G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

almost died today.. omg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
almost died today.. omg

OMG. G35 AT Coupe SUCKS IN THE SNOW!

I had the worst day today.. I went to NY today to go do something and it started snowing there. It got really heavy and before i knew it the road was slippery, and then everything began.. My car was just gliding and drifting. this car has zero traction on the snow. I actually lost control hit the side really bad on the railings of a bridge but thankfully there was no damage. its not like i was going fast. i was going less than 20MPH the whole time.. Anyway i got to a stop light and got stuck.. when i tried to move the car will drift and spin and go into other lanes(scary), so i stopped and called 911. The cops came and helped me push it to the side of the road.. Anyway i called a towing company, they came over, the guy said my axle or some [censored] was lose and they could fix it asap in 5mins and i'll be fine in snow(im dumb.. nobody ever told me g35 handled badly in snow so i didnt expect it), anyway he told me it'll cost $50 so i agreed.. Anyway i got in the tow truck, went back to their shop and the guy then said it would take 4 days to fix my axle and i would have to leave my car there.(the garage was ghetto), anyway i refused and he said okay i would have to pay $300 for the towing from where i was stuck to their shop(less than 5mins drive), i was like WTF. anyway he wouldnt bulge and after arguing for hours i ended up paying $250. i felt like an idiot.. Anyway i finally decided to drive back to jersey.. OH my F*cking lord. I almost died a gazillion times today.. My car had 0 control, my brakes froze,(anti lock didnt do anything), i cant beleive any car can handle this badly.. I saw other $2-3k cars cruising at 20-40mph on the snow and i felt bad gliding through the road at less than 10mph and barely keeping control. Anyway at some point i was doing like 5mph, i hit the brake slowly, nothing happened.. next thing i know my car just slid into the next lane and a guy hit me from behind(luckily no damage), and he just let me go for free. Anyway i left for teaneck NJ which is usually a 30min drive from NY at about 11am. I got to jersey by 7pm.. A very very bad day.. I dont know what to say..

I got a $40k car and almost got killed because it unexpectedly snowed..
Im not waiting any longer to get snow tires. Guys if you havent put snow tires dont fcking attempt to drive this car in snow.. You will die..lol

Goodluck.. PHEW i feel better now after whinning to you guys.lol

Old 12-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: almost died today.. omg

sorry to hear about your bad experience, glad your ok....

just one question.. whats "snow"???

(live in Florida)

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 12-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

see this is why i'm waiting till after it's done snowing to get mine. Course then I'm moving to Florida shortly after.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn man, sorry to hear about your day. I am glad you made it back alive, sorry you got ripped by the scum tow truck Co. tho. Another reason I am glad I live in Arizona.

2004 Coupe, 5AT, Twilight blue / Willow int. Clear corners, Hypers. 18's, Aero, tint, Pemium.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:34 PM

Snow? .... we got sand... where do i pick some of this stuff up, must see it!

lol
Yeah, the tires on our car are made for hot sitcky semi dry enviroments, the pilots are horrible in the cold, let alone on snow... that's flirting with disaster bro... u should have gotten them changed already we are in december!

Peace
-Eric
"Safe winter driving to those not 150 miles within the southern most point of the continental usa, glad i don't have to deal with it!"

'03.5 Silver/Black | Prem | Perf | Aero | Stillen Hi-Flow | Z -Tube | Grounding Kit | Nismo Oil/Radiator Caps | Solid Allum Pedals | Diamond Matts | Tints | Valentine1 | Hide-Away License Plate!

