G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

carbon fiber hood installed *pic*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: carbon fiber hood installed *pic* UPDATED

O.K. Why do people have CF hoods, does it save weight ? If that is the case of saving a few Lbs, then the person driving the car can loose some weight. Why do people do that It, why mess up a good thing ?

Peace.

Old 12-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Carbon Fiber hoods are inherently lighter than any OEM steel and or aluminum hood out on the market today. They can weigh up and over 75% less than your OEM hood, savings you a considerable amount of front-end weight. Its high rigidity and durability also makes it an ideal candidate for race and off road use. Lastly, its ability to withstand and not retain heat, such as steel and aluminum hoods do, can help reduce under hood temperature by as much as 25-30%. All these factors are a plus for any automotive enthusiast / tuner.

Then we have the "cool factor" Lets face it - whether you like it or not, Carbon Fiber is some cool stuff. I remember when I was looking into Carbon Fiber hoods for my M3 and they were selling for over $2500, so to think you can get one now for less than a third of that price, is an incredible thing!

As for your statement "Why do people do that It, why mess up a good thing ?" You can ask all the people who have removed their emblems and or swapped them with JDM ones the same question. As well as all the people who have tinted their windows, changed to clear corners, put a set of aluminum pedals, swapped their grills . . . .

In two words - Personal preference!

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 12-14-2003, 06:45 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ducati, you cannot compare someone who tints his windows, puts different rims on or put on pedals to someone who changes his PAINTED car into a monstrousity, but putting a different colored hood on. Even though I also hate the emblem swaps, I think they are far less hideous and as offensive as the hood swaps. The last thing I want cops to think is that my car is a new kid hot rod. Mods like this alter the way people think about em, me included. That "cool factor" is also true - but not plastered all over the car in different colors than the natural paint. It just becomes an eyesore. I just saw an RSX the other day with a CF hood and CF fenders, it was about the dumbest thing I've seen on the road recently. Besides those hideous mods, the rest of the car was TIGHT. It was very nicely done and had a quasi-sleeper look to it. The cf just looked plain bad, but it was an RSX, so I didn't think twice about the 18 year old behind the wheel.

Now how about crash standards? Normal hoods buckle at proper places on impact to make sure there is no chance of the hood coming into the passenger compartment. Have these hoods been tested? Any chance of retaining hardware pulling loose of the CF and becoming a projectile?

I think these thinks are PASSABLE on a black car and get more progressively ugly until you end up on the white or red one. It really looks like a scrapyard hood that's yet to be painted. Now, if your argument were to hold water about people only wanting it for its weight savings, then they'd start painting them. But the fact is that people put these on to show off. What they're showing I don't know - maybe a lack in aesthetical taste? ;>)

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit + Hyper Grounded
FX35 Blk/Brick Tech pkg
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and
emotional maturity." - Sigmond Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Old 12-14-2003, 07:55 PM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

If I were in the market for a used coupe, the last thing I would buy is one with a bunch of body mods. On a 7 or 8 year old honda or nissan, body kits may enhance the value of a car. On a new G35, the mods scream out to a potential buyer "this car has the shi$# driven out of it".

If you really like the look of a body kit piece, save the original so you can swap back should you choose to sell. This line of logic is similar with Harleys. Lots of people mod their bikes but they save the stock pieces because the value drops without the stock parts. Similarily, an original condition mint shape 70's 240Z is many times higher in value than a mint shape mate with body kit parts.

I think this car screams out class and is beautiful right out of the showroom. Most of the aftermarket body pieces look like cheap glue on plastic to me.

From Sovietcanuckistan.

Old 12-14-2003, 08:04 PM

i couldn't agree more. it's absolutely ridiculous.

Old 12-14-2003, 08:37 PM

What is the site for me to chek out the price of that Carbon Fiber hood and also ordering it?
can anyone tell me who makes it? thank you

Old 12-14-2003, 08:42 PM

well im not much into body kits and making our cars look cheezy, but i think this hood looks great, even on white, from the first time i saw the red stillen G with a CF hood I thought it looked great. i wonder how it would look on silver, hey siiing if you ever want to sell it let me know. dont worry about the haters, especially those that probably dont even have a G, to each his own, i personally buy a car to enjoy it---not worry about what might happen if i try to sell it later, who gives a [censored].

03 BS/Graph 6MT Prem Cp
19" Gunny TE37 275/30 MichPSports
kg/mm springs
camber rods
injenCAI/SES
Alpine/JL/Stinger
2Din

Old 12-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Re: carbon fiber hood installed *pic*

I think it looks great..i'd get one if the price was right

2004 G35c Twilight Blue/black 6MT
Aero Package -- Splash Guards -- Premium -- Trunk Mat

Old 12-14-2003, 10:33 PM

why was this hood free?

Old 12-15-2003, 12:26 AM

Wow. Never seen the G with a Black cap Looking good with the CF hood, don't mind what all these haters saying, do whatever you like to your car, i'm sure they would give ur car a second look before they said anything negative anyway.

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero

Old 12-15-2003, 12:26 AM

Wow. Never seen the G with a Black cap Looking good with the CF hood, don't mind what all these haters saying, do whatever you like to your car, i'm sure they would give ur car a second look before they said anything negative anyway.

04 DG Coupe, Prem Package, Aero

Old 12-15-2003, 12:27 AM

I want CF doors, and only the doors because I want to look like I'm cool like a MotherF*cker. Infact I want to CF my whole entire G so that I can look like a dumb f*ck on my Street.

Freedom of speech to all the dumb MotherF*ckers out there.

Oh ya, I'm definetely on some sh*t tonight.

Old 12-15-2003, 01:18 AM

I only like carbon fiber on white, as opposed to black like Ducati. =)

I think it looks pretty sweet from the pics, except for the major defects. I'm not into them myself, and would never consider getting one, but as to looks, its not so bad. I think the point here is: to each his own.

We all buy G's around here, with the same choices in gearbox, color, trim, and what not. But its after we make the car like we really WANT it, it becomes ours. Each of us puts time into caring for it, and prizes their G; and THEN it becomes OUR personal G, not just some G35 on the street.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 12-15-2003, 10:15 AM

Hey, if the guy wants a hood he can do "Dukes of Hazzard" slides across let him be. He can also put up his fatazz bitchez on his hood for photos without worrying about the dents.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-15-2003, 12:33 PM

Some the replys listed here have been retarded... I dont like the way hood looks but thats just my taste... But, dont worry bro i dont think your insulting my g coupe... like some of the offended people on this bored that to me are just retarded... and probaly have no life...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: carbon fiber hood installed *pic*