G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Circulate cabin air without the AC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Geez35
I rarely use my A/C. It has to be 90+ degrees outside for me to turn it on. People here in SoCal are too funny. They drive around all the time with the windows up. Even on a nice day. Pop the dang window and enjoy nature, they should do.
Anyway, I just close the vent by hitting to circulate button. My A/C does not come on. You might want to get that checked out.

Sound like Yoda, you do. Yes, if you close the vent the A/C won't come on unless you turn on the fan.

OK, this is what I found out. If you turn everything off, not everything is off. I tried a few things to see if the HVAC is truely off after you hit "off". Guess what, nope. Try this:

Turn your HVAC to off. Now, turn the temperature **** (I have an 05, btw) towards hot. Now, turn the HVAC back on. Guess what? It is now set to be hotter. Only reason I did this is when I use to turn off the HVAC I noticed air coming through the vents. I thought the only way for the air to come through the vents from the outside is to hit the ventilate button AND the mode button (until you see the words "Manual") while the HVAC is off. So, what I've been doing now is hitting the Recirculate button before I turn off the HVAC and this reduces the air coming in from the outside (the vents always let a little air in though).

So, in the end, I hate the fact I can't recirculate the air with the A/C off too Just like the top poster said, I don't like to turn on the A/C all that often since the weather is usually not that hot here in Southern Cal.

However, a few reasons I don't like to drive with the windows down are:

1. It is way to noisey sometimes with all that wind noise.
2. Being on the freeways here in Southern Cal, you will usually be stuck on the 405 Parking Lot and thus, I don't want to smell all that fume from the other cars. This is also a reason why I like to recirculate the air.
3. I like to listen to my music a bit loud and don't want to disturb all the other cars around me with my music blarring. Also, if the Pigs around here hear your music too loud, they will pull you over.

Anywho, if someone figures out how to turn off the A/C while reciruculating the air, I would like to know this too!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I did not even know we have this issue with our cars.

I must look into it.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
kpierson or mechEE to the rescue!!

Old 05-28-2007, 01:32 PM
ive tried it, there is no way atleast on my 03 coupe to circulate air from the "in cabin only air" selected button with the A/C off. When you push the "360 degree swivel in cabin button" it automatically turns the a/c on. You can bring in air from the outside with the a/c off.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:44 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Just push off, and then hit the recirc button... it should look like the pic above, at least on mine it does.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the closes i can get it to.. i believe the G is the only car that has this issue.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin

Thats the closes i can get it to.. i believe the G is the only car that has this issue.
how did you do this? looks like from your pic that u have recirc on withOUT ac...

i too would like to have heat without ac and outside smellz!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its recir without AC, just can't + the fan or AC will come on.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DefJux921
how did you do this? looks like from your pic that u have recirc on withOUT ac...

i too would like to have heat without ac and outside smellz!
It's easy...hit the OFF button - then hit the MODE button. Move the temp to either 60 to get fresh air, and higher to get air that will pass over the heater core for heated air. The fans and everything will be off, but the vents are open to allow fresh air to vent in the cabin. The air that comes through will pass through the filter - but do remember, this is fresh air so if it stinks outside, you'll smell it inside.

The only way out of that is to go in full auto mode, not economy, and recirc.

Rick

Old 10-07-2007, 11:52 PM
yah but thats not what i want - i guess it cant be done. i want heat+fan+no AC+recirc... like when its cold and theres smelly exhaust in front of me which is quite often here in la.. i just hate that im forced to have my ac on when i want recirc air... i understand where nissan is coming from.. they dont want our windows to fog up... but give me that choice damnit!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:12 AM
our cars will only draw in outside air when the a/c is off. If you read the manual they go on and on and on about how you have keep the air "fresh" in the car (like ull die or something).

I used to drive with the A/C off because I was poor, now I drive with the A/C off for the extra power in the G35.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by DefJux921
yah but thats not what i want - i guess it cant be done. i want heat+fan+no AC+recirc... like when its cold and theres smelly exhaust in front of me which is quite often here in la.. i just hate that im forced to have my ac on when i want recirc air... i understand where nissan is coming from.. they dont want our windows to fog up... but give me that choice damnit!
I don't think there is car built that allows you to recirc air without conditioning it...

Old 10-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
I don't think there is car built that allows you to recirc air without conditioning it...
Sure there is... any car built without an air conditioner. They still make those for the truelly bare-bones versions of some cheaper cars or cars made with hard intentions of being track vehicles.... such as a few of the rarer Viper models, etc.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Sure there is... any car built without an air conditioner. They still make those for the truelly bare-bones versions of some cheaper cars or cars made with hard intentions of being track vehicles.... such as a few of the rarer Viper models, etc.
Look at that quote - that's exactly whatI wrote...

I don't think there is car built that allows you to recirc air without conditioning it...meaning you have to have A/C to have the problem.

Also - cars without A/C don't have a recirc option...at least I've never seen one and have owned several over the years. The purpose of recirc is to:

1 - CONDITION air for the purposes of clearing fogged windows, or aiding in that need.

2 - to cool a car quicker by recirculating the cooling air, thereby cooling colder air to speed up the cooling process.

3 - to allow cooling or heating under circumstances of bad odors from the outside, etc.

This is why all manuals for cars with A/C options give the warning about keeping recirc on too long and its dangers. Economode allows the A/C to switch between fresh and recirc air to ensure proper oxygen ratios, and save energy as well. You'll notice that the car will be in recirc mode the hotter it is inside the car and out, and once it levels out, it return to outside mixed air.

Believe it or not, the cars do have CO2 sensors to make sure maximum cooling and heating can be done while being safe.

Rick

Old 10-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
I have not owned a car that DIDNT allown recirculated air with just the fan on. The G is the first I have seen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Circulate cabin air without the AC?