G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What do you NOT like about your g35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The clutch/transmission. Hands down. Maybe its because I came from Honda (Integra GSR) and got too used to it, but I've had this car going on 2 years and still hate the way it shifts...

The only other thing I can even think of is the severe lack of usable cup holders with the MT....but I can deal with that.

Last edited by alkamyst77; 04-15-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe it's just me but my BIGGEST complaint on the G coupe is....

*****The crack between the seats that everything falls into and ****** ****************is a pain in the butt to get out*****************

I drop my razor (cell), my lighter, keys, etc. down there and it's like a five minute procedure to reclaim the item. Once I was getting gas (a bit hung over too) and I dropped my 20 down there I ended up paying with my card because I didn't want to bother with it.

You even look stupid getting out of the car and moving the seat all the way up and raising it to get the items, not to mention the grease on the seat tracks!

My other complaints are the....

Rattles, Paint Quality (but I'm used to that I had a 2k1 Max before), Bluetooth, and did I mention rattles... Mine 2k6 has been back 4 times for the same door rattle!

But you know what with all of this I love the G and Infiniti my next car in a year will either be another (G37) or the new EX if I decide that I want a practical car!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by notcreative
I can't stand the interior rattles. Looking back, if I had known, I would not have bought this car. Its unfortunate, because the car has so many good things to offer. I know most cars do have rattles, but not like this.
I agree. And that rattling when you shut down is just as annoying.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cost to operate (after owning the car for 2 years):
- winter tires and wheels (summer tires don't cut it in winter): $1600.
- replace all 4 summer tires: $1500.
- new belts, cabin filter, tranny flush (AT), power steering flush: $960.
- brake pads, rotors: $700

That's $4,700, not including regular scheduled maintenance. I find this high for only 2 years.

Last edited by g35dalf; 04-27-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by g35dalf
- winter tires and wheels: $1600.
(summer tires don't cut it)
- new belts, cabin filter,
tranny flush (AT),
power steering flush: $960.

That's $4,700, not including regular scheduled maintenance. I find this high for only 2 years.
I am going to go ahead and throw this out there: I know owning a G is/will be expensive and I have the cash to do it and don't mind BUT when things like "power steering flush = $960" start to happen, you can f-ing forget it.... I will buy something else in a heart beat.

I'm a sensible person but Nissan needs to whip their engineers into shape for some of the design "mistakes" they have made on the car. I'm a mechanical engineer so I hope this is a value-added comment.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
A lot of people seems to want to race me and most of them aren't worth the premium gas.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:36 PM
The climate control system is horrible...

My biggest gripe with the G (i have a 2004 coupe) is the hideously complex, distracting climate control system. I much prefer the 3 ***** in my Chevy truck to the myriad of buttons and options in the car. Plus the truck blows out much warmer air to boot. Hope you later model guys got a redesign of this abomination.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
im not a fan of the console buttons in the 04 coupe. They have no "feel" to them when you press them.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Premier Member

The trunk size
The oil dip stick

Other then that it's a great car...

Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 95 Likes on 50 Posts
- yeah the crack between passenger seat and center console is the black hole!
- seatbelts seem to aggravate my neck area

Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
The dipstick is useless. I have never once been able to judge my oil level from it.

You can put the windows down remotely but not back up.

I hate that you have to press the 'OK' button EVERY time you start the car on the Navi.

I hate that I have to shut off VDC EVERY time I start the car so that I can actually drive it.

I hate that I paid ~$40,000 for a car that doesn't have the option for speed controlled door locking, when my 1994 Chevy Cavalier had this option.

I hate that they used the horn to confirm remote door locking - sounds cheap compared to Toyota/Lexus/Acura's beep

I hate the fact that if you installed headers, intake, and exhaust you don't gain enough horsepower to justify the cost - FI is really the only way to go for 'real' power.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't like the cheap paint on the seat bottoms.
I don't like the position of the lock and window switches under the pull handle (makes you move your arm to adjust windows if you just have it resting on the arm rest).
I don't like that there is no finger recess inside the trunk to use to close the trunk, forces you to reach up on lid and try to grip the emblem to avoid finger scratching the trunk paint (think about that one a minute).
I don't like having to drive a bit for the didtance to empty and mileage estimator to work...doesn't the computer know what distance there was and mpg when I shut it off? Why does it have to move to remember it?
Other cars I have will lock automatically at 5-7 mph, this doesn't.
Blose.

That's it for me so far...but we have only had the car a month. My wife seemingly has no complaints though, it is her car.

Last edited by stilcrazee; 05-02-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
you don't like the orange stitching? it looks great man, i hate the seatbelt cutting into my neck, fragile paint, although many cars will have that problem, and plastic a$$ interior

Old 05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35dalf
- winter tires and wheels (summer tires don't cut it in winter): $1600.
- new belts, cabin filter, tranny flush (AT), power steering flush: $960.

You got raped by your (I assume) stealership!

Old 05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
My Life be like Oooo ahhh
Originally Posted by KPierson
The dipstick is useless. I have never once been able to judge my oil level from it.

You can put the windows down remotely but not back up.

I hate that you have to press the 'OK' button EVERY time you start the car on the Navi.

I hate that I have to shut off VDC EVERY time I start the car so that I can actually drive it.

I hate that I paid ~$40,000 for a car that doesn't have the option for speed controlled door locking, when my 1994 Chevy Cavalier had this option.

I hate that they used the horn to confirm remote door locking - sounds cheap compared to Toyota/Lexus/Acura's beep

I hate the fact that if you installed headers, intake, and exhaust you don't gain enough horsepower to justify the cost - FI is really the only way to go for 'real' power.

Hey, I know this place that makes chips to fix all those problems...I think it's called KP Technologies or something like that...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you NOT like about your g35 coupe?