G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

120MPH in a 65MPH Zone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 120MPH in a 65MPH Zone

Im not sure if this true but i think only 2 points can carry over onto your out of state license unless nj and ny have a special agreement but if i was you id still get a lawyer and try to reduce some of those charges..

Old 02-01-2004, 03:27 PM

My friend got pulled over at exit 117 and i believe it was the homdel court. he got caught (also paced) doing 92 in the 65.. At the start of the session the judge warned him that anything over 90 he takes the license away. The prosecutor only lowered it to a 89 and the judge then told him that he's very lucky to not get his license taken away. Don't know if it's all B/S from the judge but all I can do is relate to you what happened to my friend.

definately get a lawyer - probably a local lawyer is better - he might have a relationship with the prosecutor and be able to get you out of the mess. Shop around

Old 02-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Banned

Stupidity? He might have saved your life!

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 02-01-2004, 04:10 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Both states belong to the National Driver License Compact, which means that they share information on citations issued to the other's residents

<hr></blockquote>

New York State WILL NOT assess points on your driver's license for out-of-state violations. This information is easily found on the NYS DMV website.

I have lived in NY all of my life, and have gotten several tickets in several states on various road trips down to Florida. Never once have I had a single point on my NY driver's license.

Old 02-01-2004, 05:19 PM

This is straight from the NY State DMV website FAQ:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

If you do not respond to a ticket or fail to pay a fine for a moving violation that you committed in any state except Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, the DMV suspends your NYS driver license until you respond to the ticket or pay the fine. If a driver from a state except these six states fails to respond to a traffic ticket issued in NYS, their driver license will be suspended until the driver responds to the traffic ticket in NYS.

Drivers from other states must contact the DMV in their home state to get information about the effect of a traffic violation conviction that occurs in NYS.

If you receive a conviction for an alcohol-related or drug-related driving violation in any state, your NYS driver license is revoked for at least six months.

g'luck

&lt;NYCXLR8&gt; 04 G35coupe 5AT/Prem Pkg/Perf Tire Opt/Aero Kit/Clear Sides/Pedal Kit

Old 02-01-2004, 05:45 PM

Same EXACT thing happened to me like 2 years ago. I was headed down to Seaside for the weekend, I was on the express side and the cop on the local. He finally pulled me over when we got to the toll booths. I did get a few tickets and paid out the *** for them.. but that was it. Because I had a NY license in Jersey I got no points. It never even showed up on my record when I went to renew my insurance. By the way, I was doing the same sped.. 120.

Old 02-01-2004, 09:40 PM

I hate cops. I hate big brother. I would be defined as the opposite of "patriotic". I hate the system.

I like Japan and Germany.

Which is beside the point. 125 in a 65. Bend over, let the insurance and government do its business. Next time, pay attention for cops following you... If you let him catch up to 120mph it must have been a while... OR turn off your engine, pretend you're being panicky because your accelerator got stuck and you froze.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-01-2004, 10:27 PM

>>I hate cops. I hate big brother. I would be defined as the opposite of "patriotic". I hate the system. I like Japan and Germany.<<

Certainly the speed laws in Germany make much better sense, and the police in both countries are arguably better trained and maintain a very high level of professionalism and discipline, but if you thought Big Brother was a pain in the neck to deal with here, it's significantly worse there. In those countries, a Rodney King would have been sentenced to hard labor instead of winning the litigation lottery. Of course, then there are countries like China and Singapore where civil liberties don't exist, and Rodney would not have been heard from again.

RainMeister
'04 G35C 6MT, diamond graphite, premium, nav, aero

Old 02-01-2004, 10:37 PM

Civil liberties exist here? Hardly. Have you heard of the "patriot act"? My aunt, you're typical Joy Luck Club asian aunt, got searched for possible terrorist threats.

This is truly a communist state in being that the government has a share in everything. We pay for the cops that give us tickets, and up our insurance. And they pay for the products we make/labor we offer for whatever. Repeat. Only the extremely wealthy could careless about money flow. The rest of us have to live with what the government doesn't rip off our salaries.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 02-01-2004, 11:42 PM

The laws we are all held to are voted on by our peers. If you don't like them, then work to change them. The national speed limit used to be 55 everywhere, and that was changed, so we all know it's possible.

Voicing different opinions and the allowance to question authority are two of the things that makes the U.S. great. However, having such a clamorous attitude but doing nothing to change the system while simultaneously living in the luxury of it's lap (which is quite luxurious by world standards) is simply laughable.

In any case, any of us really only have three options:

1. Obey the laws or pay the penalty when you get caught.
2. Work to change the system.
3. Move to a state or country more to your liking.

Now, back on topic. Wow, getting caught for 120 in a 65, that will certainly be regarded as a "special case" in the court's eyes. I believe you will be at the mercy of the Judge. Good luck.

Black/Willow 03.5 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, SAT
350Z Nismo CAI

Old 02-02-2004, 11:20 AM

Buy a plane ticket, time to flee the country. I am kidding :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 120MPH in a 65MPH Zone