G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What should I do to this beautiful B*st*rd??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do to this beautiful B*st*rd??

I finally got a 2004 sport coupe with the 6 spd man. I just got the JWT pop-charger and I'm looking for some decent mods that won't break the bank. Any suggestions??

Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 AM
well, more of an visual mod, but you should buy my CF ztube. woot woot!

Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 Newbie
I finally got a 2004 sport coupe with the 6 spd man. I just got the JWT pop-charger and I'm looking for some decent mods that won't break the bank. Any suggestions??
Yeah. Read the ATTN: ALL NEWBIES thread at the top.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
Yeah. Read the ATTN: ALL NEWBIES thread at the top.
i love how there are all these new people showing up with 03 and 04 coupes asking ridiculous questions like "Has anyone heard of a spacer/intake/exhaust/suspension setup that i can afford on my Arby's salary that will give me 500whp??????"
there have to be at least 5 new threads a day from these noobs.
i honestly think it's time to establish some kind of rule or lock where you can't post a new thread until you've been a member for 30-45 days. Hopefully by that time the person will have looked around the site, discovered the search function, or will have gone ahead and purchased everything g35 related off e-bay.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
^ +1...pretty annoying all they have to do is click that search button!

Old 08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by madscientist
i love how there are all these new people showing up with 03 and 04 coupes asking ridiculous questions like "Has anyone heard of a spacer/intake/exhaust/suspension setup that i can afford on my Arby's salary that will give me 500whp??????"
there have to be at least 5 new threads a day from these noobs.
i honestly think it's time to establish some kind of rule or lock where you can't post a new thread until you've been a member for 30-45 days. Hopefully by that time the person will have looked around the site, discovered the search function, or will have gone ahead and purchased everything g35 related off e-bay.
Well, that's pretty useless since they may be asking where the search button is Hey, we are all here to help out and we were all once Noobs so, I usually give them some slack but will point out the search button Although, there are many times where the same question can be answered differently a few months later so ... I usually keep that in mind before I tell the Noobs to go search for a post 1 year ago

Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Well, that's pretty useless since they may be asking where the search button is Hey, we are all here to help out and we were all once Noobs so, I usually give them some slack but will point out the search button Although, there are many times where the same question can be answered differently a few months later so ... I usually keep that in mind before I tell the Noobs to go search for a post 1 year ago
I was a moderator for the Prelude forum over on Honda-Tech.com for years... back before it was inundated with ricers and wannabe's.

We created a thread that sat at the top that had links to threads that answered the FAQ's and it REALLY helped.
You know, like the "official exhaust thread" and "the official header thread" and "the official plenum spacer thread" and of course the official "what should I do to my car first" thread. Took a while to put together, but over the months it because extremely useful, and even I still used it, and I can tear apart and rebuild my Prelude with my eyes closed.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think if possible, they should make the search btn more visible. It gets lost in the main nav strip. Like a big *** out on top that says "Search Now." I remember when I first started using forums in this style, it was difficult to find.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
I was going to suggest "Drive it", but you have to "break the bank" just to put gas in it.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
CCT-we call down the rain
Hey we would not have anything to talk about if we didn't answer questions...

Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Premier Member

I'm sure we can find something to talk about...like how's the weather because its always changing...Not answer questions over and over and over again. To me it's like a person going into the library and says I need help on research for something. I don't want to walk around the library can someone do that for me? Thanks...I'll sit right here and drink my coffee...

Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Lighten up fella's.....we were all NOOBS at one point in time....

Doesn't matter if its the new G37 or the first 03......when your new to the car you ask questions.....

the search helps, but we are the sources of information regardless...so lets lend them a hand.

Depending on your budget, there are many directions you can take...

Do you want your mods to be more visual/cosmetical or performance oriented?

Most go for window tint/ overlays/larger rims/ tires .....body kits, side skirts/roof spoilers etc.
Headlight conversions etc.DVD players/stereos/gauges etc.

Performance wise...spacers/headers/FI/Turbo/ECU flashing.......
lowering the car w/springs/shocks/sways/BBK kits etc.

So its all up to how high you want to fly....

Welcome and good luck with your new ride.

PS Check some of the technical forums for some solid info regarding modifications to the G......

Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Premier Member

haha...we all got rough up when we were noobs..Why can't we do it now? boo...

Old 08-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the 'Driver boards, g35 Newbie. Since you have the JWT popcharger, you might want to consider getting a Motordyne plenum spacer.

Here is Tony's link to get you started.

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/

A search will definitely yield you much more info prior to deciding on your options . . . And a search will keep the restless natives off of your newbie back, as well.

Enjoy your visits here on 'Driver.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Premier Member

Arrgh Arrghhh...Cook the noob...Looks like we be having us a Noob stew tonight...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What should I do to this beautiful B*st*rd??