Anyone else stuck?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone else stuck?

Grifter,
I'm not the least bit angry Dude.
I'm from Jersey and I have a sensitive bullsh*t meter and your posts push it into the red.
Go race your car, that's fine, I'm just not into street or drag racing, I drive a real race car on road courses. I'd put my G35 against any car in our class on the road course. The last time I was at Summit Point I was passing guys in M3s and Mustangs left and right. They might've been faster cars but were not being driven too well, I wasn't even pushing the G. What does that prove? Nothing at all, just more food for conversation about the different performance aspects of this car.
I am quite surprised to see that you live in New England and did not consider the winter tire scenario, as your own past winter driving experiences must have convinced you that you might need to consider snow tires.
But I digress, maybe this is your first car.
You are right in this forum being helpful, however, I don't see where complaining about not being able to get in your driveway because you are driving in the snow with high performance dry weather tires teaches anyone anything other than snow tires might be needed for winter driving.
A no brainer if you ask me, but then again I have lived my whole life in Jersey where changing to winter tires in late November has been a regular part of vehicle maintainence.
Happy Holidays indeed, every time I look at my G it feels like Christmas morning.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by jdking on 12/08/03 12:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone else stuck?

How good is the coupe in snow?

My wife just drove ours from Northern Vermont to Boston and back yesterday during the northeaster. (I put on 17" Fox %'s and Blazzak LM-22's myself last week).

It took her 13 hours round trip - including quite a few hours tootling around Boston and hanging about the airport. Guess what she said when she came in the door?

" God, I love this car!"

No, it wasn't perfect in those conditions. There was some sliding on icy patches, and some small problems in unplowed areas where because the car has low ground clearance. It doesn't grip like a 4-wheel or all-wheel drive. But the bottom line was that it performed darned well in very crappy conditions, and my wife felt safe.

She enjoyed the trip a lot more than I did - I was very happy to see her home safe and sound.

DG/G 5ATc /LSD/Prem.