G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What should I do to this beautiful B*st*rd??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
Lighten up fella's.....we were all NOOBS at one point in time....

Doesn't matter if its the new G37 or the first 03......when your new to the car you ask questions.....

the search helps, but we are the sources of information regardless...so lets lend them a hand.

Depending on your budget, there are many directions you can take...

Do you want your mods to be more visual/cosmetical or performance oriented?

Most go for window tint/ overlays/larger rims/ tires .....body kits, side skirts/roof spoilers etc.
Headlight conversions etc.DVD players/stereos/gauges etc.

Performance wise...spacers/headers/FI/Turbo/ECU flashing.......
lowering the car w/springs/shocks/sways/BBK kits etc.

So its all up to how high you want to fly....

Welcome and good luck with your new ride.

PS Check some of the technical forums for some solid info regarding modifications to the G......

Agreed! It's funny that some people have to be such *******s. In the grand scheme of things if someone asks a redundant question....it's no big deal! It takes more time for you to leave an ******* remark than it does to just IGNORE it.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wait, theres mods that don't break the bank?

I'm glad you * all the a's in bastard

Old 08-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
What's a noob?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by never gone
Agreed! It's funny that some people have to be such *******s. In the grand scheme of things if someone asks a redundant question....it's no big deal! It takes more time for you to leave an ******* remark than it does to just IGNORE it.
smart@ss remarks are so much fun to come up with though.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
Lighten up fella's.....we were all NOOBS at one point in time....

Doesn't matter if its the new G37 or the first 03......when your new to the car you ask questions.....

the search helps, but we are the sources of information regardless...so lets lend them a hand.

Depending on your budget, there are many directions you can take...

Do you want your mods to be more visual/cosmetical or performance oriented?

Most go for window tint/ overlays/larger rims/ tires .....body kits, side skirts/roof spoilers etc.
Headlight conversions etc.DVD players/stereos/gauges etc.

Performance wise...spacers/headers/FI/Turbo/ECU flashing.......
lowering the car w/springs/shocks/sways/BBK kits etc.

So its all up to how high you want to fly....

Welcome and good luck with your new ride.

PS Check some of the technical forums for some solid info regarding modifications to the G......
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

lighten up guys forreal!!!

5/16th spacer from motordyne is a really good bang for the buck. if i were you i would have returned that jwt popcharger and just get a k&n drop in air filter and buy myself a spacer! way more ponies coming out of that than that sucking noise from the intake.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
New members and their questions........?

Let's face it not all the answers are found under search mode. Unless of
course you're refering to things like debadging....HAHA We all had to learn
and I'll admit I made some rather silly comments/questions back in '04!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i actually never asked questions like that as a newbie, i guess i let others do it and i would READ up. anyhow RJ how much for the Z-Tube

Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned
you wanna make your car go vroooooooooom vroom don't ya. All i can say is at least i have an exclusive color and some pricey shoes on my car to stand apart.

Each day i think a cayman needs to be parked in my driveway

Old 08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Bah, you guys are no fun. I'M still a n00b, and I think n00b bashing should be a forum sport!

In all honesty, I hate newbie bashing for the sake of newbie bashing. I do, however, think that an FAQ thread that compiles a lot of information will help everyone.

If someone does a DIY writeup, then put it in there. If someone posts a discussion thread on "what to do first" then I think it should be like in the professional industry where it's "peer reviewed" and then posted in the thread. Or put the link to the TSB list. That's just my opinion. It would really help this place be a complete source for all things G35 coupe.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by madscientist
i love how there are all these new people showing up with 03 and 04 coupes asking ridiculous questions like "Has anyone heard of a spacer/intake/exhaust/suspension setup that i can afford on my Arby's salary that will give me 500whp??????"
there have to be at least 5 new threads a day from these noobs.
i honestly think it's time to establish some kind of rule or lock where you can't post a new thread until you've been a member for 30-45 days. Hopefully by that time the person will have looked around the site, discovered the search function, or will have gone ahead and purchased everything g35 related off e-bay.

Dude shut the **** up. He's asking a rather simple question and there is no need for you to be bitter. I didn't read about him wanting to get 500hp on his car. Everyone started somewhere so please be courteous and shut the **** up.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Premier Member

^^^Like this is being courteous...Go figure...

He learned a lot from this thread...

1) To ask the right questions. His question was too general...We don't know his taste and what not.

2) Now he knows there's a search button

3) He will learn how to pick and choose his questions.

4) We are not all a$$es. It just comes across like that but we were just poking fun.

Those of you who are still new to the forum are being way too defensive. The forum is a public place. Just like a bar. You don't walk into a bar and act like you own the place. You want to go in check out the place feel out the locals. Most of us have a wealth of knowledge. Do you think just coming in and people will just give you all the information on a plater. If you think the world is going to do that then you are smoking crack. I mean what's the point of the thread PLEASE READ THESE 9 RULES THREAD!!!

Do you know what saves me sometime when I post a question? I'll do a quick search and if I can't find it on the first 5 pages of the search...I'll post and ask the question and state that I've searched but I didn't find what I needed. Some guys have certain keywords or they remember their thread. They at least give you the respect because you at least tried to search. Granted not all things can be search. Its just the fact that you tried and if they can't do a quick search themselves to find it and help you they will give you the answer.

Anyways, you guys lighten up on trying to be captain save a hoe...haha....JK..Carry on...

Old 08-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by CONCRETE
Dude shut the **** up. He's asking a rather simple question and there is no need for you to be bitter. I didn't read about him wanting to get 500hp on his car. Everyone started somewhere so please be courteous and shut the **** up.
You're mature. Grow up.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by CONCRETE
In his crude, but endearing way, he's got a point.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by g35 Newbie
I finally got a 2004 sport coupe with the 6 spd man. I just got the JWT pop-charger and I'm looking for some decent mods that won't break the bank. Any suggestions??
Just a suggestion, don't put "Newbie" in your name, the sharks can already smell the blood in the water, why splash around and wait for them?