G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Newbie here..Tips on buying 07 coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newbie here..Tips on buying 07 coupe?

Hey guys

Im looking to purchase an 07 coupe soon, and I was wondering if there were any tips you guys could provide to get the best price?

I'm aware of the basics. I've got my credit score already, I'm aware of invoice pricing, of factory to dealer incentives, holdbacks, rebates, all that. Just wondering what you guys think would be a reasonable price for me and the dealer. Im hoping to get somewhere around 32k out the door for a base 6spd. Is that too low?

I really like the car and am ready to step up from my current ride. Any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

and in case you guys are interested, this is my current ride:

yay for nissan

Old 03-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
32k out the door?

I highly doubt it.

Especially since most usually have additional options and accesories.

I got mine for 35k out of the door (specs in sig), which I found a fair deal.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 AM
32K OTD? well, I dont know where you live at so I dont know what your sales tax rate is but teh invoice on G35 coupe with no options is 31463 auto/32013 for 6sp, to get to 32k OTD they would have to sell it about 2~2.5k below invoice, so I think the 32k OTD is "kinda" out for next few months.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Your lucky if you get $1000 above invoice..
but good luck..

Old 03-01-2007, 02:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait for the '08......

Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Honestly man... I'd suggest just getting an 06 . I highly doubt there's anything too special about the 07. I needed an 06 so bad in 05 and so far because i purchased as 06 coupe... i've lost close to 30 thousand the first year... don't get me wrong... I was about status.. but if i bought an 06 right now.. with the money i lost i could've made the sickest G that would blow any new coupe in the following years outt've the water. Not worth it.. but that's just my opinion.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say wait for the 08...you will be happy you did...

Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
If you're set on the '07, try ordering one if they don't come down on price. Most dealers will discount at least $1500 on all ordered cars. But you should get close to that deal regardless.

I paid $32,400 (sticker) for my '05 6MT coupe (basic hardtop with trunk mat and splash guards only). I'm sure more negotiating could have been done at the time, but you hit a point where saving another $500-$750 isn't worth an entire afternoon of negotiations.

I ordered because there were no '05 IP/Stone 6MT basic hardtops available at that time.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 PM
try ordering one if they don't come down on price
What? you think they will discounted more if they ordering one from factory vs selling one thats satting on their lot for months?

I paid $32,400 (sticker) for my '05 6MT coupe (basic hardtop with trunk mat and splash guards only
Is that price include the sales tax and DMV fee? my guess is no, so with those fees add on to it like the OP was asking, its will be close to 35k depends where you live.

but you hit a point where saving another $500-$750 isn't worth an entire afternoon of negotiations.
I dont know about you or anyone else here but it will take me about two days at my job to make 500 after tax so it is wrothy and time very well spend for entire afternoon of negotiations to get another 500 off.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Go when it rains. They probably haven't sold a car that day and no one will be there other than you. This should give you more leverage at the bargaining table. I did this and it worked well for me. Good Luck!!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
If you're set on the '07, try ordering one if they don't come down on price. Most dealers will discount at least $1500 on all ordered cars. But you should get close to that deal regardless.

I paid $32,400 (sticker) for my '05 6MT coupe (basic hardtop with trunk mat and splash guards only). I'm sure more negotiating could have been done at the time, but you hit a point where saving another $500-$750 isn't worth an entire afternoon of negotiations.

I ordered because there were no '05 IP/Stone 6MT basic hardtops available at that time.
What dealer discounts for ordered cars? I was an auto broker for a few months and none of the dealers I worked with wanted to factory order cars because the chances of someone backing out of a deal increases every day that they haven't signed the paperwork. The last thing a dealership wants is to waste their time putting in a order for a customer for a configuration that isn't very popular only to have the customer say they've changed their mind once the car arrives, which they have every right to do. Take your case for example. White car with gray interior that's a stick shift with no sunroof. If you backed out, that car would probably sit for a year. Only time a dealer will order is if the customer is dead set on a configuration that doesn't exist and the dealership doesn't have much business anyways.

Dealerships are very much about the numbers and moving cars ASAP is their top priority. There's a reason why dealers DO NOT want people leaving without being in a new car. The chances of the deal not closing increases greatly once you walk out for whatever the reason. The best deals can be had on cars that have been sitting for a really long time and the ones that just got off the truck.

Are they even still making the 07 coupes or are they retooling for the 08s already? It may be too late in the game to factory order.

As to the OP's question, asking a fair OTD price on a national forum isn't going to get you very accurate answers because sales tax and registration fees varies by county. CarsDirect.com and Edmunds.com are excellent car buying tools. Go straight to the fleet/internet managers. Just call and e-mail. The only two times you should ever have to walk into a dealership is when you go test drive a car and when you go to sign the paperwork.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by asianfury250
... i've lost close to 30 thousand the first year...
Ummm...I hope you meant 3k.....or you really did something wrong.

To the OP...either buy and 06 now, or just wait a few months when they are scrambling to get rid of the 07's to make room for the 08's!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
well when u get the car...get IP! good luck:-)

Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
What? you think they will discounted more if they ordering one from factory vs selling one thats satting on their lot for months?
When I contacted Grubbs and they searched without success, I brought up the option of ordering. The salesman indicated that they would discount any ordered vehicle by $1500. Of the cars they had available, they offered $2000, but all of those had $4500 in options I wasn't looking for. I contacted a dealer closer to me and asked if they would match that, on an ordered car, and they came back immediately with a $1750 discount. If you look, this wasn't a great bargain, but it was a discount they were willing make, on an ordered vehicle, with extremely minimal negotiation. Call Grubbs and ask them this is so if you really want the details of why it works for them. Knowing I had to order, and finding out they would discount $1500 without even negotiating, I really could care less why it works for them. It worked for me, and it certainly didn't seem to be an isolated experience between one dealer and one buyer.

Does that include the sales tax and DMV fee? my guess is no, so with those fees add on to it like the OP was asking, its will be close to 35k depends where you live.
OTD figure will vary by location, so stating sticker prices seems much more rational when quoting prices for others. He can figure the added cost over sticker for his area, as most people might do when looking to finance a new car. But the price I paid should serve the purpose of showing that it's going to be very difficult to get OTD for $32K, as that was a fair deal on sticker price for the same model two years prior. Not a lot of base 6MT coupes are out there, so I thought I'd chime in.

I dont know about you or anyone else here but it will take me about two days at my job to make 500 after tax so it is wrothy and time very well spend for entire afternoon of negotiations to get another 500 off.
To each his own, man. When you look at what sort of difference that makes on even a short, 36 month purchase, it's very minimal. So, keeping things in perspective, is it really worth spending all afternoon over a few dollars a month? That's a call that we can all make for ourselves. But truly keep it in perspective and deduct your time, regardless if it's the weekend, etc. Is it worth turning a half-day deal into an all-day deal for what amounts to be maybe $300 when all is said and done? Again, it's a personal choice. I'd rather chip in another $2/month than to have them sweat me out all afternoon over such a relatively paltry amount. I've done it plenty of times, on principal alone... ...which is what has led me to looking at the situation in a more rational way. Time is money. Sitting all day at the dealer cost me half of that $500 in my time, as well as any time I'm missing with the wife and family.

rasetsu - Contact Grubbs for details. Just passing along the offer stated by them and another dealer.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I thought Infiniti is not making 07 coupe, only Sedan. I thought new coupe is coming in 08. Correct me if I am wrong.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbie here..Tips on buying 07 coupe?