G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

So my G is out of the shop... CRAP!- post accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation So my G is out of the shop... CRAP!- post accident

Yeah, I am cruising along, everything is fine.

My brother sees my G for the first time, and wants to race. Yeah, his Monte Carlo stood no chance. Well, as he ends up behind me, I blinker to the turn lane, and he grabs his phone and videos me.

Apparently, my blinkers are acting like hazard lights. Turn the left blinker on and on comes the right one with it. It's not noticable from inside. The front works the same way. If the headlights are on, both blinkers are bright, front and back. At the same time, with the headlights on, the brakelight on the spoiler alternates with the blinkers.

Oh, did I mention, now when I use Cruise, and then use my blinker, my Cruise disengages as if I hit the brakes.

WTF is going on? Dealer Autobody shop/Dealer Repair shop fix, or anyone see this crap before?

Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 AM
sounds like they got some wires crossed

Old 08-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
street racing is ghey.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it back.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Just talked with the dealer service department.

They told me that, since my car had just been worked on from the accident in which I was rear-ended, the Autobody Shop needs to be the first to repair it. The Autobody shop is owned by the dealership, but CLOSED on weekends, where the dealer repair shop is open.

Since I only owned the car for 2 days prior to the accident, it's tough to gauge whether I had this problem prior to the accident or not. Dealer repair shop's initial guess is that my wiring harness or a portion of it may have been crushed or damaged.

Being hit from the rear, does that make sense? Apparently, they did significant work on the rear, although it didn't look bad. The Prius that hit me was rear ended first, and I was 3rd in a chain. The Prius was hit hard and the nose of it went UNDER the right side of my rear bumper. Having damage there, would all this make sense? Now that it's a safety issue, after the bodyshop or not, should the dealer take this as a safety item? Warranty?

Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
vbx
Banned
I'm pretty sure the cruise control is suppose to disengage when you step on the brakes.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by vbx
I'm pretty sure the cruise control is suppose to disengage when you step on the brakes.
He said when he uses the blinker it disengages AS IF he touched the brakes.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:29 PM
what is wrong with people dont they read first lol

Old 08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Clearly not. However, a lack of literary skills does not help solve my debacle.

Any solutions anyone? Or am I gonna have to have my entire wiring harness replaced? Ugh!

Old 08-26-2007, 05:08 AM
street racing=stupid...take it to a track oh and btw I would just have the entire wiring harness replaced for the peace of mind...

Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
They knew you street raced so they wired you for victory. Instead of hitting your flashers, all you have to do is initiate your turn signal.

It isn't a defect, it's a 'feature...'

Old 08-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
They knew you street raced so they wired you for victory. Instead of hitting your flashers, all you have to do is initiate your turn signal.

It isn't a defect, it's a 'feature...'

As long as he wasn't weaving in and out of traffic running short school busses off the road full of retarded kids and nuns, leave the street racing lecture for the 16 year olds whose parents bought them a new car and they want to show off to 12 year olds.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
"the rines are crossed"...."did you just say the rines are crossed?" (hahaha remember that from seinfeld?)

Old 08-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
most likely are going to have to bring it to your dealer so they can figure out the electrical issue, if you want it paid for by your insurance (assuming you were in an accident that insurance paid for) you will have the bill sent to your insurance company and they will reimburse you and bill the body shop for work not performed properly... headache...

Old 08-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah headache. From what I've been told, there may be a poor or loose ground from when they were reattaching the electrical system at the end of my repairs. It's a possiblity.

The dealer won't touch it until their Bodyshop looks at it, even though the dealer and autobody shop are owned by the same guy. Lame.

As for street racing, I don't do it. It's a thing between my brother and I, and that's the only time. It was only from one light to the next, probably 1/8th mile. Otherwise, I'll be driving the car like a granny, because I like to look good with it, not look dumb with a cop behind me.

For all you race haters, I agree with you. But ease up off my back, you've pressed the pedal atleast once.

Let's remember, this thread is about fixing my electrical issue, not analyzing the ethics of racing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So my G is out of the shop... CRAP!- post accident