G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Free OIL changes?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free OIL changes?!?

Hey everyone...thanks for your replies to my previous questions....

I was also wondering what the percentage of people actually got a certificate for free oil changes for life from there Infiniti dealerships?

When i was at a dealership i was watching someone purchase a G35 coupe and the salesman gave them a cert. for FREE oil changes. I thought only Audi and BMW offered this on there cars....this sounds like a plus if an Infiniti dealership is offering this!!

--
motorious23

Old 12-11-2003, 02:47 AM
Re: Free OIL changes?!?

The bastards at Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn New York didnt give it to me.

They offered it to me only if I handed them the 'survey' UNFILLED that Infiniti Customer relations sends out after the sale of a car.

I knew it was fishy but I went along with it because I am satisfied with my purchase entirely. The only disappointment I had was this because it then makes me question the actual integrity of my Infiniti dealership.

Screw all those JD statistics because if the dealers are the ones writing their own reports then statistics will always be in their favor.

I paid sticker price for my 04 G35. There was absolutely no budge by the dealer on it. Did I get ripped?

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV).
No Mods.....yet

Old 12-11-2003, 09:17 AM

I only got 3 free oil changes.

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT-BS/BLK-Full Aero-Navi (brought)
1997 BMW 540ia M5 Bumper with Angle Eyes (sold) I miss that 325TQ

Old 12-11-2003, 09:30 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I paid sticker price for my 04 G35. There was absolutely no budge by the dealer on it. Did I get ripped?

<hr></blockquote>

I , too, paid sticker and rec'd no oil changes. However, in reading this thread, I am going to talk to my salesperson again, and use the survey as some negotiating power. They told me that if I can't answer every question with an "excellent", to call them to discuss....we'll see what happens.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:35 AM

I get 1 free oil change when the time comes, I'm not at 3,700 miles yet. But I did get 3 free full tanks of gas

Old 12-11-2003, 11:04 AM

I have free oil changes for life as long as 1) I take it to the dealer that I purchased the G from, (unfortunately it’s 50 mi away) and 2) I perform all their recommended maintenance, meaning that when I took it in for the 7500 mi check up I paid for that entire service minus the cost of the oil change. I’m ok with #2 as long as they don’t start recommending service that differs from the standard service at 15k, 30k, etc. If they start recommending things I don’t agree with I’ll have to start changing my own oil…

03.5 5AT Sedan
<font color=black> Black on Graphite / Prem / Sport / Winter / Tint / Aero Package </font color=black>

Old 12-11-2003, 11:57 AM

when i negotiated the price of my car, i got 2 years of oil changes for free...and they bribed me with a tank of gas and a full detail if i brought my survey in to them...i brought my girlfriend along when i brought the survey in to the salesman....as we were filling it out, the salesman handed me a survey that was already filled out and wanted mines to look exactly like his...my girlfriend then asked him, "isn't that cheating?"....haha

Old 12-11-2003, 12:35 PM

my dealership never even mentioned the survey, Still didn't get any free oil changes. the only things i got for free where the keychain, and the pen that came with the manual

04, 6mt, Twilight Blue, Premium, Aero

Old 12-11-2003, 01:00 PM

By the way even if you fill out the survey and hand it in as the dealer wants, theres a number on the back of the survey which should be kept in your phonebook. The number for Infiniti Consumer Affairs 800-662-6200.

Just in case some time down the line you should feel the need to give Infiniti a truthful survey. All calls are confidential and your identity is not revealed to your dealership unless you give them permission to.

'04 G coupe TB Graph 5A (all options except NAV).
No Mods.....yet

Old 12-11-2003, 01:17 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This survey sure seems to be BS. I to was "greased" to hand in the survey to the dealer. It looks like this is a common practice from the comments on this thread. Shows how dishonest the dealers are (no surprise!); they even lie to their own corporate parent.
As far as getting free oil changes for a number of years or life, I assume that is something that has to be negotiated along with the price of the car. The dealer probably would give you some paper documenting this and it surely would only be good at the dealer where you purchased.
Here is a negotiating tip: Some dealers have the finance guy try to sell prepaid oil changes to you at the close; so if you ask for this up front with the salesman as part of the deal, you may get it thrown in.

Old 12-11-2003, 01:20 PM
G SQUAD

Hey I got a free first service for my car when I purchased it from Atlantic Infiniti. I also paid over MSRP. Instead of paying $37,615, I ended up paying $38,615. There was no explanation for this price either. This car was like the type that they would just not give a sh*t if you didnt want it because they knew someone else would come in and take it right away...Oh well

Old 12-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

I paid MSRP (Infiniti of Tampa) and got one free oil change at 3750 miles and a free checkup at 1000 miles. They also said that if I brought in my completed survey, they would give me some sort of t-shirt, or coffee mug, etc.

'04 G35s 6MT Diamond Graphite/Graphite

Old 12-11-2003, 04:34 PM

I'm currently due for an oil change so I called my salesperson up at Infiniti. He told me to bring in the survey and he'd hook me up with free service every 7500 miles and free oil change. There are a couple things I personally would like to fill out, such as the fact they messed up on the contract about 5 times so I had to sign it over and over again on different occasions. So, here's what I'm gonna do. Ask for free service and oil change every 3000 or so miles in-retun for the entire survey or a partially completed survey for the 7500 miles service. It's a win win situation on my part so it doesn't matter. Hope it works.

2004 Blk/Blk Coupe - Navi, Premium

Old 12-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

deng, i didn't know that survey was that valuable. my salesman gave me the guilt trip about the survey, saying that if i didn't score everything as excellent that he'd really like to talk about it and doesn't want to lose his job over it. oh well, now i know.

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 12-11-2003, 08:09 PM

I also got free lifetime oil changes, but it wasn't free. Initialy they wanted over $800 - but I was able to negotiate it down for less than half. I calculated that after 3 years of ownership and having oil changed every 3 months at $30 a pop, after that it will be free so I agreed.

As far as the survey, I was promised to get a free tank of gas if I give them excellent marks...... The problem was that while my car was in service (at Miller Infiniti), someone somehow left black pen makrs on the driver's seat. I don't know if anyone knows this, but pen marks (black in particular) is almost impossible to remove from leather. The dealer had to re-dye some spots on the seat and as the end result, it was impossible to tell where it happened.

So for the survey, I wrote what happened and gave them very good reviews due to how they handled the problem. Although I must admit, if it wasn't for the free tank of gas, I would have wrote much worst things.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free OIL changes?!?