Old 12-05-2003, 10:34 PM

gotta check the weather now 2fast. this storm was predicted for about a week i think. i was driving home from work, i saw a g35 coupe on rt46, i was quite surprised to see one driving in the snow. i specifically ordered my g to come after this snow season so i don't have to buy snow tires till next winter. if you wanna take your g35 around in the snow. buy a set of snow tires and put a bunch of heavy things in your trunk. you should be fine after that. drive safely man, i have a feeling this winter is gonna be rough for you as well as all the other g owners in this area.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad ur okay. Not only G35 coupe that handles bad in snow...so does all the RWD cars. And you shouldn't even attemp driving in the snow without the so-called snow tires. Anyway i will never see snow over here so I don't have to worry about that.

2004 G35 Coupe 5AT
Black/Graphite Ltr
Tire Pkg

Old 12-05-2003, 10:49 PM

Yeah, especially coupes with the 18s package Pilot Sports... I just got my 17s with Perelli wintersport 210, and i was driving 80km/h on the highway covered with snows, no problems.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:59 PM

I had a totally different experience today. I put my blizzak ws50s on yesterday (you can see the pic under my profile) in anticipation of this storm. When this morning I had doubts about being able to drive this car even on snow tires, now I can say that it was great! It handled better than my v6 accord with all seasons did. I was able to drive 30-40 mph in heavy deep snow no problem, and taking turns at about 10mph was easy. The vdc and abs work great on this car! When I kept it under 2500rpm all was great. When I accelerated faster the spil light would show sometimes, a lot when I was testing the capabilities of the setup but ......... even then the vdc did such a great job that the car kept pretty straight. I was able to climb pretty steep hills. There have been scenerious when I have seen those big suvs making slaloms while getting going and I was perfectly fine. That said I know that this car can handle this hard winter. The blizzaks are great! for $1050 total for this winter setup it was soooo worth it. Anybody that doesnt have snows and lives in north east or anywhere else where it snows ...... GET SNOW TIRES!!!!

p.s. I have one G that aint scared of the white stuff, let it snow

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

Old 12-05-2003, 11:03 PM

2fast, not so fast .

Seriously, sorry to hear about your bad experience, and I wish you had stopped somewhere, instead of trying to get back to Jersey.

I wish you came to the forum sooner, since this topic has been covered many times, and people who intend to drive in snow have gotten their snow tires. I hope you will go out and buy a set of snow tires if you are planning to drive your G in snow.

I have a question to everyone else though. Someone in this thread mentioned that these tires are horrible in cold weather. Does this mean that I can't drive my G if the temperature is below certain temperature, even if there is no snow? I thought it was only snow that we had to worry about.

Thanks.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:11 PM

I have driven my pilots up until today. So temperatures have been down to about 28 at the coldest, I have 18k miles on them. I found that they are fine but you gotta take it easier on them and allow to warm up.

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

Old 12-05-2003, 11:26 PM

let me get this straight. you hit the guard rails, and someone hit you, but there was no damage in either case? funny.

as i've said, i don't know about the 18's, but the all season 17's aren't that bad in the snow. i was pretty confident driving home.

Old 12-06-2003, 12:36 AM

i drove today with my 18 pilots 6MT for the first time in the snow.. it was pretty crazy! Call me crazy.. but i had fun I also turned a lot of heads.. seems as if this car has better traction in reverse.. so i went through the parking lot of work in reverse.. the whole way. (My car got stuck in a pile of snow and couldn't go out). I got on the highway and i was fine, going slow.. until i got to a SLIGHT incline.. and then all hell broke lose.. but i still had fun..

My Sedan held out O.K though.

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT - Premium ]| Aero |[ Bose ]| Z-Tube |[
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT - Premium ]| AeroKit |[ Spoiler ]|

Best of both worlds

Old 12-06-2003, 12:37 AM

btw.. Traction Control pissed me off.. so i turned it off.

(Yes.. i'm crazy )

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT - Premium ]| Aero |[ Bose ]| Z-Tube |[
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT - Premium ]| AeroKit |[ Spoiler ]|

Best of both worlds

Old 12-06-2003, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man... be safe u guys... phewww lucky i dont have to go thro that!

im in CA, i miss snow... hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: almost died today.. omg