G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Nismo bumper & wheels, pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 10:57 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nismo bumper & wheels, pics

Joe the car is sick! The eibach and 20's is pushin... On top of that you got me thinkin bout some black Iforged rims!! I got a black coupe and I m startin to think maybe I need 20's... Compliments on the car, its off the hook

2003.5 Blk/Blk w/all dem options

Old 01-14-2004, 11:04 PM

The bumper shouldn't chip with the flex additive I added to the clear coat. The front body panels of a car should always have flex additive added to the clear coat when painted, just a tip when any of you guys need parts painted on the front end of your cars.

Old 01-15-2004, 12:49 AM

I remember reading that and thinking that it was not a good idea. If I remember right it was cheap too. I have not found a good way of modifying urethane. You can repair it, but not create it. A hole or a crack can be repaired from the back side, and then use the proper plastic repair products on the front side, prime, then paint. But when you shave an entire part out you are going to have to install a large piece somewhere around where you shaved the license plate area. You can try to plastic weld another piece of urethane in that area, or use plastic repair products, pretty much bondo made for urethane, but I haven't had good luck with either of these for customizing. This is just one of the reasons I don't mind fiberglass parts, modifying and or repairing is no problem. There would be a very strong chance in the future you will have a problem in that area of the bumper, and I am willing to bet the shop will not warrenty it. If you want to look into it further I would look up a plastic bumper reconditioning shop in your area, they would have the most expertise, otherwise just paint it and enjoy it.

Old 01-15-2004, 01:41 AM

Your car looks great! However I think the Nismo front bumper look too much like the factory one with bigger air inlets. The air inlet shapes are the same, just little bigger. I haven't seen the Nismo front bumper in person yet, so I might be wrong here, but that's how I feel. I think most other bystanders won't even notice the change. If the difference is not significant, why spend so much money and go through hassle? I wish the Nismo made their bumper with little bit more style. However your 20" wheels are truly awesome!

2003 G35 Coupe auto
Ivory Pearl & Black Interior
Sunroof / 18" Performance Pkg
Aftermarket rear wing / Nismo Pedal / K&N filter / PIAA 8000K Spark fog light / 20%R, 35% RS, 50%F Tint

Old 01-15-2004, 07:41 AM

Great looking ride!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 01-15-2004, 08:56 AM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Joe I sent you a Private message if you get a chance.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:03 AM

Hey Joey did you have to a camber kit when you installed the springs? If so which one did you use? once again nice car...

Old 01-20-2004, 11:40 AM

wow now thats a nice clean look
Good job

Old 02-05-2004, 03:57 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump, sry I needed some info from this thread and searching through it is a PITA

Old 02-06-2004, 05:06 PM

Joe, I just ordered my Nismo replica bumper...question: the rest of your car is stock, right (ie. side skirts & rear bumper)...? Cause I just want to make sure the Nismo bumper doesn't sit lower than the rest (or the current bumper for that matter) which would make the car look weird from a side angle...in which case I'd need to buy side skirts, etc...blah blah blah...

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 02-06-2004, 11:22 PM

Rest of the car is stock. IMO it looks fine with just the front bumper. The side skirts match up just like stock. I actually measured the Nismo bumper compared to our OEM and the sides of the bumpers are exactly the same. It is only in the front center portion that the Nismo bumper is about one inch lower. The Nismo bumper is the same height all the way around the bumper while our OEM kind of dips in and is not as low in the front center.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey fellas!! What about the real Nismo front spoiler lip for the coupe? Do they sell the whole Nismo bumper or just the lip to fit on the OEM bumper? See pix attached...Is that the whole bumper replacement or just an add on lip?

184821-nismog35cpv.jpg

Old 02-07-2004, 02:31 AM

whole bumper.. looks at the bumper openings, they are more sharp, OEM openings seems more roundede and smooth.

Old 02-07-2004, 02:27 PM

OoOoO dang that looks niiiice! i got a diamond graphite color and goin with black rims too.......man that looks really sick.......good job

shieeet im only duece one......hehe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nismo bumper & wheels, pics