G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Buying from Grubb's and Local Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying from Grubb's and Local Service

Hi. I'm in NJ and I'm considering buying a G35 from Grubb's. For anyone who has gone the route of buying from Grubb's and having the car shipped, have you had any issues getting your car serviced by a local dealer? Are there any downsides to doing this?

I want a 6MT, but can't find any in my area, let alone at the price I could get from Grubb's if they end up continuing their January VPP promotion I read about on freshalloy.

Also, if you're in NJ and have ordered from Grubb's, what are this things to be aware of regarding motor vehicles paperwork, taxes, etc? Thanks!

Old 01-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Buying from Grubb's and Local Service

they are supposed to handle warranty service exactly the same. In reality, your local dealership may have a bad attitude when you go in there, since you didn't buy the car from them and will try to blame anything possible on the selling dealership so they can refuse you warranty service.

You pay taxes and registration based on your residence state, the same as if you purchased a car there.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 01-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, but I don't think they have a case. It's like saying that someone that moves from Texas to New York because of a job, cannot get their Infiniti serviced unless he takes it back to Texas.
Warranty is warranty, dealer gets paid by Infiniti for the work.
Those dealers that takes it out on a Customer because they did not purchase their cars at that dealership should be shot and it's a bad business decision anyway. Since a lot of their profits comes from the Service department.

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 01-11-2004, 04:07 PM

what if there are scratches or damages that occur during the shipment?

Old 01-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dunno, why don't you ask grubbs what they want you to do in the case of damage?

if it was me, i would refuse delivery of it.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

Old 01-11-2004, 09:16 PM

i got my 6mtC from douglas infiniti in summit NJ. got 1250 off msrp long before any discounts were had. maybe ask them if they'd honor same pricing.

my salesguy was gil coronado 908-522-7300

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:54 PM

If there is damage during shipment, the shipping company is supposed to pay for repairs. Make sure you understand what kind of insurance is provided when you pay for the shipment.

I get great service from my local dealer even after I didn't buy from them because they said my deposit would be non-refundable (back in March 2003). I ended up buying a used 6MT coupe on ebay with only 250 miles and saved close to $2000 off MSRP even after paying to ship it halfway across the country! I even got the car I wanted within a few weeks rather than waiting 5 months for a build. That $2000 should pay for a few years worth of service!

Dr. Jim
2003 DesertPlatinum/Graphite G35C 6MT
Aero/Prem/Nav/HyperGround/XMSat/BSM/Tint/ClearBra/CG/NismoChromeShifter/RacePedals/Z-tube/JWTPopCharger

Old 01-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually visited Grubbs when I was in Dallas, TX on business. Great place! Huge dealerships! Carvey who works in the parts center (also who handles their online orders) was very helpful with my questions and concerns. Never let me hanging once, and I think its fare to say, neither would the dealerships with a G order.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a *****, but only enough blood to run one at a time."

Old 01-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put my order in a little over a week ago with Grubbs and had the VPP pricing (save over $3000 off MSRP) and the free shipping from TX to NC. I was told the shipping included insurance in case anything happened to it so I would not be liable. I still have more questions to ask regarding at what point do I officially take title and pay for it (ie. when they ship vs when I receive). I certainly will be going over the car with a fine toothed comb and will probably want to at least hose it down and/or completely wash it if it is very dirty to be sure no scratches or other dings are on the car before I sign any paperwork relieving liability of the carrier. I'll let you know in April if I don't go crazy waiting for the car!

Old 01-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in Dallas and have talked to Danny before and will probably get a coupe this month(finally, after a year of lurking on these boards). Any way that you can give me a heads up on what kind of inventory you had available. I personally know that Danny will give you top notch service no matter what you buy but, untill I have my 2K3 bonus in my direct deopsit I don't want to bother him at all. I'm interested in a 2K4c 6MT, fully loaded, minus navi. It totals about $35,800 minus taxes. Is that what you got?

Old 01-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put an order in for a 2004 G35 Coupe, Diamond Graphite, Willow Interior (hard to find), 6MT (also hard to find), Premium, splash guards, front lip (installed at dealer), and a trunk mat. No Navi or spoiler. Came to just under $36k MSRP and just under $33k after VPP discount. Look at www.grubbs.com for their inventory. Nothing matched mine since I didn't want a spoiler, I wanted the Willow interior and Nav is fairly common on them. Not sure if they would trade for something that matched what you want. If you want Graphite interior your odds go up a lot more. I know when I was in San Jose last week I saw a few at some other dealers, but they had spoilers or graphite interior, but they were on the lot. Good luck!

Old 01-13-2004, 11:47 PM

MAN you guys are lucky as hell...
can one get VPP if they dont work for one of the listed companies but knows some one who does???
T_bull

Old 01-14-2004, 12:13 AM

Read this <a href="http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB25&Number=67274926&page =0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1">post</a>, Grubbs is currently offering VPP pricing to Fresh Alloy members. Shipping not to exceed $600.

Old 01-14-2004, 01:44 AM

Thanks guy....
I just looked at their inventory....
didnt see the car that I want.......
have any FA members had any luck with getting VVP if they order a car through grubbs?

Old 01-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call them. You never know what they may have gotten in, since the Infiniti web site is not always correct. Ask for Ralph.

Each dealer orders cars all the time and they don't even know what they will be getting from the factory sometimes.

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!