G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

'07 Coupe, MT, Aero, Price??? Help please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
it's funny reading some of the responses here...I'm in the car business and i can see why some people come in with such rediculous ideas...People, the internet is just a guide...you cannot buy a car online....you cannot buy a vehicle based on the invoice you find online. That is pure invoice, which is straight from the factory...now, once it runs thru a distributor, there's a fee added to the invoice...and then there's marketing fees from manufacturers and distributors that will be added to the invoice...and there are other fees charged to the vehicle, NOT BY THE DEALERSHIP, and they're added to the invoice...funny how everyone thinks a dealership makes $5000-$10,000 everytime they sell a car...and everyone thinks a salesperson makes $500 or $1000 everytime he/she sells a car....ask any salesman how much their "MINI" is at any dealership....I do think MSRP is very fair...for example, if one of my salespersons here sells a brand new Toyota Yaris MSRP at $14,500, and they sell it at sticker price, the dealership here would be lucky to make $500 off that car at that price...and the salesperson would get a MINI of $100...

trust me when I say that most dealership will not let you walk out if there's a deal there...at least not the large dealerships...we sell over 800 vehicles at our dealership, and we take everything that any of the other dealerships would...very very very seldom do we let a customer go and they buy at another dealership for cheaper....if anything, cheaper is by $50-100...which breaks down to about $2 per month...if you can't afford $50-$100 on a $20/$30k car, then you can't afford that car at all...

I'm a believer that your time is more valuable than money. I do my research, then find the car, and go and buy it....I don't understand why people would goto 3-4 different dealerhips and spend days and weeks trying to save a hundred bux...

here's a rule of thumb, most vehicles in the teens have a mark up of probably about 4%-6%...cars from $20k-$30k about $5%-10%; $30k-50k probably about 8%-11%...and $50k+, well most of those cars, good luck on getting that much off, cuz if you need that much off to buy that car, then you can't afford it...
Please don't listen to this guy. Dealers want you to think they are losing money on the deal - give me a break. Dealerships are a BUSINESS, they would not knowingly go into the negative on a car or they would be long gone. Dealers get plenty of "kick backs" from the manufacturer to make up for the difference - of course they deny any such thing and will assure you that they are "losing money" on the deal. If you don't go in there with a low ball offer, and stand firm, you will never get a good price. I helped my mom get an excellent deal on a new Toyota Camry that was under invoice after tax, license, and all other fees - and this is on a popular brand new car. I agree that it's not worth spending all day to save $100, but I do think it's worth finding a dealership that you LIKE.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 AM
In this particular case here some said to offer invoice -1500 which is what the dealer was getting back persobally thats why i prefer selling used cars at my familys dealership. people walk in and automatically think that we are screwing them why should a dealership that employs around 20 people probably more for most infiniti dealerships sell a car for a 500 dollar profit. look at it this way the sales man you talk to gets paid the lot boy that got the car gets paid the finance guy gets paid the manager you talked to gets paid the General manager gets paid the wash boy gets paid. now all those people get paid from you buying a car for a 500 profit what does that leave for the dealer principal (owner) not a hell of a lot and if they sell lets say 30 cars a month at a 500 profit thats 150K then think about all the expenses there are and there is not much left at all

Old 04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CERTAUTOG35
In this particular case here some said to offer invoice -1500 which is what the dealer was getting back persobally thats why i prefer selling used cars at my familys dealership. people walk in and automatically think that we are screwing them why should a dealership that employs around 20 people probably more for most infiniti dealerships sell a car for a 500 dollar profit. look at it this way the sales man you talk to gets paid the lot boy that got the car gets paid the finance guy gets paid the manager you talked to gets paid the General manager gets paid the wash boy gets paid. now all those people get paid from you buying a car for a 500 profit what does that leave for the dealer principal (owner) not a hell of a lot and if they sell lets say 30 cars a month at a 500 profit thats 150K then think about all the expenses there are and there is not much left at all
, You make it sound like revenue dealership have is exclusively from sells of the car.

Dont tell me that they dont have 400% or more mark up on alarm the dealer sells/installs, probably more on fabric/leather/paint protections, how about mark up on tinting, clearbra, lojack...ect, I am so sure that they sell extend warranty/service contract at cost? there is also no profit from parts dept. at all, and they are lossing tons money from service dept, not to mention the finance dept, like they dont get kick backs of some kind from lending company for the loans thru dealerships.

On top of all that? lets assume for a New York minute, that the so call invoice is actually what dealer pay for the car, and they dont get any other bouns/incentives from manufactures at all, for everyone of us who pay at or near invoice? there are probably 5 others who pay at or near MSRP.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Happy Ending

Well, I have a happy ending to my dealing on an 07 6MT. I found the exact vehicle I wanted and was able to get it for $34k out the door. The sticker on the car was $38,900 and included Premium, Aero, and Active Rear Steering. I didn't want Nav since I'm just going to use it for a fun car now and then driving in town. All in all, I'm excited to get it. How long should you drive these things calm before you start giving them some gas?

