G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone else stuck?

Old 12-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else stuck?

So the first snowfall of the year and I had to leave my car on the side of the road [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] I was driving along just fine, then I got to a slight incline... then nada. The car just wouldnt't move. Tok me about a half hour to get it out of the way of traffic. So has anyone else had to leave theer G somewhere?

Old 12-05-2003, 08:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Anyone else stuck?

There were a few I read about last winter, but you're the first one I've heard of this winter, bad luck. It sure doesn't take much snow to get you standed.
Time to invest in (or install) the snows.
Be safe bro
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-05-2003, 08:55 PM

I put on my LM-22's the other day for this snow, no problem on unplowed road about 6 inches of snow even on an incline, I'm really impressed with these tires, even if the slip light come on sometimes the car will go without fishtailing, It also helps starting on 2nd gear..I have LM-22's 18..I saw a honda civic in the ditch, I guess no traction when he applied brakes. One more thing that I like about these tires is when you applied brakes it grabs..really cool, I can drive with confidence on these set..

Old 12-05-2003, 09:06 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey retret, those LM-22's are good winter tires, and a big plus with these rides.
Are they the one's DallyC was selling?
Stay safe, and drive carefully bro
GSM

<font color=red>G</font color=red>S<font color=green>M</font color=green> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 12-05-2003, 09:18 PM

GSedanman, I dont know if Dally is selling it, I ordered mine from TireRack about a month ago when they have stock (I was lucky) I got the staggered size 245 and 225 18's, I tell you this is my first time driving with a snow tire and it does realy makes a BIG difference..

Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 PM

i live in MD and i'm stuck also... my g is in garage for a short break i don't have snow tires and i won't put them on my g since i have 02 accord for winter...

Old 12-05-2003, 09:55 PM

i'm in jersey and i think the G handled pretty well considering what i've read. i don't know about the 18's, but it's not so bad with the 17's. as long as your careful of course.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:42 PM

I got stuck big time ... couldn't get 10 feet up my 1 degree inclined driveway. Pathetic. I thought my old camaro was bad ... traction control my a$$ ... More like no control and less traction. Do I sound bitter? Sure I do ...

Old 12-05-2003, 10:52 PM

I posted about this snow in another thread. One of the guys at work has the 6MT with stock rims. I left early, so I am not sure if he was able to drive back home or left the G in the parking lot. According to what I hear about these tires, he couldn't have gone far in this snow. I wanted to ask him if he knew about how bad these tires are, but I don't know what floor he works on Luckily for me, I have a corolla for the winter...

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:23 PM

Well I went to pick my car up.. and after an hour and a half I got it home. (I was only about a mile from home) I guess I'm gonna have to get the snow tires. I've seen peole say it before, but I didn't think this car would be that bad in the snow. It F'N BLOWS. (FYI I have the 18s w/Pilots) Well I'm just glad my car didn't get damaged, vause there were quite a few close calls. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:29 PM

Anybody that complains about vdc doesnt have snow tires. Get snows and you WILL be fine. Pilots are NOT snow tires, they are for dry and wet, warm traction ONLY.

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

Old 12-05-2003, 11:34 PM

Grifter,
I feel ya. I parked my car in the driveway (slight incline) after I just shoveled and salted it, I then went to move it just to get it out of the way a little, friggin thing wouldn't move.

Old 12-06-2003, 01:09 AM

I picked up my 6mt G last January and figured... same as you... I'll get around in the snow... I'll just go slow! Wrong. I got stock in 1" of slush and couldn't move. But, I figured it was late January, no sense in getting snows. So whenever it snowed the rest of the winter, the G stayed home. Last week I put on 4 Blizzak Lm22's from TireRack (thanks Luke) and today I was out and about with absolutely no problem in 6 inches of fresh fallen snow, and in one area section that looked like center ice at MSG. I even went X-Mas shopping to the mall tonite because I had that much confidence in the car with these tires. What a difference! And anyone who thinks that then can drive this car without snows is kidding themselves and destined to wind up on the side of the road looking foolish. Get snows and be safe.

Old 12-06-2003, 02:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I'm just stuck at home.

;-)

Didn't even bother to start the car this morning. Tomorrow morning I'll brush off the snow from the car and start it up...but that's it....I won't even bother putting it in gear until the snow fall stops and I can clearly see the asphalt. Hopefully, I'll get my snow tires and wheels early next week and have 'em mounted, balanced, and installed ASAP!

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 12-06-2003, 04:13 AM

Lucky, It was snow when I was working. I know the G has bad handling in snow, so I keep my G coupe MT in the garage and ask my friend to pick me up. Don't even think of drive your G in snow without winter tires. I ever had very bad experience on my previous IS300. Good luck your guys!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else stuck?