G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

'07 Coupe, MT, Aero, Price??? Help please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Coupe, MT, Aero, Price??? Help please.

Hey guys, I'm looking around for an '07 MT Coupe and the best price I've seen so far is $35,500+TTL. It has the premium package,aero package and the rear active steer package. The MSRP is $38900. I'm just wondering if there are better deals to be had for 2 reasons...1) Invoice on the car is $35,500 and there is also a $1500 cash to dealer incentive going on now as well until 4/30. 2) One only knows how the release of the 08s are going to affect pricing on the 07. One must know that they are purchasing an old body style from the get-go. What do you all think about this? I know many of you have purchased below invoice and know your knowledge would be a wealth of information for me. Thank you in advance.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:22 PM
subtract the 1500$ from the invoice price and offer that price

34K + 5% + destination fee.

Walk in confidently and make them understand they have a quick easy sale if they accept your offer and do not haggle with them, be firm.

Any dealer knows that 5% is a great profit for a quick less then 30 minute sale.

BUT BE SURE TO CHECK ALL NUMBERS BEFORE YOU SIGN!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Thank you for the reply. If I go with 34K + 5% + destination fee, that's already more than what I've been quoted on my initial visit. So it's a good deal then? Should I be trying to get some of that $1500 incentive from the dealer as well?

Originally Posted by KB8jumpman

Walk in confidently and make them understand they have a quick easy sale if they accept your offer and do not haggle with them, be firm.

Any dealer knows that 5% is a great profit for a quick less then 30 minute sale.

Old 04-09-2007, 03:58 PM
well invoice price is cost price of 35500. But the price they PAID is 34K which is 35500-1500. So basically u are getting ALL of the 1500$.

And offer the 5% BEFORE you add the 700$ destination fee.

If thats what your quoted from the start I would be very suspicious and make sure you review the numbers. Because no dealership will ask that low of a price from the start, but most will gladly accept it if offered. I cant stress enough to check the numbers on the contract before you sign because last week when I went to go sign on my 07 coupe they increased the money factor thinking I would not find out since money factor is not listed on a lease contract but I knew exactly how to figure it out using the numbers given and it was close to 10% when I was quoted 5.3%.

Basically I went earlier today to pick up my deposit. DAMN YOU KINGS INFINITI IN BROOKLYN, NY.

Any suggestions for other dealerships that wont give me problems in NYC, sorry to threadjack!

Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I think I will wait a couple weeks and let them sit on it as if others on here can get them for less than invoice already, surely I will be able to as this model is being phased out.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by bearcat
I think I will wait a couple weeks and let them sit on it as if others on here can get them for less than invoice already, surely I will be able to as this model is being phased out.

don't be too sure..you never know what supply/demand brings

Old 04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by BadBoy06
don't be too sure..you never know what supply/demand brings

hes right, with this 15 month lease, they are selling quick

Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Exactly, I would think week by week the dealerships are going to be trying to figure out ways to move them, and surely that means a price reduction.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check edmunds.com for the invoice price. try to get $1k below that or close.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by KB8jumpman

5% over invoice is way to generous for this time of year, rgiht at invoice is more like it(plus any incentive)...by your math, it comes to 36415, which is more than OP have gotten already!...and that 35.5k + TTL its include the destination charge already, why would you tell him to add it again?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
this is just something that a lot of dealers that i do buisness with are saying everyone goes in and wants to pay what the dealer pays but what happens when the dealers dont make money anymore and go out no one can buy a car from there and then competition decreases and drives prices up would you guys work to not make money? or even lose money after commisions and stuff?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by bearcat
Exactly, I would think week by week the dealerships are going to be trying to figure out ways to move them, and surely that means a price reduction.
its not the way it works. my dealership in particular moves vehicles quickly but its just like any other business -- if you give anything away how would you pay the employees and the overhead?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:10 PM
it's funny reading some of the responses here...I'm in the car business and i can see why some people come in with such rediculous ideas...People, the internet is just a guide...you cannot buy a car online....you cannot buy a vehicle based on the invoice you find online. That is pure invoice, which is straight from the factory...now, once it runs thru a distributor, there's a fee added to the invoice...and then there's marketing fees from manufacturers and distributors that will be added to the invoice...and there are other fees charged to the vehicle, NOT BY THE DEALERSHIP, and they're added to the invoice...funny how everyone thinks a dealership makes $5000-$10,000 everytime they sell a car...and everyone thinks a salesperson makes $500 or $1000 everytime he/she sells a car....ask any salesman how much their "MINI" is at any dealership....I do think MSRP is very fair...for example, if one of my salespersons here sells a brand new Toyota Yaris MSRP at $14,500, and they sell it at sticker price, the dealership here would be lucky to make $500 off that car at that price...and the salesperson would get a MINI of $100...