P.S. I'm so glad I got a new one of these before the 08s came out! Yeah!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 09:04 AM
i never said anything about service departments and parts there are no kick backs from banks becasue mostly all the cars go thru infiniti and a 400% mark up on alarms are you kdding maybe they double their money but no 400% and warranties arent as cheap as you think. look into how much it cost to own a dealership especially an infiniti dealership and tell me that dealers should sell cars for 500 over cost

Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CERTAUTOG35
i never said anything about service departments and parts there are no kick backs from banks becasue mostly all the cars go thru infiniti and a 400% mark up on alarms are you kdding maybe they double their money but no 400% and warranties arent as cheap as you think. look into how much it cost to own a dealership especially an infiniti dealership and tell me that dealers should sell cars for 500 over cost
Hahaha...Of course you wont mention them, cus they are huge money maker for the dealership, selling cars just to generating more potential profit for other depts...lets see, the alarm itself might be 50 bucks and couple hours of labor, I am sure dealership is paying someone 120 bucks per hour to do it and they want it for 400 bucks? you can get a same one at Best Buy for 100 bucks installed...againg, selling cars isnt dealership only source of revenue! but if they dont make money from 500 over invoice? please tell us why they would sell them at those price? even below it, maybe tax write off or kindess of their heart? ...Like you said before? "if there is a deal? they will do it", I am sure your or any other dealership isnt lossing money by doing any deal.

look into how much it cost to own a dealership especially an infiniti dealership and tell me that dealers should sell cars for 500 over cost
Can it be more than Lexus dealership? How come Lexus dealerships are willing to sell their IS and GS below invoice?

Last edited by limeg35; 04-14-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:59 PM
in my area the lexus dealers (2) same owner and i know him and his family well do not sell cars under invoice for the reason that they dont have to they are the only ones around. infinitis there is a lot more competition and obviously why else would any one be in buisness other than to MAKE MONEY but it isnt that easy and everyone thinks that dealers make so much money and are screwing you

Old 04-14-2007, 04:45 PM
When i got my car, i got a really good deal since we knew the manager. I asked my salesperson how much he made on my deal he said 100 bucks hes like "im not joking" we didnt make anything on your deal.

BUT he told me on average on regular sales besides me he makes between 23 or 33% commission. I dont know the exact numbers he told me.

BTW, who ever said dealers make only 500 dollars on car sales is WRONGGGGGG!!!!! Why would they run a mutli million dollar business for only 500-1500 profit, doesnt make sense to me in a business perspective.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by bearcat
Well, I have a happy ending to my dealing on an 07 6MT. I found the exact vehicle I wanted and was able to get it for $34k out the door. The sticker on the car was $38,900 and included Premium, Aero, and Active Rear Steering. I didn't want Nav since I'm just going to use it for a fun car now and then driving in town. All in all, I'm excited to get it. How long should you drive these things calm before you start giving them some gas?

P.S. I'm so glad I got a new one of these before the 08s came out! Yeah!!!
34K OTD?? That's impossible! I think you meant pre-tax price. But if its true, PM your dealers name and I'll catch the next flight to buy a G.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:39 AM
By OTD I mean no extra fees, doc fees, etc. Yeah, unfortunately I still have to go to the courthouse and pay probably $3k in tax/licensing. Lovely.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by bearcat
By OTD I mean no extra fees, doc fees, etc. Yeah, unfortunately I still have to go to the courthouse and pay probably $3k in tax/licensing. Lovely.
Now that sounds about right. Usually, OTD price is after fees, taxes, etc... .

That's not bad to settle at $34k before OTD price for prem, aero, and rear active steer. I estimate your OTD price after fees and taxes will be $36k-$37K depending where you live.

I paid $250 under invoice on my base '06 6MT coupe last summer. It came with two options: trunk mat and splash guards. The OTD was $33,600.

VA stealership offered me a 6MT coupe with only premium package for $35.5k before OTD price. So OTD price was going to be around $37k. Sales guy was going to bring down the price on it a little but I knew it was still a rip off.

I was walking out the door after that offer and they pulled me back in with a base coupe model offer. I am satisfied with my OTD price. I love my G

Congrats on your new G!

Old 04-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm happy with the deal...I ended up getting it for $1600 under invoice. Unfortunately the state I live in rips you dealer with taxes/licensing. What do you do? I'm getting the G from a different state as I wanted to get Laser Red/Wheat and talking to about 25 different dealers, they aren't making any more 07s and this is the last 6MT in the country with that combo. Needless to say I'm happy because I GOT IT!!!

BTW: Does anyone know about what percentage of Gs have active rear steering???