G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Caught a G theft in progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:04 AM
|
Caught a G theft in progress

All,

There is an issue that we all need to be concerned about that I will be raising with my local Infiniti dealer to take up with the manufacturer.

Tonight I was in Deep Ellum in Dallas (yeah I know if you know about Deep Ellum that was a big mistake) and walked out of a club and to my car as a mother f______ thieve was drilling through the molding on the top of the passenger side window on my car to steal it. I yelled out imediately to Get the F___ away from my car and he picked up his bag of tools and ran. Thank God I caught them in the act instead of walking out to an empty parking spot!

Here's the issue. When the Dallas police arrived they told me that thieves have already figured out a significant weakness in our Gs. The body molding above both the passenger and driver side windows that runs from the hood to about midway on the roof and between the top of the windows to the rubber seal on the roof is cheap plastic and once drilled the car can be easily gotten into without the alarm going off. He wouldn't give me all of the specifics because they are tyring not to make it public knowledge, but I will be raising a serious concern with my dealer when I take it in for repair.

The good news is since it is cheap plastic it should be fairly easy and cheap to repair.

If anyone else has any tips or stories about this please let me know. I will post a pic tomorrow so you guys can see the damage and exactly what I am talking about.

As for tonight I am emotionally beat down and pissed off at the world that humanity can be so evil against those of us who work our butts off to drive nice cars and have nice things!

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:14 AM
Re: Caught a G theft in progress

I feel your pain jcotten...i'm just wondering if any G's have been physically stolen, because I believe its hard to bypass the immobilzer system. Living in nyc, I constantly fear for the well-being of my car...street thugs in every borough seem to be eyeing the ride. I heard that the Z (and possibly the G) has an additional weakness that has something to do with our door handles being easily manipulated. Keep us posted with the dealer...hope infiniti takes care of the problem somehow (although I doubt they will).

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:29 AM

Man, sorry to hear about that. I'm glad you caught the bastard.

The movie American History X comes to mind when I think about this situation.

A simple "curb stomping" would be in effect if I caught some lowlife bastards anywhere near my car.

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:45 AM

let's not forget how, after he has his "curb stomping", he goes to jail and gets rammed up the ***.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:52 AM

Ummm, Dallas thieves must be alittle slow.. NJ theives figured out (last year) that they could pop the door lock, short the wires and drop the window without setting off the alarm... Drilling? All he needed was a screwdriver. Sad fact... Maximas have this vulnerability as well. Glad your car was ok.. He was likely just looking for phones and radio stuff. The immobilizer would not have allowed him to leave with the G. They could tow it, but not start it.

I actually saw a flat bed near my car the other day while coming out of the store. I thought, now thats an odd place to park.. Oh, he better not be near my car... (as in hit it). Hmmm, thats an odd angle park?!. Then he took off as I got closer. Didnt get the name of the company... As I got in the car, I thought WTF? no way! He wasnt going to steal it?! I still cant say.. it was bizarre.

bs g35c lth/prem

Old 01-18-2004 | 03:05 AM

These stories are making me sick. Im just glad there isn't much interchangable parts like honda civics and acura integras. Wouldn't a really good aftermarket alarm be good rather than the factory. With those sensors and all that. I rather have false alarms then none at all (as long as i dont get immune to false alarms and brush it off). From past experiences i know now to check my car no matter what even if it's the car next to mines. Also no tinted windows can help because the theif can just look and realize there isnt anything to steal. DAMN THOSE PEOPLE THAT DRINK HATERADE

Old 01-18-2004 | 03:28 AM

Dopeymon... i odnt' htink they drank i quote "Haterade" cuz if they hate the car, they would trash it ...not steal it....

Old 01-18-2004 | 05:17 AM

DUDE!!!!
You are in TEXAS!
Take a hint from the picture……
T_bull

172862-11.JPG

Old 01-18-2004 | 09:39 AM

cars with frameless windows are notoriously easy to get into. This is old news. My last car had them and was broken into. Since then, i've learned you really need an alarm with shock/motion sensor to at least have a chance. Usually, if your car has an alarm, a thief will just move on to a car without it.

Also, its a good idea not to leave anything in plain view on the inside.

Edit:
On a side note, due to all the car was scratched, keyed, vandalized, broken into, etc posts....i also reduced the decuctible on my comprehensive insurance down to $250 in case something happens.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by redwillow on 01/18/04 07:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-18-2004 | 10:08 AM
Deep Sea Moderator

I'm glad I decided to order the shock sensor this weekend. It will give me a little more comfort until I can get a real alarm.

I'm with the guy talking about American History X. Should've just walked by like it wasn't yours and then tackled his ***.

Russ

Black 6MT Coupe
Jax, FL
PS2 and Headrest thread

Old 01-18-2004 | 10:28 AM

I was thinking about a new alarm system the other day...one tied to a .75 kilo block of Semtex. If the car moves, and it's not me in it....well, ya know.

I make a diligent effort not to leave anything in my car in an effort to avoid thiefs looking to make a grab.

BASIC BLACK

Old 01-18-2004 | 10:40 AM

Damn man, that sucks, you feel violated when someone does that to your car. sometimes I feel if someone got in my car and messed it up; just take it, I never wanna see it again.

In any case, I just bought a viper 790..something alarm system with multiple shock sensors, hopefully that helps.

-miwung
04 coupe | silver/black
**I told the salesman, I want everything the G comes with **

Old 01-18-2004 | 12:27 PM

How much in $$$$ ????

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:34 PM

Does anyone know if G35s (coupes or sedans) are particularly being targeted by thieves more than other cars? I would think that since they aren't a dime-a-dozen on the road, a thief would be less inclined to attempt to drive away with one.

Old 01-18-2004 | 02:38 PM

i havent heard of a single G being stolen, which leads me to believe that the key chip anti theft thing does, in fact work. Of course it could always be towed.... but I don't think your average car thief has easy access to a tow truck.

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Caught a G theft in progress