G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else stuck?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 04:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone else stuck?

Lucky, It was snow when I was working. I know the G has bad handling in snow, so I keep my G coupe MT in the garage and ask my friend to pick me up. Don't even think of drive your G in snow without winter tires. I ever had very bad experience on my previous IS300. Good luck your guys!!!

Old 12-06-2003, 12:18 PM
G SQUAD

When do you guys think it will be safe to drive the G again if the snow stops on Sunday?? I didnt even take my car out. I parked it in the back of the yard and I m using the company van and the old old school maxima to get me around at this point. I would rather be using my car though

Old 12-06-2003, 04:03 PM

Truthfully I wouldnt drive it on pilots until the winter is over. You never know when there might be more snow and you have leave your car in the parking lot or even worse on the side of the road. Just sped one grand and but yourself a winter setup, its well worth it.

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

Old 12-07-2003, 03:58 PM

My G is sitting snowless in its car port. I dont have snows so i hijak my dads durango which is a beast in the snow. Looks like he's not getting the truck back until the snows gone and most of the salt is somewhat gone

03 6mt black/black

Old 12-07-2003, 06:04 PM

I just ordered a set of 17" infiniti G35 rims from ebay ( $560) and 4 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22's (225/50VR17 in front, 235/50VR17 in the rear) from Tire Rack ($750). I'm hoping this winter set-up will at least make the car drivable this winter. If not ... have to trade it. Sad. Add on an extra $1310 for this car. It would have been nice if the sales guy was a little more honest after my repeated questioning about this car in the winter. At any rate, I hope to have the snow tires on in the next week or two. I'll let everyone know how it works out when the next snow falls. Sucks to have to downgrade from the 18".

Old 12-07-2003, 09:23 PM

i don't know much about SUVs since i never owned one, but i've seen about 3 get owned since this blizzard came. they think they are the [censored] when the bad weather comes down...granted they must perform better, but i guess some drivers just get too cocky thinking they are driving a "beast" and end up smashing into someone else while cornering or spinning out and smashing into the guard rails while turning off an exit lol. makes me laugh.

Old 12-08-2003, 10:08 AM

I have not had such a good Monday morning laugh in a long time.
I too saw some SUVs off the road, and we only got 4-6 inches.

I'm amazed that some of you jackasses have the audacity to curse our fine G when you obviously know nothing about tires.
Get some snow tires , learn to drive in slippery conditions, or get a winter vehicle.

I have a case of kleenex if you need a box to wipe your friggin' tears.

example, " I bought the G35Coupe sportscar because I thought it would be great in the snow", or " I was going to get an old pick-up truck for the winter months but after I saw those warm weather sport tires on the G I knew it would be good in the snow".

Honestly, some of you should read your posts before you click "continue"

LOL, thanks for the laugh, I'm just a little embarrassed to be in the same "club" as some of you.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-08-2003, 11:34 AM

I'm amazed at some of you jacka$$es who think this is a sports car.

Apparently, you haven't read some of the posts here. Let me refer you to "smoked by a new accord!" and "got beat by a mustang GT". We're driving a nice little car that has halfway decent pickup. That's it. Oh, and you can only drive it 6 months out of the year in cold climates.

But I love the suggestion of buying a second vehicle for the winter because Infiniti can't design a car that will run year round ... lets all do that ... great idea.

Honestly, some people should read their posts before they click "continue"

Keep your kleenex for when you're fantasizing about your fine G.

Thanks for the laugh, JD.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:58 PM

Hey Grifter, just because those guys can't drive, re: "smoked by a new accord!" and "got beat by a mustang GT" , or they shouldn't mess with cars that they don't know what is under the hood, doesn't mean our nice little car isn't a sportscar.
Hey, I understand that you are angry because you aren't smart enough to get your car in your driveway. Instead of flaming me, take a break from punching yourself in the ***** and get some snow tires you moron.
On second though, go ahead and complain some more you sissy bitch. It is very constructive.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-08-2003, 01:03 PM

beat me to it jdking. This guy has no clue that its the tires that provide traction to the ground.
Grifter unfortunally there are no super tires yet ... that will handle like pilots in summer and like winter tires when there is snow .... check back in 5 years. In the mean while get those winter tires and stop bitching, what happened to you is all because of your own stupidity.

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

Old 12-08-2003, 01:55 PM

Hmmm... Sounds like I struck a cord ... just cuz a couple guys are honest about how much of a slug this car turned out to be ... don't take it out on me. Keep ricing it up ... you'll get there eventually.

Thanks for the tire 411, guys. lol

Old 12-08-2003, 02:07 PM

lol, the only chord you struck is the one that tells me how much of an *** you are for buying a car you don't like. I'll never "rice up" my ride. I like it just the way it is, that is why I researched it, drove it, then ordered one and bought it.

Do you really own a G35 coupe?

Post again with more intelligent whimsy, please don't leave me hanging...............

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-08-2003, 02:36 PM

Dude, you are too easy. Try anger management. This is just a forum. I'm just messing with you. Relax.

Sure, it's a nice car. It's quick, but you're right in as far as make sure you don't race anyone that has the slightest chance of beating you. Good advice there. Even better to just not race at all. Unfortunately when I ordered the car there wasn't any winter performace info available. I did a fair amount of research on the car's handling in snow. Read every review I could find ... nada. Which is why this forum is so handy to have. Wish I knew of it last February. But there is an issue with Infiniti (at least in my buying experience) and misrepresenting the car. Even as far as changing the name of the option in the paperwork from "Summer tire package" to "Performance wheel and trim" package. Winter driving is always an issue in New England. I should have looked into it further. But it's good to know I'm not the only one out there and maybe all our complaining will help the next guy/girl buying one. Happy Holidays JD.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:55 PM

hey: the only reason i "got smoked be an accord" was because i forgot the vdc button. just check the published 0 to 60 times for our car. we beat alot of stuff. anything running under 6 seconds is a sports car. only reason i posted that entry was because it was out of the ordinary. do think i would post "got smoked by a ferrari"?

Old 12-08-2003, 03:13 PM

The car is not the problem in snow... It is the tires.

2004 IP 6MT BREMBO'S NAVI on order...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else stuck?