from Strickly Z?

Old 12-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Staff ALUMNI

Actually it belongs in "Buyers Feedback" but since it has generated so much interest, I decided to leave it here for now. So if you see it missing from here look there.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Of course it will affect the link i made above for Neohh's post.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:16 AM

i should have ordered my clears from strictly z. i ordered my clears from grubbs about a month ago and still dont have them and no firm date on when they will be in. i would have gladly paid the extra $10. live and learn.

don't start no sh*t, won't be no sh*t!
'04 g35c DG/G 5AT premium, performance, aero kit, pedals, clears

Old 12-07-2003, 03:33 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Merlin, thank you for restoring my faith in this site with the only sensicle and rational (not clouded in anger) responce to my post. Understand that where I come from, we only place people in power that can enforce the member conduct rules AND have full knowledge of the section of the board we place them in. Yes it reduces the pool of people we can pick from, but we have found out that is greatly increases the quality of service that is rendered to our membership base. We do not let our moderators moderate over the entire board, we confine them to where they are strongest knowledge wise. It is our belief that the forum is first and foremost for infomation. To that end, we get a lot more FAQ material created since the people in power are ones equipped with the knowledge to write it up, again a benefit to the membership. Pehaps your software system here doesn't lend itself to the kinds of things we can do with vBulletin. I would not blame you for not promoting the people I'm suggesting if you would have to let them moderate over the entire board. I should of thought about that possibility before I spoke.

To gsedanman, I could match your reply in a tat for tat way, but then I'd be stooping to your level, something unbecoming of a adminstration member. You can spin the insult line all you want to support your own anger, I am insulting no one. Please let your anger over the shellycat incident go.This topic is closed with me.

Promote those that Know the G35, not those that know off topic or the regional forums. A user's past posts tells all, stop insulting those of us that give the answers on the these cars!

Old 12-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank God this thread is closed to him, as I was worried he'd make a 'sensicle' reply to what I'm about to say--

Being one who moderates is more than just posessing technical knowledge. Some of the most information-laden members of this forum have no volition to ever participate in moderating positions. You'll generally find that those who posess good PR skills (let's call a spade a spade) and can actually "moderate" will be those in these positions.

As much as I love to see people with technical knowledge in positions of power (Um... Challenger explosion? Bunch of engineers-- none of whom could lead or moderate.), I believe that managing/moderating belongs in the hands of those who posess more than a modicum of technical knowledge and the ability to truly function as someone in an administrative capacity.

Some of us have been around for over a year, some for fewer than that, but all of us know the topics that have been covered and can easily direct those in need to a place where they can be helped if we cannot provide help ourselves. I'm sorry that we are such a sub-par group, apparently, but if this site does not meet the needs of any member, he/she is more than welcome to jump ship and look for a site that is moderated in a more acceptable way.

I am firmly of the belief that many people stay around for the banter in threads like those in Off Topic, etc. That is what you get with a community-- all kinds. I personally love this site the way that it is, and wouldn't be happy if I received snappy, impersonal technical responses to all of my questions. I hope that I may better serve the position of Moderator in the future.

G

DISCLAIMER: The capitalization of the word Moderator in no way implies a sense of heightened importance or superiority.

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 12-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Alumni****

man.. all this drama starting from just a post about someone recommending strictlyz..

i'm not goin to shy away from it.. i've always been a strong supporter of strictlyz and will continue to be so.. most of you should know cause i never hesitate to recommend them in my posts when anybody asks about a reputable shop to purchase from..

in all honesty, if you choose to support them or not is not my place to judge.. either way, i've been treated with the upmost respect by both kyle and yuichi and that's something i value.. like another member posted, if you happen to live close by, they welcome anybody jus to stop by and just chat about cars.. those guys are car nuts first and foremost.. they love jus talkin about anything automotive.. i've even had them pull special orders for me that nobody else was willing to do, so i'm a customer for life to them..

and in regards to all this talk about mods, who freaking cares.. u get respect for ur posts, not because of some capital M next to u.. i honestly do respect wha mods like GSM do for this site tho.. in my experience, GSM has never shied away from a question through a post or PM.. i've always felt that our mods/admins have been underappreciated.. so to have someone criticzie them is jus pure bull..

but really.. i think everyone is entitled to their own opinions.. so if you agree/disagree with me, i respect it either way..

anyways, i jus want to reaffirm that this site has provided me with a wealth of knowledge that is priceless.. so i thank all those that make this site work and run..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-07-2003, 04:29 AM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

gsedan35... glad to see that you came to your senses. see? NOT being a moderator isn't so bad now, is it? pshhh, and all that silly "i'm on strike" stuff for nothing. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

to the <font color=red>admin</font color=red> and <font color=green>moderators</font color=green>, both newly-appointed and veteran, i think you people are doing a great job. and judging by the increasing number of gfreaks and newbies, i'd say the majority of us are pleased with the site.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strictly Z update.