G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Torn between DP and DG!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torn between DP and DG!!!

Hey guys, I was looking for a little insight before I place my order on an '04 Coupe Base 6sp. - I really like the color contrasts of the Desert Platinum and its rarity, but think that it may be a little too light for my tastes (coming out of a black car) - on the other hand, I think that DG is a great color overall, but can look a little "blah" at times and is just about the only color you ever see the G in on the road...so I am torn between these two colors...

I am definitely going with the Willow interior, and the only other mods I plan to make in the immediate future are a set of 19" Volk SF winnings in Merc Silver (on either color) and lowering springs...weigh everything together and please assist me with your honest opinions/thoughts/comments/concerns/etc. - thanks!

Old 01-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Re: Torn between DP and DG!!!

I got the DG and like it very well so far, had it for about 3 weeks. It doesn't show dirt quite as bad as I thought it would, but it does show it more than my brilliant silver G35 sedan did, by far.

Like you mentioned, DG is a very popular color so if you are looking to be a little more unique, go with the DP. I honestly think it would probably look better combined with the willow interior than the DG would.

Good luck, you really can't go wrong either way.

<font color=blue>04 DG/G Coupe 5AT - St. Louis, MO
Premium, Aero, Performance, Splash Guards
Metallic Tint - 5-Wire Grounding Kit
MB Quart / Eclipse Stereo
PIAA Extreme Whites - K&N Drop-In</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ncozby on 01/18/04 10:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-19-2004, 01:55 AM

I don't know about these two exterior colors specifically, but usually I'd have to say that the lighter interior (willow) would look much better with a darker exterior.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 01-19-2004, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it comes to DP, it is one awesome color. I don't want to make anyone mad but the DG is just plan grey. DP is a super car's aluminum monochrome changing shade awesome color with depth. Let me break it down for you. DP in the sunlight looks platinum " silver goldish", at night it's bright silver, and on a cloudy day it looks silver grey, like DG. Now, this is only the truth. DP is a rare, ultra cool, special color that has pretty much shock me ever since day one that I brought this car home.

If you don't believe me have the dealer put a B. Silver, DP, DG, next to each other and you can be the judge. DP just stands out with depth in its special color.

It is just really hard to describe DP except that it turns the G-into a futuristic sports car.

I really wish they would discontinued DP, so that it will be a limited color on the street. Sorry, I selfish.

Old 01-19-2004, 04:01 AM

Like you bza, i'm more drawn to darker colors. There's a reason why you see DG's all the time, because its beautiful, not high-maintenance (like black cars), and really compliments the G's beautiful lines. Although the DP has some cool properties, its light silver color reminds me of all the other silver cars on the road. While DG is popular among G35's i feel like the silver tone of the DP resembes all the other silvers I see on the road...reminds me of my friend's silver accord to be exact. Regardless of its shade, it just doesn't seem that great on the G35...really plain. DG wasn't my first choice actually [I think ivory pearl is the best color on the G by far] but I'm nevertheless content with it.

Old 01-19-2004, 04:32 AM

there are too many DGs around. Get the BS or DP

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 01-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Banned

I have gotten moe compliments on the color of my DG coupe than any other car I have owned. The car always has a sparkle to it and is very easy to keep clean.

04 G35C DG
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 01-19-2004, 08:35 AM

I had a black Porsche 924SE before my G and I got the DP. I also got the Graphic interior and it all looks good. The DP will appear brilliant silver in the sun and a very slight gold color in the shade. You won't be disappointed with it. The part about not showing dirt'n stuff is a big plus as well although I keep my baby sparklin.

Old 01-19-2004, 09:26 AM

Just get the brilliant silver.

In my opinion, desert platinum is a bad choice, simply because it looks like a dirty brilliant silver. Don't believe me? Just compare the two colors side by side at your dealership.

And diamond graphite is a great color, most of the time. But I don't like how dull it looks on an overcast day. It looks great in the sun though.

But the brilliant silver looks good in the sun, shade or at night.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:42 PM

you have to go DG. its the most popular color for a reson ; )
I like the DG becuase it change a lot. When its bright and sunny the car is bright and a lighter silver. When its Dark its good silver color and looks great. then when its overcast it have a good grey color to it that looks really sharp. DP looks wierd to me. it looks like the color of mud or somthing in certon light. Its a good color to but the few times i have seen it it made be look twice cuz i thought it was a super dirty G.

<a href="mailto:Carlos3186@hotmail....otmail.com</a>

Old 01-19-2004, 12:51 PM

I am really confused now about the interiors - you say then that the DG and DP will have slightly different color schemes in each - can anyone provide pics for verification on each color? Thanks again guys for all the responses, I'm still very undecided - if anyone out there has pics of their DP cars, I would really like to see them as well - thanks!

Old 01-19-2004, 01:20 PM

Here's my DP before my Gialla was installed. It doesn't look dirty. Did someone say it looks dirty? WTF?

173464-my_car.jpg

Old 01-19-2004, 01:28 PM

DG all the way baby!!!! I'll get a lot of flak for this, but I tend to think of DP as a chick color. Maybe because it's my wife's favorite.

It's here!!! '04 G35 Coupe DG/G/5AT/Leather/Premium

Old 01-19-2004, 02:42 PM

I laugh when they say DP looks dirty. I think it looks more brilliant than either BS or DG, not to mention it is much more uncommon...whether a G or not. Every other new car purchased seems to be some sort of grey/silver....just my .02

'04 G35C / 6MT / DP / Graphite / Prem / Aero

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Torn between DP and DG!!!