G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Right Drift Revisited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Drift Revisited

I have 3,800 miles on my 2004 6MT Coupe and I just had my first dealer service (oil change and lowered engagement point of the clutch). On my 300-mile drive back home, I immediately noticed that the steering was not normal. It was very difficult to keep the steering wheel centered and there was lots of “play” in the steering just to the left or right of center. I then tried the well-known 7-second drift test, and sure enough, the car drifted to the right with the steering wheel centered. Until the drive back from the dealer, my car was handling perfectly. I had no steering problems at all. I would have expected this type of problem to materialize slowly over time. But, it seems to have happened in an instant. I am wondering if anyone who has had the right drift problem experienced the same thing (the problem arising instantly as opposed to over time)? I would also appreciate some feedback on the actual installation of the compression rod (TSB). Did the repair correct the problem? Did they do a 4-wheel alignment after the installation? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old 01-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Re: Right Drift Revisited

sounds like the dealer's mechanic damaged the car during the "test drive" - not uncommon really with fast cars. the Porche dealer in Little Rock would have to come up with a new Turbo every year of so 'cause the mechanics would total them at high speed while doin a little "drive 'round the block"

Old 01-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Re: Right Drift Revisited

you mean Riverside and Cantrell hill? you from Little Rock? (number6)

bs g35c lth/prem