trust me when I say that most dealership will not let you walk out if there's a deal there...at least not the large dealerships...we sell over 800 vehicles at our dealerhip, and we take everything that any of the other dealerships would...very very very seldom do we let a customer go and they buy at another dealership for cheaper....if anything, cheaper is by $50-100...which breaks down to about $2 per month...if you can't afford $50-$100 on a $20/$30k car, then you can't afford that car at all...

I'm a believer that your time is more valuable than money. I do my research, then find the car, and go and buy it....I don't understand why people would goto 3-4 different dealerhips and spend days and weeks trying to save a hundred bux...

here's a rule of thumb, most vehicles in the teens have a mark up of probably about 4%-6%...cars from $20k-$30k about $5%-10%; $30k-50k probably about 8%-11%...and $50k+, well most of those cars, good luck on getting that much off, cuz if you need that much off to buy that car, then you can't afford it...

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 04-11-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
it's funny reading some of the responses here...I'm in the car business and i can see why some people come in with such rediculous ideas...People, the internet is just a guide...you cannot buy a car online....you cannot buy a vehicle based on the invoice you find online. That is pure invoice, which is straight from the factory...now, once it runs thru a distributor, there's a fee added to the invoice...and then there's marketing fees from manufacturers and distributors that will be added to the invoice...and there are other fees charged to the vehicle, NOT BY THE DEALERSHIP, and they're added to the invoice...funny how everyone thinks a dealership makes $5000-$10,000 everytime they sell a car...and everyone thinks a salesperson makes $500 or $1000 everytime he/she sells a car....ask any salesman how much their "MINI" is at any dealership....I do think MSRP is very fair...for example, if one of my salespersons here sells a brand new Toyota Yaris MSRP at $14,500, and they sell it at sticker price, the dealership here would be lucky to make $500 off that car at that price...and the salesperson would get a MINI of $100...

trust me when I say that most dealership will not let you walk out if there's a deal there...at least not the large dealerships...we sell over 800 vehicles at our dealerhip, and we take everything that any of the other dealerships would...very very very seldom do we let a customer go and they buy at another dealership for cheaper....if anything, cheaper is by $50-100...which breaks down to about $2 per month...if you can't afford $50-$100 on a $20/$30k car, then you can't afford that car at all...

I'm a believer that your time is more valuable than money. I do my research, then find the car, and go and buy it....I don't understand why people would goto 3-4 different dealerhips and spend days and weeks trying to save a hundred bux...

here's a rule of thumb, most vehicles in the teens have a mark up of probably about 4%-6%...cars from $20k-$30k about $5%-10%; $30k-50k probably about 8%-11%...and $50k+, well most of those cars, good luck on getting that much off, cuz if you need that much off to buy that car, then you can't afford it...
+1 well put. it's the job of the sales consultant to build value in anything they sell. yes the internet will be as of a guide not reality.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian

If the "invoice" is what dealer actually paid for any individual car, and if they do not sell it more than invoice? they dont make single cent? can you explain to me as why the OP got quoted the "invoice" price then?...

Of course, you, as sale's person would like for us to just walk in and pay whatever you ask for it, why spend another couple of hours to save as 500 bucks? why dont dealership just sell every car at MSRP? and if we dont shop around? how would we know, what is the a low price?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '07 Coupe, MT, Aero, Price??? Help please.